• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Question about Zerks (1 Viewer)

RedCents
479¢
I've got a Zerker I might pull out of retirement and have some questions if someone out there competent with the class would be so kind as to answer.

I main a rogue, and when farming plat with a merc, if I get a bunch of mobs on me, I can just pop my avoidance disc which lasts for 10 minutes. It doesn't appear Zerks have anything similar, which makes sense, as their lore has them as crazed warriors with no regard for their own health.

So my question is, what is the Zerker way of handling a bunch of mobs at once, defensively? I read somewhere that they have a crit to self heal ability - is that an AA? Is it effective?

Other than that, just some tips on the class would be helpful too:

Most important AA lines
Disc usage recommendations
etc...

Thanks Zerks!

You want to look at things like:

Self-preservation. Crap version of fade, and no invis is applied so mobs re-aggro if you are close shortly after.
Blood Sustenance. Return health proportionate to damage dealt. Once every 10 mins so not too reliable.

Generally, zerkers way to handle multiple mobs is to simply start burning and activate discs like Uncanny Resilience, Juggernaut Resolve (I think) and Blood Sustenance. With the huge increase in dps from things like Focused Furious Rampage, Savage Spirit and Reckless Abandon you can generally get a few mobs down before dying.

Having said that, if you're fighting in EoK and have no healer at all then I wouldn't be surprised to see you having lots of downtime or running back to corpse frequently.

If you look on the .ini thread you are very likely to find a 105 zerker ini that should give you an idea of important discs/abilities. For AA's you just want to make sure you have those important abilities above bought and also look to increase all passive damage dealing methods.

Question - Question about Zerks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back