• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Discussion - Account Creation Origin (1 Viewer)

hustlin123

RedCents
I didnt really know what to call this, but here goes.

If an account is created in CAD, you can not add a USD payment source unless you petition and have it switched.

Ive had a few customers recently inform me that DBG is cracking down on switching an accounts country of origin due to the high volume of recent requests and is no longer "fixing this mistake." Can anyone confirm or deny this?

This poses as a security risk for the buyer, if it is something DBG is looking into when people try and have it swapped, if it is true.

Regardless, I have been making side notes on my account creations the past few days and will be specifying the country of origin in future listings if need be.

Cheers,

I can semi confirm this.
I think they made this change some time last week or two weeks ago, since I did not run into issues a month earlier.
I tried to buy EoK for some of my accounts 3 days ago, and ran into issue with paying.

Ticket response after going back and forth for the last 3 days was this:
"Since you are living in XX, you will need to use a payment source from that region."

sumon did you try to pay lately?
A month ago paypal and credit card from none origin country worked, but now they dont.
I have no idea how they check paypal's origin. Whether its the nationality on the account or the bank/CC attached to it.

I just purchased an account and I believe this to be the case as well. Only I had one account that has been banned and another I purchased a couple of weeks ago has not been banned as of this posting.

I sent in a ticket to have my origin changed and they banned me..Assholes

I got a ticket sent in to get some answers and try to fight it but we will see.

I sent in a ticket to have my origin changed and they banned me..Assholes

I got a ticket sent in to get some answers and try to fight it but we will see.

It seems as though they turn a blind eye to krono buying/selling but are going after account sellers/buyers currently, seems odd to me. It sucks how many people have been hit by this though.

In my case my account was fine until I submitted a ticket to get it changed. I dont think anything would have happend if I had not sent in the ticket. I had the option to pay via steam never tried that before maybe that would have worked?

- - - Updated - - -

I got a response from daybreak about why the account was banned.

The account has been permanently banned because it has come to our attention that it has changed hands, which is not something we allow.

The account i was using was started with a krono. No cc sq or email was set. The country was set to canada and thats what caused the problem.

For stuff you can't use Krono, like expansions, maybe a pre-paid travel card. They work like a debit or pre-paid credit card, but I think they try to pay the seller in whatever currency is requested. Fees are a bit high on these, but if they work for anybody let us know.

Well, curiosity took over and i added an Euro cc to 2 US accounts i own since 10 years. Had to use US as country but seems the system didnt care if this is true or not. :rolleyes:

Discussion - Account Creation Origin

Users who are viewing this thread

Back