• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - does MQ2 and KissAssist actually work (1 Viewer)

MQ2 and KA work fantastically well even if you've never programmed in your life.

The Auto-Updater is awesome too. Makes updating MQ2 so easy.

As for KA you can just use the class specific .inis in Level 2 forums .

So many people have contributed to the success of RG.

One last thing though: MQ2 does not work on Agnarr and Phinny per Daybreak's agreement with MQ2 maintainer.

Nope .... MQ2 and KissAssist don't work at all ... we have a faithful community of thousands that spend money every month for a product that does nothing and does not mind that we provide absolutely no support....

( joke )

No.. actually .. its the bomb.... we are constantly updating our product.. and provide top notch support.... most of the time our community members beat the admins and developers to the punch in responding to and helping answer support questions.... but we do maintain a paid staff for support... and the community is awesome as well as the product.

I've only been on the coding scene of MQ2 for 14+ years.... with my thumb in numerous projects for EverQuest.. not just MQ2.... so what do I know.. lol

Thanks! I play on Cazic Thule and I can never find groups, I was hoping this would help where I can box a few characters. I cant box to save myself tho. Darkie a free week would do. just so I can see what it does but if you wanna do a whole month that would be awesome!

There is a learning curve, only because it is quite powerful. You will need to invest a little time here on the boards learning everything it can do.

Personally, I use it in manual mode because I enjoy playing adventuring. It is amazing.

Wow really!!! Thank you so much!! Where do I start!

Start at the beginning.... lol

Download the installer.... run update.exe after installing.... as admin ... and then start reading about the plugins you want to load / keep active

Once you know what plugins you want to utilize... you can start reading up on KissAssist.mac .. via its manual ....

If you have ANY questions ( and you will ... because there is a learning curve getting used to the MQ2 enviornment.. and especially the KissAssist.mac ) .. just ask in the appropriate forum.... the devs and moderators and also community members are always happy to help fellow community users get up to speed / keep them informed.

Hope you become a regular.... Your faithful tree humper.

I would recommend just starting with the pluggins that are automatically checked with the vanilla install. Then get each of your classes running with kissassist, by adapting .ini files that are posted here. Once you feel like they are stable, start reading into the finer points (i.e. adding special use pluggins, .inc files and events).

Also, humor the community a bit right now. The core code just went through some major changes so there are a lot of bugs being worked out.

Here's my take on it from a long time EQ player (Velious) returning after a long hiatus (Prophecy of Ro).

MQ2 botting has certainly progressed a lot since the last time I was playing EQ ( and regressed as there's no more warp, GK, ND, etc... :P ). It is not as sophisticated as the bots for other games like WoW where you can create a level 1 and 1-click bot to max level or have the bot auto-configure itself to maximize dps/heal/etc... for every class and level. So, if you're expecting those kind of bots, you'll probably be disappointed. However it is a lot of fun in its own way and works quite well once you get the hang of it.

1. Botting in EQ typically implies Multi-boxing. This is kind of a fun aspect compared to other games like WoW since you can multi-box six accounts without paying for six subs. It reminds me of old-school games like Wizardry where you command a team of players.
2. For me, starting out was rough. I still had six level 75 accounts from when I left off, but there is very little sub-level 85 help available. Start out simple and don't get discouraged. It gets a lot easier as you level up and catch up to the main player base.
3. ISBoxer is your friend. Trust me on this one.
4. Make sure you run all your ini files through Kissini.
5. Use SEQ or MySEQ to see what's going on.
6. Use Frequency UI or another MQ2 enhanced UI.

Hope that helps a bit. Good luck.

Question - does MQ2 and KissAssist actually work

Users who are viewing this thread

Back