• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Understanding which AA's I can purchase - strange behavior (1 Viewer)

BillyBobJr

RedCents
445¢
So I recently created a new heroic SK on an existing account that already has a 105 cleric. That account was upgraded using a key I purchased on player auctions that was hit with the temporary ban wave last year. I was under the impression that they nerfed all those characters down to level 100 and took away their TBM AA's until you repurchased the expansion. However, when I reactivated last week I noticed that I was level 105 on all my previous characters (4 accounts) and I still had my TBM AA's. The strange thing is that on my newly created character (on that old account) can't purchase any TBM level AA's, even though he is eligible for them. For example, I can't purchase the AA "Cloak of Shadows", even though it has a single pre-req of level 85; I'm level 100 currently. Could it be that they only grandfathered in existing characters back to their TBM levels and AA's and any new characters created on those accounts have to purchase TBM? Seems like a goofy question as I always though expansions were account wide, but maybe I'm missing something fundamental here. Please tell me I'm not crazy :)

Funny you should say that, I had to spend 20 minutes searching for how to check which expansions you are enabled for. I never pay attention to that login screen and finally found an article saying to check there :0 Turns out they did downgrade me expansion wise, but I stayed at 105 with all my TBM AAs. I guess now I face the choice of whether or not to wait for the next expansion or not or upgrade 4 accounts. I thought you could do it with Station Cash, but looks like that may have been a one-timer offer :(

Question - Understanding which AA's I can purchase - strange behavior

Users who are viewing this thread

Back