• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - EQ Live Server Krono to Plat prices (1 Viewer)

TheEld3r

RedCents
369¢
Bertoxxulous--

Bristlebane-- 2.2.mill - 2.5 mill Thanks Sicprofundus!

Cazic Thule-- 2.2 mill - 2.5 Thanks Shadowfall!

Drinal-- 3mill ish Thanks Dborgar

Erollisi Marr--

Luclin-- 2.2mill - 2.5mill Thanks Narrock!

Povar--

The Rathe--

Trakanon--

Tunare--

Xegony--

Vox-- 3 mill Thanks "Wishes to remain anonymous" :)

Trying to gather some info--- Any help would be appreciated. Since barter caps at 2 million platinum I know sometimes servers have people are selling them higher than that. Trying to get a good idea on what server I can send some toons to with kronos and get them decent gear for lvl 100.

Last edited:
Bristle 2.2 - 2.5 --- that is what people "say" the price is. but usually 2.4-2.5.

FV is 4.8 (low) and 5mil (average/high)

Ragefire I heard is 100k

Lockjaw 60k

Tunare - I spent 24hrs spamming at 2.5mil before I finally got what I needed. Was told 2mil was the average price though

If you're willing to be patient you can buy krono from people using the buyer system for 2mil. There are people who are just not that patient when it comes to selling and are willing to just drop them if you have a buyer up. I run three buyers periodically (one constantly) and can usually bring in one or two a week.

For the green servers (i.e. non-all-access servers), the price is going to be pretty much the same across the board with a +/- 15% change in price fluctuation. You really don't need to figure the price will change at all for those servers, because Krono is account tied so the price is going to be the same pretty much on any green server you hop on. Because people will funnel the plat and krono between servers constantly.

This wasn't true 1-2 years ago , but now they are pretty much in equilibrium on price because of bazaar trades of 2 million plat cap has been reached/exceeded on the value of a Krono (i.e. no competition since people don't sell them in bazaar anymore). That means people resort to chat to buy/sell Krono, and since people monitor chat on multiple servers this means the price isn't going to fluctuate much either.

Exploit
I am going to go ahead and give away this exploit since you can't use it anymore, this was done completely without the use of mq2 even, because how flawed EQ's bazaar system is.:

If you had a lot of plat saved up over years the first couple of years Krono was introduced. The smart thing to do was split up your plat onto multiple toons and transfer them to as many live servers as you could. I usually transferred about 30 million per server to about 5-8 servers, every 2-3 months the first year, and about double that to 60 million the 2nd year Krono went live. Basic economics, how to generate volume quickly.

Then I set up buyers on all those transferred toons on those servers, easily obtaining about 40-50 Krono a month. I know I gained over a 1000+ Krono the first year by this method, with about 500 of which I got on my server alone the first few months Krono were introduced.

Unfortunately that method will not work now as its pointless to run a buyer now to try and buy Krono, since no one is going to sell Krono at the 2million plat cap.

I further exploited this by checking server prices across all servers every month or so, and if I saw someone buying or selling Krono to plat conversion for far less/more then what I bought/sold for. I would either setup trader on that server to sell the Krono or buy the Krono via buyer mode. This eventually caused speeding up the equilibrium on Krono prices on all the non-access servers, as quite a few people were doing this method.

---

Back to your original question OP, its not going to matter much which server you ask price on, the fluctuation is going to be +/-400k, which is nothing these days.

Think of all the non-access servers as 1 big mega server when you are dealing with Krono prices, its not going to change much. Even the other non-access servers caught up to the price of how much Krono used to go for on Firiona Vie because of this. If you look at FV prices historically 3-4 years ago in comparison to other green servers there was a huge gap. Not so much anymore.

Question - EQ Live Server Krono to Plat prices

Users who are viewing this thread

Back