• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Trying to find my mq2melle.ini file (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
RedCents
1,858¢
Hi,
I have been using VeryVanilla now for a couple of weeks and have it up and running well enough to box my little group of 5 alts. Currently, my warrior and monk seem to |mash their default combat skills. They seem to have decided which skills to use on their own. I have tried changing the skills on the in game Hotbar and on the Combat Skills tab in game but they still use the skills they defaulted too. I think I need to get to the mp2melle plugin ini. I have searched around the posts and have seen:

Q. Where is my ini file?
A. Your MQ2Melee ini file is located in the root folder of your MQ2 compile. i.e. c:/macroquest2/povar_Bob.ini

I have looked for this on my computer and it is not there. I have tried to download MQ2 (just in case it was not included in VeryVanilla, which I assume it is) but all I got was a folder on my desktop and no subfolder titled mq2melle anyway. I have also tried to to load the mq2melle plugin while in game and gotten the error: plugin mq2melle could not be loaded Kissassist.mac@5315 (canidostuff): /delay 2 Kissassist.mac@940 (main): /call canidostuff
So I have searched through the various posts and manuals and they all seem to give directions once I get into the mq2melle.ini file but can find no directions on how to create one if it is not where it is supposed to be. I even downloaded Virtual Studio and tried opening the MQ2Melee.dll just to see if anything there made sense. It did not. I very cautiously closed it and moved on. I am sure there is something very simple I am over looking. Again, everything works well enough to play but I would like to learn more and get deeper into the program if I can but seem to be stuck at this point. If anyone can point me in the correct direction it would be appreciated. I will be out of town for 2 weeks but will check back then and see if there are any helpful options to pursue. Thanks in advance, AnotherJohn

there is no folder titled mq2melee, the ini file is in your macroquest folder. and is of the format servername_charactername.ini and when you open it in notepad looks like
Rich (BB code):
[MQ2Rez]
Soundfile=C:\Users\Maincompi5\Desktop\MQ2\Release\mq2rez.wav
Accept=1

however it will have no mq2melee details in it until you have run mqmelee on your toon,

so load macroquest login your toon, type
Rich (BB code):
 /melee
, then let it run, then type
Rich (BB code):
/melee save
then type
Rich (BB code):
/melee reload
if you open your macroquest folder you will find the file servername_charactername.ini now looks like
Rich (BB code):
[MQ2Rez]
Soundfile=C:\Users\Maincompi5\Desktop\MQ2\Release\mq2rez.wav
Accept=1

[MQ2Melee]
plugin=1
petassist=1
infuriate=0
enrage=0
melee=0
facing=1

Hi scotsbiker,

Thanks for the info. Found the first folder and it looks exactly right. However, the second box instructions are where the problems begin. When I type in /melle into the ingame MQ2 window I get the error: DoCommand - Couldn't parse '/melle' Not sure why my program is not acting the way it should. Anyone have any ideas as to why I am unable to get /melle to work? "Never give up, never surrender" Thanks for any ideas you might have for me to try, AnotherJohn

Hi scotsbiker,

Thanks for the info. Found the first folder and it looks exactly right. However, the second box instructions are where the problems begin. When I type in /melle into the ingame MQ2 window I get the error: DoCommand - Couldn't parse '/melle' Not sure why my program is not acting the way it should. Anyone have any ideas as to why I am unable to get /melle to work? "Never give up, never surrender" Thanks for any ideas you might have for me to try, AnotherJohn

do as Tar suggests and it should work ok.

Thanks Tar and scotsbiker (again),

I tried typing in /plugin mq2melle into the ingame macroquest window both before /mac kissassist and after /mac kissassist. Before, I get the error message: Plugin 'mq2melle' could not be loaded. , and after, I get the error message: Plugin 'mq2melle' could not be loaded. Followed by: Kissassist.mac@5315 (canidostuff): /delay 2 Kissassist.mac@940 (main): /call canidostuff
Not sure why none of the normal commands seem to work for me. Is it possible something in my program is corrupted and I should erase it all and reload from scratch? Like I said before my toons respond the way they should with the information I am able to enter in VeryVanilla I just can't seem to get into the mq2melle area to fine tune a few things. Any other ideas on what to try or areas to check? This is really puzzling and I would really like to solve it. Not only to learn more but also because I have spent so much time trying to fix it. So any other avenues that anyone can think of to pursue let me know and I will gladly give them a try. Thanks all, AnotherJohn

Thank you Eltai86,

I am such an idiot. I have been spelling melee wrong this whole time. So I type in /melee and guess what it works. I am so sorry to waste everyone's time on something stupid I did. But I do thank everyone for their help. I need to go dig a hole and jump in it now and hide....

Question - Trying to find my mq2melle.ini file
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back