• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • There was a hotfixtoday. DO NOT PATCH EQ or you'll have to wait for the next MQ update (no ETA). You can play without the patch by using patchme or autologin (preferred). If you've already patched EQ you're out of luck, unless you find someone to share the older eqgame.exe (don't ask here).

Question - Plat sellers (1 Viewer)

There are also higher level raid loot (loot rights too) sellers.

Then there are Chase drop sellers. Doing so extensively in the newest zones incurs a risk of suspension/ban but for many the reward is worth it.

The highest plat income is probably those in charge of selling raid drops.

How it works: give rotting raid drops to a mule -> transfer to FV -> profit !

EDIT: forgot another method of making massive amounts of plat, bazaar arbitrage (ie buy low / sell high).

I remember going through my buy / sell logs for 2007 and it was something like 120mil sold / 70mil bought, that was when 50mil plat was a decent amount of change :)

You can still do it today but it is a big time commitment to keep up with the market. Like I am sure someone made a TON of plat from Darkened armor.

Just like in the really real world there are a number of ways to make plat, you can barter/auction you can kill, you can farm what people want, you can do so many things. Just make sure you are having fun while doing it or don't do it!

The EoK purity augs were huge profits until people realized they were gonna be way more common than the purity augs from TDS. Same with the merc equipment. Key is finding something other people want. A guy on my server was selling loot rights to the big charm aug from the anniversary events.

You'd have to run ALOT of farm bots (>25) to even come close to what you can make of manipulating the bazaar in EQ. You don't have to farm anything outside bazaar if you know what you are doing.

Question - Plat sellers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back