• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - 6 Box composition for Ragefire/Lockjaw (1 Viewer)

Ragefiremoney

RedCents
30¢
What classes would you choose if you were to boot up from scratch on RF or LJ with the goal of raiding and also 1 grouping older raid content like Dain? (from a PoP/LDON perspective)?

Tank: Warrior or SK? - I feel that warrior would be easier due to the better mitigation but SK has more aggro tools and probably a better group tank overall.

Utility/CC - Enchanter is almost a given but I'm not sure that charm holds up over the next expansions

Main Heal - Cleric is a given

DPS - Ranger - Fire and forget capability, headshot later on, and decent utility.

DPS - Necro - Good sustained DPS, good utility and can pull. Not as great as a mage in terms of burst

DPS - Mage - Best summoned pets in the game, malo for charming, good burst. Not sure how well they stack up against raid bosses even if they're technically a few xpacs behind.

I was toying with the idea of perhaps going a more melee oriented route and throwing a bard in. Would that be a better option?

I'm running a 4x group, currently Mage/Enc/Wiz/Clr. Getting around is still a pain for another expansion or 2, a teleporter helps, and wiz burst dps is pretty solid. Cleric is a no brainer for a healer since you will want the nice rezzes, not sure when druids and shamans get good ones. Either dump the ranger for a wiz, or go more melee. I prefer caster heavy, they box/bot better, but life without a proper tank or puller is annoying. Beast lords are also available for dps slows/buffs, but not sure how they stacked up in this era. Zerkers are yet to come, so rogue is the best melee dps. Any tank is good, but I think warriors have the edge doing the big bosses.

Question - 6 Box composition for Ragefire/Lockjaw

Users who are viewing this thread

Back