• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

News - EoK for $17.5 !!! (1 Viewer)

Any idea why the sale is only through october? but new xpac comes out in dec? does it go full price again oct - dec?

Only through october because that is when they will offer Beta but in order to do Beta you will have to buy the new expansion at full cost which is usually the $55 or something.

Does pre ordering the next expansion grant access to the previous ones? If I pay for the new xpac in oct, do I get immediate access to eok and tbm? I'm just now hitting 100 on my toons and will hit 105 by end of month. Wondering if it is worth waiting

Pre Order does not give you access to previous xpacs anymore. Use to, but they ended up having some issues

Ah, this sucks. I'd really hate to pay 17$ now, than another 55 in oct if when the xpac launches i'd get that 17$ worth of content anyway just a few months later.

I think the only thing you would gain are the EOK Specific goodies in the different bundles. This would be just the Familiar keyring at the basic level.

If you want an FM portal for your Guild Hall, now you can get one for only $70 :-)

I was doing the math...
I could buy the 24 copies I need to complete the set half off...

Then do the standard 4-5 groups with new expansion...
But then that means if I upgrade the other 24 I'm out $17.50...

Cheaper to wait on EOK, and just go 60 copies of Kunark 2.1 for $1700ish

I think the only thing you would gain are the EOK Specific goodies in the different bundles. This would be just the Familiar keyring at the basic level.

If you want an FM portal for your Guild Hall, now you can get one for only $70 :-)

but i'd also have to wait for RoS to release to get access to EoK and TBM, Correct?

but i'd also have to wait for RoS to release to get access to EoK and TBM, Correct?

Correct. The RoS Pre-order won't get you previous xpacs until it goes live. And it won't get you the previous xpac's goodies. Look for those in the DB Store :)

Not sure but I think you get a month's sub with the EoK expansion?? So it kinda pays for itself now if that is true.

- - - Updated - - -

Any idea why the sale is only through october? but new xpac comes out in dec? does it go full price again oct - dec?

Maybe they will offer it for free leading up to RoS release to draw in Silver crowd and old timers who have quit for the 10th time.

Damn good point... and also fuck you... now I'm spending $70 haha

Basically you are buying EoK for 3 months. Might be worth it for some alts that you are not buying Ring of Scale for.

Now if they allowed to buy EoK for 1750 DBC now that I would go for :)

I lied. It must have been voa or rof that when you pre ordered you didn't get content from before. I know there was a lot of issues with it too many xpacs over the years haha.

But Roxxlly (eq dev) just confirmed in vets lounge that when you pre order ring of scale you WILL gain access to tbm/eok

patience is key...

Yep I really don't see the point of buying it at half off , when in 3 months you can have it plus another expansion.

Daybreak is notorious for doing this way way late to run a discount. Most games I play after 3 months there is usually a 25% of sale, then about 6 months after release they do a 50% off sale. 9 months after launch to run a 50% sale is laughable.

Even the other mmorpg's the DLC's get discounted pretty quickly after 4-6 months of release, with probably the only exception being Blizzard games which is worse than Daybreak with discounts.

News - EoK for $17.5 !!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back