• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - 580 ti or 750 ti thoughts ??? (1 Viewer)

RedCents
151¢
The 580ti is almost better than even a 950. Normally with GeForce cards your x80 class card is better than a x50 for a few generations. For example my GTX 770 is better than a 1050.

aspire2008

RedCents
2,825¢
I know Nvidia did it for their mobile gfx updates but not sure on desktop gpus. They marketed the same chip with a slightly faster frequency every year on mobile for several years. If you didn't have any knowledge of this you'd end up buying a crappy laptop for much more, when you could have had the same laptop with a lower numbered gpu that had the same performance. This was due to OEM's requiring that gpu manufacturer's come out with new chips every year or some crap like that. So all the did was rebrand the previous year's chip with a new number basically.

But I bet the 580ti outperforms my 680 even! If EQ is all you play, 580ti should be a monster as long as your resolution is not above 1080p (not sure how much vram 580ti has). When you start gaming at higher resolutions you need more VRAM, even then I'm not sure EQ is that much of a performance drainer on the gpu, probably more so on the cpu then gpu since its such a legacy game.

As far as naming x50 = low end performance/price, HTPC type card.

x60 = low to middle range performance/price

x70 = top of the middle performance card

x80 = high end performance

TI = 2 of the same gpus on one pcb (so you don't have to go SLI or buy 2 of the same cards).

After x80 is just enthusiast bullshit like Titan. Waste of money imo.

Razkle

Single-handedly keeping Daybreak in business
Creator
RedCents
2,963¢
and it works with 230watt power supplies with zero issues! It just works, I have prolly 7 of them running 24/7 I also have a 650ti and a 750ti and a couple 7770 but by far I love the 550 ti best!

Question - 580 ti or 750 ti thoughts ???

Users who are viewing this thread