• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Article: MQ2EasyFind update: Mesh-less navigation + commandline! (1 Viewer)

Redbot

🖥️💖
RedCents
88,152¢
Pronouns
He/Him
MQ2EasyFind: Crowdfunding with RedGuides ultra rares

Two years ago you supported MQ2Nav, the fantastic plugin from brainiac. We only had a rough beta at the time, but with your overwhelming support and feedback you helped shape MQ2Nav into what is today: a polished, nearly flawless navigation system for EverQuest.

Now there's a new plugin in development and not only are we ready to give you a sneak peak, but supporters can enjoy early access to our newest creation beginning today. If you like EQ's find window, you'll love...

easyfind.png

It seems simple at first, but then you learn that it works with anything in the find window, including zone lines, and the possibilities open up. Make room on your HDD - you're going to need more nav meshes.

Tiers

$25 - RedGuides handwritten thank you card & RedGuides stickers + 50 RedCents
include a note with your username + shipping address for the loot!

$50 - RedGuides mug + card & stickers + 50 RedCents
mug.jpg

$75 - RedGuides mousepad + card & stickers + 100 RedCents
mousepad.jpg

$100 - MQ2EasyFind RIGHT NOW, no waiting! + mousepad, mug, card & stickers + 100 RedCents
easyfindsm.png

≥ $200 - Kunark Cloth Map + a *new condition* EQ 10th anniversary book + MQ2EasyFind RIGHT NOW, no waiting! + mousepad, mug, card & stickers + 100 RedCents
eqbook04[1].jpgeqmap.jpg

donate-button[1].png

Current funding status
thermometer.png

Funding levels
$1,000 unlocks EasyFind for every Level 2 member for a month.
$2,000 unlocks EasyFind for every Level 2 member forever.
We did it! Nov 1st, Very Vanilla now has MQ2EasyFind :toot: :toot: :toot: :dance:
$2,500
unlocks powerful command line options for MQ2EasyFind.

donate-button[1].png

Last edited:
Re: MQ2EasyFind: Crowdfunding with RedGuides ultra rares

We'll have pictures of the mousepads and cards when they're in our hands. At $1000 I'll update the compile and we can all have some fun.

Holy crap this is amazing.

I forsee the future using the map finder thingie and being able to travel to destination multiple zones over.

Super awesome work guys!

Holy crap this is amazing.

I forsee the future using the map finder thingie and being able to travel to destination multiple zones over.

I thought the same thing Sic, MQ2Warp without the warp/sketchyness, inb4 easy travels with no ban!

I submitted the idea to Brainiac about navigating to wherever we right click at on the map.

Does Easyfind only navigate to what's on /find or can it navigate to anywhere you specify on the map? (like with a right click)

Just curious will this ever be made into a piggy zone of sorts? IE Be in Nek Forest and /piggyzone Lower guk and have it run you all the way there?

Get a Druid or Wiz + Bard speed and you have that. You can also do /nav locxyz x y z and MQ2Nav takes you there

/nav loc works, but it's a pain to find the loc for zone lines ;)

Just curious will this ever be made into a piggy zone of sorts? IE Be in Nek Forest and /piggyzone Lower guk and have it run you all the way there?

I think that would be great! Even if we don't add it to the plugin, when/if command lines are added we could whip up a macro to do just that.

Do the donators get immediate access to the plugin? Or is access dependent on reaching the overall goal?

Never mind ... went back and read the upper tier donation levels.

i have just a question :it work in zone like Caverns of Endless Song or degmar ? :)

I haven't tried it there yet, but good news:

We hit $1,000!

Thanks to our donors, everyone now gets to enjoy MQ2EasyFind until September 21st. Making a new compile now, get ready to update :dance:

So this just runs you to a zone line or NPC. Will it do multiple zones? For example, deciding the best route from PoK to Commonlands, and then you step away and come back to the zone you wanted?
I miss the days of warping and zoning... =P

So this just runs you to a zone line or NPC. Will it do multiple zones? For example, deciding the best route from PoK to Commonlands, and then you step away and come back to the zone you wanted?
I miss the days of warping and zoning... =P

As several users have requested it in this thread, I think that's something we'll likely be adding. Just remember you can get killed by NPCs fairly easily, so don't travel AFK, and keep /nav stop on hotkey.

As several users have requested it in this thread, I think that's something we'll likely be adding. Just remember you can get killed by NPCs fairly easily, so don't travel AFK, and keep /nav stop on hotkey.
Adding the ability to mount, re-mount (such as PoK to The Grey, mounting again once you leave the Netherbian Caverns) would be valuable as well, imo. I'm all for automation in a game that's 18+ years old and is flush with repeat content.

I would be happy with just being able to Set up an auto zone function for 18+ Where i dont have to keep clicking a pok book !
And will donate for that functionality ,,

Redbot,

I've noticed while using this in Pot that choosing PoH as your destination immediately stops the path. It doesn't matter where in pot I am it just gives a stopping navigation message. Every other destination I've tried has worked fine though occasionally it will stop just short of the zone line/object.

Still glad I donated to get it, it's pretty awesome. You did ask for feedback though :p

- - - Updated - - -

I load the mq2nav plugin and dont get the UI. I don't see much information on getting this to work.

https://www.redguides.com/community/threads/42249-MQ2Nav?highlight=Navmesh

https://www.redguides.com/content/196-The-Red-Guide-to-MQ2Nav-KA

Should get you started, but /nav ui will bring up the ui for it and hide it once your done. If you happen to hit the x to close it, just Unload and reload the plugin.

You probably also need a mesh for the zone you're in to show the ui too, not sure on that though as I've never tried without already having made a mesh for a given zone.

Thats a pretty sweet navigation plugin you've got there ;)

Please consider donating via the link in my sig if you consider the ability to navigate autonomously useful and/or valuable.

WTS Redcents for cash =P I am just not able to donate I can barely afford the net right now =P When I get some funds I will most certainly be donating.

Feedback for EasyFind...
#1 -- ability to path with doorclicks turned off so you don't do things like click PoHealth crystal
#2 -- when an in game path isn't available need to figure out how to nav to the loc of the red X ( i think this one is already in active dev)
#3 -- when the thing you are "finding" is a zoneline (PoK stones mostly come to mind), a way to door click them at the end.

I have that happen in lesser faydark, i think the greater faydark entrance is outside the mesh geometry. I have been unable to tweak it to make it navigate to greater faydark. This might become an issue when botting ldons.

same in great divide, going to estern waste the marker for hte zone line it runs to is definately not the zone line.

I've seen some issues with Plane of Tranquility. Click on Plane of Earth and it runs my toon way out in the water and does some funky things out there. It has issues with some other locations here as well.

Mq2easyfind gets its end locations directly from the find tool in EverQuest which gets all the locations from the server, so if you click on a zone connection, and it runs you to the wrong location, it's because someone at daybreak made a mistake and they are actually sending the wrong location to the client...

I know this isn't widespread but I have seen the one in pot fail as well.

Open a bug report with them and let them know their connection for that zone has the wrong endpoint.

Last edited:
our month-long EasyFind preview is over :(

Donors: PM me if you need a link to the new version

Article: MQ2EasyFind update: Mesh-less navigation + commandline!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back