• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Contest August '17 Contest: Tell us about your favorite merc/familiar (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redbot

🖥️💖
RedCents
88,152¢
Pronouns
He/Him
redguides.png
August at RedGuides

This August let's all find a new little EverQuest buddy. Tell us...

What's your favorite mercenary/familiar, and how did you find em!?

To enter, just answer the above question, or have an on-topic discussion about mercs or familiars. Example:

Mary: My favorite merc is the Frozen Skeleton, because it's blue and badass. I got it from the quest in PoK, linked above.
Ralph: I wish the skeleton were pink.
Joe: I like toothpaste.
Both Ralph and Mary qualify for an entry, Joe does not.

Prize List:
  • THREE KRONO for one lucky winner (thanks passaway!)
  • TWO KRONO for one lucky winner. (thanks passaway!)
  • One Krono for one lucky winner.
  • Avatar change (from redcent shop)
  • Color username (from redcent shop)
  • 1 Month of Redguides Level 2 access for you or a friend. Enjoy MQ2 compiles, the internet's largest collection of macros, private strategies, and a great community.

Winners will be chosen by in-game /random.

Contest sponsored by passaway's Phinigel & Agnarr Powerleveling. passaway is a small-time reliable powerleveler, and a trusted RG member. If he has an opening, use him!​

Rules:
No purchase necessary. No more entries after August 31st, 11:59 PM PST.
Drawing will be held in-game on the Vox server, by use of /random. Time & location of the /random will be posted after contest ends, you are welcome to attend.
One reply only, please. Multiple replies (and therefore multiple entries) are allowed so long as you are carrying on a normal on-topic conversation.
Shipping of physical items is to USA only, an alternate prize will be selected if we can't get it to you.
Posting with multiple accounts, or screwing with the contest will lead to certain doom.

By the way, check out our FB page:
https://www.facebook.com/RedGuides

Last edited:
Favorite merc is the shissar! I don't know where it comes from a guildie gave it to me a while back. Here's hoping they do a luclin remake.

Favorite familiar gotta be dragorn war mask! Does that count, guess that's more of an illusion benefit.

The new cactus familiar was pretty BA from EoK

My favorite merc is my dwarf tank merc. I named him and he's been with me from the beginning, so I feel fondness when he pops out (much rarer than in the early days).

Rayppipa.jpg

So my favorite Merc isn't just the "Type" of merc. It is specifically my Cleric Froglok Merc named Rayppipa. I call her Raypippapippa. There have been numerous times over the years that Raypippa has come to the rescue. The last moments where I am trying to flop through a zone, but I in desperation I am able to get merc unsummon off and she gives me that quick sweet sweet loving that I need to get through. I can't tell you how many times I have yelled "RAYPIPPA! RAYPIPPAPIPPA.

The name was auto generated, but at some point I accidentally got rid of Rayppippa =/ for a week or so I was just not enjoying the game because Raypippa wasn't there to saveme. I don't even recall the imposter merc's name, but we'll just say it was Super_lame_not-so-Rayppipa. This merc I SWEAR, would just let me die, it would go out of itsway to "Oops, my heal was too late". Fuck you Super_lame_not-so-Rayppipa.

I went back to the froglok merchant and repurchased a merc a few times to find a name that did it for me... but everything was disappointing. I even tried other mercs, ghosts, darkelves (who I use on some of my other toons), High elves... but nothing was Raypippa.

Then someone told me about the Merc name change thing and BOOM! IT'S RAYPIPPAPIPPA Time!!!

Whenever I take a break and come back, I instantly pop my merc and I am warmly embraced by Rayppipa's loving heals. And every time I come back, I run to my wife and tell her all about how Rayppipa is still there waiting for me and she tells me that something must be wrong with me. Worth it.

Rayppipa > all

I went out and purchased the Tumbleweed familiar on all my toons. I seem to recall it having a bonus to dodge or avoidance or something, but now that I think about it, it may not stack with similar worn mods. Nevertheless, I went out and got them on all my toons, so now I have little tumbleweeds following me around... and when I roll around en-mass.... tons of tumbleweeds!

GM toothpaste eater, he who eats toothpaste, licks windows, and generally makes everyone around him appear to have a int +1 billion buff. Wears a three piece suit with a "pants of too tight" permanent spell. A permanent aura of "Stick in the mud" is prevalent. Constantly reminds you to not enjoy the game too much. Keeps foisting hats and ornaments on you /autoinventory till it is full. If you are not in a guild it harps at you till you join the first one that advertises.....geeeez. It will disable the touchpad randomly and toss a bluescreen no less than twice daily.
Can not be traded, dropped, given away, bribed, lost or anything else. It digtally duplcates itself across all your accounts like that sunglass weraing douche on The Matrix.
If you try to go to the bathroom or get a drink it beeps/flashes the EULA on your screen and freezes all toons till you pass a 100 question EULA test.
Oh yeah and MOST iritating it only speaks in acronyms. Or as it would say IOSIAs.

As usual,
Playbetter

I like my OOW familiars. Probably my Ikaav healer the most. Because... bewbs.. ) The contract was in ym claim window. I forget how I earned that. I remember my first clickie pet/familiar was that little hound thing from TSS frozen zone.

Really wish they would do a Cyclops mercenary just for moloers... He only has to keep his eye on my (and mine alone) health...

I'm missing a merc on Agnar but the playstyle works for me - I've always liked the Ginger Bread Man...

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I'm a huge fan of the Gingerbread man mercenary, I just wish he could wield dual samurai swords and have alternate costumes.

My favorite is the brownie merc, cause I hate models in EQ. They take up to much space and so if I don't have to shrink mercs that's the best option. Brownie merc on all toons!

The cookie guys my fav why because its soooo stupid and out of place lol

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

My favorite is the brownie merc, cause I hate models in EQ. They take up to much space and so if I don't have to shrink mercs that's the best option. Brownie merc on all toons!

How do you get the Brownie mercs? I think you're onto something with not having to shrink the damn merc... I HATE when people leave their huge f'n merc out near the small bank and the merchants when I'm trying to click through them to actually do shit.

How do you get the Brownie mercs? I think you're onto something with not having to shrink the damn merc... I HATE when people leave their huge f'n merc out near the small bank and the merchants when I'm trying to click through them to actually do shit.

There's a merc liason in PoK, think name is Rhenwan (sp?). Also, more important than buying small sized mercs that take up less pixels, I strongly suggest using stick figures for all models in game. This will greatly improve performance especially when there are alot of people in the zone, i.e. PoK lag pile. You will see performance in zone times, memory usage as well as fps, so you can load a few more accounts in that you might not have been able to if you are capping out at your memory usage.

I always enjoyed the Dragorn mercs - throw back to omens of war which was one of my favorite expansions -

I also think that the CoTF dark elf mercenaries look pretty sweet with those special ornaments

There's a merc liason in PoK, think name is Rhenwan (sp?). Also, more important than buying small sized mercs that take up less pixels, I strongly suggest using stick figures for all models in game. This will greatly improve performance especially when there are alot of people in the zone, i.e. PoK lag pile. You will see performance in zone times, memory usage as well as fps, so you can load a few more accounts in that you might not have been able to if you are capping out at your memory usage.

I'm not hardcore enough to have to go to stick figures. I really like playing the game with the actual character models. So far my comp is running all my accounts at once (15-ish) without issues.

With that said, I will definitely go swap my mercs out for the brownies. Save me from having to shrink them on the rare occasion I use a merc instead of a real cleric.

I don't like mercs, they're useless compared to a decent real toon! So my favourite merc is NONE!

With that said, I like the wood elf beastlord treant pet so much that I had to buy one of those illusions for my ranger. Neither a familiar nor a merc, but..

My favorite merc is the gargoyle caster glowies for weps !! get it from trading card game!!
My favorite fermiliar is naggy gives hp (cause we need hp lol ) also from trading card game . u don't like it my dragon will beat up your dragon get got !!

Last edited:
Contest August '17 Contest: Tell us about your favorite merc/familiar
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back