• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • There was a hotfixtoday. DO NOT PATCH EQ or you'll have to wait for the next MQ update (no ETA). You can play without the patch by using patchme or autologin (preferred). If you've already patched EQ you're out of luck, unless you find someone to share the older eqgame.exe (don't ask here).

Question - 6 Box composition for Ragefire/Lockjaw (1 Viewer)

Ragefiremoney

RedCents
30¢
What classes would you choose if you were to boot up from scratch on RF or LJ with the goal of raiding and also 1 grouping older raid content like Dain? (from a PoP/LDON perspective)?

Tank: Warrior or SK? - I feel that warrior would be easier due to the better mitigation but SK has more aggro tools and probably a better group tank overall.

Utility/CC - Enchanter is almost a given but I'm not sure that charm holds up over the next expansions

Main Heal - Cleric is a given

DPS - Ranger - Fire and forget capability, headshot later on, and decent utility.

DPS - Necro - Good sustained DPS, good utility and can pull. Not as great as a mage in terms of burst

DPS - Mage - Best summoned pets in the game, malo for charming, good burst. Not sure how well they stack up against raid bosses even if they're technically a few xpacs behind.

I was toying with the idea of perhaps going a more melee oriented route and throwing a bard in. Would that be a better option?

I'm running a 4x group, currently Mage/Enc/Wiz/Clr. Getting around is still a pain for another expansion or 2, a teleporter helps, and wiz burst dps is pretty solid. Cleric is a no brainer for a healer since you will want the nice rezzes, not sure when druids and shamans get good ones. Either dump the ranger for a wiz, or go more melee. I prefer caster heavy, they box/bot better, but life without a proper tank or puller is annoying. Beast lords are also available for dps slows/buffs, but not sure how they stacked up in this era. Zerkers are yet to come, so rogue is the best melee dps. Any tank is good, but I think warriors have the edge doing the big bosses.

Question - 6 Box composition for Ragefire/Lockjaw

Users who are viewing this thread

Back