• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Discussion - RMT ban wave ... risk assessment. (1 Viewer)

RedCents
60¢
Just curious.....

Anyone caught in the RMT ban waves get nicked for accepting transfers of krono and/or plat after buying from an online site ??? Or are 99.9999% of these bans due to RMT for account sales.

I've read a million horror stories about multi bans across entire user's account range simply because they accessed a toon that was once logged into the ip address of a known account seller.

They bought one account... and bam.. every self made / played / raised account they own gets nicked due to association of the new owner's ip address with the ip of the previous account seller they know of.. or self association due to registered email.

Trying to do risk assessment of krono transfer or plat transfer to a toon of mine after a purchase on "one of the bigget krono / plat selling sites for eq" ... ( not to name names .. cough )

The only actual bans I know of came from RMT account sales. I can not speak confidently about their other toons, but I know the bought/sold account was hit.

The only Krono related bans I know of are when DBG gets a charge back, they tend to ban every account who touched the Krono.

I have not heard of any related to plat, or equipment. Doesn't mean it hasn't happened, I just have not heard of any.

I've never bought accounts:: I have bought Kronos from members here + done my fair share of macroing. No bans so far.
Couple friends got hit, but they were buying/selling accounts. The guy who sold accounts lost his main accounts + any accounts he sold. Other dude who buys accounts but doesn't sell was able to keep his main accounts, but lost his bought accounts.

Seems like they are targeting sellers more than buyers as usual.

I purchased alot of krono from whom shall not be named, multiple large purchases and never had any issues ever. I've never bought or sold accounts though.

It really seems to just be account sales, they're constantly updating what they watch. first was changing pw/sq/email in the same day, or 2 of the 3 in 24 hours, now its a payment source that doesnt match the country of origin, also watching IP's as well. Just seems silly to buy any accounts right now, and they're doing it in waves, WoW blizzard style, gather em up, hibernate and hit em all at once.

Sad thing is, i know someone that got pinched with this, and he hasn't even played in 3 months, and he's had the account for 9 months + and still got banned for this. So not sure how far back they are going on some of this.

For me, I lost the accounts I purchased through a seller that recently got hit. Rest of my accounts were fine though.

Some of you are just spreading rumors with no real proof or facts to back them up. If they were going after account sellers a lot more people would be effected. There is something else that these accounts have in common that we don't see.

When they opened the beta rewards program (every 5 recruits you got to sub, you received a reward package that increased in usefulness the higher you went) I created 50 accounts and powered a toon to level 50 on each account. I gave the accounts away for free hoping at least 25 of them would sub and I would reach the 5th tier of rewards. Sounds like a lot of work but you can power a full group to level 50 on FV in an hour or two.

I received my 5th tier (25 recruits) pretty fast.

Only later to regret ever doing it.

When you give away an account or sell an account, your IP and maybe other information is associated with that account. When the buyers start using active hacks and disrupting the server, guess what happens to you?

This was a few years ago, but the lesson was learned.

The issue with selling lots of accounts is that eventually you are going to get a buyer that's going to get you, the seller, in trouble. Once that happens it goes back to all the accounts you sell. I know account sellers are now taking more precautions, but obviously there are trails.

When you sell PP or items, there is much less risk.

Sorry but they will never link an account back to you based on just IP anyone who thinks is foolish. They also wouldn't ban all your accounts for the actions of one account unless its a chargeback.

1) they absolutely will track IP, and they WILL ban any account that has touched that IP. However, I have only ever personally seen this if 1 of those accounts has a chargeback. If its just a single instance of changing IP / suspected account sale, they usually just ban that specific account.

2) IF an account gets IP banned, every piece of info related to that account (phone number, email etc) then if you make a new account with any of those pieces of info, they will also be banned. AFAIK they dont ever release these.

every group I make now is done VIA fresh vpn and with completely clean info on it (brand new email etc) so far that has seemed to be as safe as possible, worst case scenario there are only ever 6 toons linked to a given IP.

Also, as soon as one of those toons changes IP (say from a buyer) that account will instantly be flagged for 2 step verification, but after that it should be fine (as long as you dont enter any banned info into the 2 step verification, like a flagged number or email)

this is only from my personal experience, but I feel pretty confident that is the current system they are using to ban.

this should be in the private forums imo.

i have sold 3 toons and 75 krono in last 2 weeks give or take a week ..... nothing has happened i am guessing the people that are having issues have been turned in and or sold directly to or bought from a mole imo

Discussion - RMT ban wave ... risk assessment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back