• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Window Management (1 Viewer)

RedCents
8,490¢
I've been on hiatus from EQ a bit and jumping back in. My innerspace subscription expired and I don't really feel like paying to renew it. Mainly because MQ2AutoLogin is so much slower than Eqmule's MQ2Login. So how are you guys doing your window management? AutoHotkey? Dealing with window resizes and such? Innerspace/ISBoxer was so nice because it just took care of all the swaps and made it look neat on my 3 monitor setup. Also I do like to assign hotkeys to each of my toons, how are you all handling that?

Thanks for the feedback ahead of time!

I can't help you much here, my windows are a mess and hotkeys take me a long time to set up and a short time to forget. Solving window management would be an awesome plugin if anyone's up for it :)

I do use the ~ key to cycle windows though, that's a good help. I disabled it in the default Very Vanilla because it confused so many people, here's how to enable it:

Start Macroquest2, then right-click the MacroQuest2 icon in your taskbar. Select "INI file"

Under
Rich (BB code):
[MacroQuest]
Find the following code,
Rich (BB code):
CycleNextWindow=0
and change it to
Rich (BB code):
CycleNextWindow=~
or whatever key you like.

Here's the original release statement,
Rich (BB code):
You can now "cycle" eq windows now with the '~' key.... (also known as tilde)
  its not obvious but you CAN change it by editing the macroquest.ini
  in the [MacroQuest] section add a CycleNextWindow=somekey
  Example: (and this is what it defaults to when this entry does not exist)
           CycleNextWindow=shift+`
  u can do alt+ and ctrl+ as well but thats it.
  you cannot combine alt+shift+, i didnt want to make this to complex.
  you CAN however drop the prefixes altogether and just specify it as
  CycleNextWindow=b
  that would make the lettere "b" on your keyboard cycle the windows... (not recommended unless u plan on never using the letter b for any other reason...)
  Setting CycleNextWindow=0 will disable it completely.

I know it's not what you'd hoped for, but that's as far as we've come on window management.

Is there a way to do this automatically for each character logon?

i believe you set a custom wintitle for your characters, then autosizer finds that specific window and places it where you set it up to place it, you can use your cfg files in macroquest to set a a wintitle when your character enters world.

use this info

CharSelect.CFG
Executed when you are put at character select

server_character.CFG
Executed when this character enters the world

i would use the server_character.cfg then
Rich (BB code):
/SetWinTitle ${Me.Name} (Lvl:${Me.Level} ${Zone.ShortName})

and then have autosizer look for the window with the character name in it

and then its automated.

These are great, Still working on a way of doing fullscreen windowed without borders and not messing up EQ functionality with clicking.

yeah i havent found anything but isboxer that does that completely and 100%

if you do let me know lol, cause its annoygin when wineq2 makes things bad in the background windows cause it ghoste alt or control or something.

Yeah, I have multiple monitors and Innerspace is just incredible. I'm going to crack and just pony up the $$ for another year sub. The swaps and going between 5 monitors is just awesome. I can use Autohotkey to position a lot of windows, but getting rid of the borders (properly) and doing swaps is such a headache without ISBoxer/Innerspace.

Question - Window Management

Users who are viewing this thread

Back