• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Noob question on .ini, kissassist and melee (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sgamer75

RedCents
50¢
Im new to this site and have a noobish question.
I have read a bunch of posts and I created my INI files for my toons.

I'm confused on where I put in the Melee commands and the Holy downshit stuff.
Do I paste everything in to the ini file? if so what order do I put them in?
Ie.. im trying to get my monk to use flying kick instead of regular kick and but cant figure out where to put the flying kick at in the ini file.

I appreciate the help.
I couldn't find my answer through searching.

you could put your combat abilities(along with spells, if caster class) in your DPS section. so say in your DPS1 spot make it say DPS1=Flying kick|95 and it will use Flying Kick when the mobs health reaches 95. you can put other spells/abilities to each dps1,2,3,4,5,6,7 etc

just make sure to set your DPSon=1 and not DPSon=0.

Im new to this site and have a noobish question.
I have read a bunch of posts and I created my INI files for my toons.

I'm confused on where I put in the Melee commands and the Holy downshit stuff.
Do I paste everything in to the ini file? if so what order do I put them in?
Ie.. im trying to get my monk to use flying kick instead of regular kick and but cant figure out where to put the flying kick at in the ini file.

I appreciate the help.
I couldn't find my answer through searching.

Holy and downshift stuff is in the default MQ2 folder under Server_character.ini and then save it and reload mq2melee and it should be there to turn on in the ingame settings.

regular attacks such as gash/bleed and other combat abilities go into kissassist.ini for your character, if thats what you are talking about it will be under the DPS section or AE section and you just put what percentage you want them to fire off at and go from there.

you can also create holy/downflag/downshift stuff for these abilities as well but thats a different topic all together and I am not good at that so ill leave you with that information lol

Thanks all. this definitely helps.

I was confused since the posts with INI files first shows kissassist stuff then a separate section for Melee or holydownshift stuff. I thought maybe they were separate files or something. Thanks for all the help.

- - - Updated - - -

Some times its a good idea to look at some of the inis posted by others and interpolate (extrapolate?) what they do and integrate it into what youre doing.
I agree. I was trying to do that, but some had melee stuff listed first, then a separate section for kissassist, some were vice versa, i just wasn't sure how to format the ini with the different sections

- - - Updated - - -

Holy and downshift stuff is in the default MQ2 folder under Server_character.ini and then save it and reload mq2melee and it should be there to turn on in the ingame settings.

regular attacks such as gash/bleed and other combat abilities go into kissassist.ini for your character, if thats what you are talking about it will be under the DPS section or AE section and you just put what percentage you want them to fire off at and go from there.

So if I dont have any DPS or AE section in my server_charname.ini can I just add it at the bottom or anywhere?

you can also create holy/downflag/downshift stuff for these abilities as well but thats a different topic all together and I am not good at that so ill leave you with that information lol

- - - Updated - - -

ok i am closing this thread, I think I misread something somewhere. thanks for everyones help

- - - Updated - - -

closed

Question - Noob question on .ini, kissassist and melee
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back