• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Question before I buy (1 Viewer)

probotter

RedCents
I want to get this macroquest or kissassist which ever its called but I wanna know can I set it up to run a set path? say I want it to run all over East commons and kill nothing but bears can this program do this?

Macroquest can literally do anything. I have coded macros that have done this in the past, but for a newbie that is probably out of your reach. KissAssist is more of an AFK killing script (we call them macros) that run in macroquest 2. It is mainly geared for holding down a specific camp and not roaming an entire zone.

Please note: These programs DO NOT work on progression servers Phingel or Agnarr!

Also, I would caution your against AFK killing an entire zone. This will draw a lot of attention and you would be banned for it if caught.

Disclaimer: First of all, MacroQuest2 is completely FREE since it's open source, you don't need to pay a dime for it, RG even have links to the source and I am only a regular member here because I like to stay in touch with macroquest users where they hang.

Having said that, RG has a active community and they do provide the kissassist macro as well as support for it, and that's something you are able to pay for obviously, but they don't sell access to MQ or any of it's core plugins itself.

Now, having clarified that, Macroquest can't magically play eq for you (although people on the official forums sure like to claim that a lot) and I wouldn't really advertise kiss as an "afk" macro either, sure, it CAN be used as that with some configuring, but PLENTY of people use it like I do:

My main is a sk, I have an enchanter, cleric, berserker and 2 wizards that follow me around, healing, mezzing and assisting me in whatever situation I find myself.

Basically I play eq the fun way.
Doing all group content, progression etc. I never alt tab, I am rarely bothered by the other 5 chars, they do their job well, and I get to play my sk.

When it comes to navigating across a zone I have locations saved for the places I go, if I'm in Scoorched Woods for example and want the group to go to FM, I have a hotkey I click which is basically just /bcga //nav locyxz 123 456 789 (typing on iphone dont have the actual loc here but u get the point) and they all run and zone into FM while I eat a sandwich... It's a different way to experience EQ for sure. I enjoy the content, not running through a forest for 10 minutes trying to avoid trees etc manually...

My advice: start out slow, 1 character, setup his ini file for him, create a couple hotkeys to pause an unpause the macro /mqp on and /mqp off so you can start and stop it while you pull a mob and then let kiss fight it for you...

Or try out mq2advpath to record a path you want to run.

Mq2 will change the way you play eq... For the better... There will be no going back once you start... For sure.

And uhm, no, mq does not work on agnarr since it's a truebox server. Using mq2 on a truebox server would completely negate the whole purpose of such a server.

MQ2, when used responsibly while attending, is allowed on all the other servers, and you will NOT be banned by Daybreak for using it under those premises. (We like to keep it this way and I think it's a good compromise)

Last edited:
Wait what?? Macroquest does not work on Agnarr why not?

Its expressly banned and packets are being sniffed too see if macroquest2.exe is injecting dll's into eqgame. So even if you are able to find a modified version of macroquest2, you will probably be banned extremely fast.

That said here is the why:
Daybreak talked to macroquest's lead dev (eqmule - he is very active in the community as you can see) and they struck an understanding. It might not be in writing but for the most part, Daybreak leaves us alone as long as we leave those servers alone. So if you want to use macroquest, pick Ragefire or a different box/mq2 friendly server. This way there is less regular players getting all pissed off at the mq2 community. Now that said, afk killing is probably one of the biggest problems, and I don't condone it since I think it is causing a lot of harm to EQ community as a whole.

As you can see eqmule and most of the mq2 community use it like he does. A way to play the game, box, and enjoy ourselves without the hassle of alt-tabbing and all that other non-sense. For the most part, it all works out wonderful.

I see botters and boxers on Agnarr all the time so it seems someone's cashing in on the so called "true box server" people running on multi computers and VM's saw a guy two days ago in OOT at the seafury cyclops running 6 toons I watched him for about 30 minutes and he ran a set path killed then sat and repeated he was in there for a day and half non stop.

I can't stop people from using recordable keys on keyboards etc. if you see botting on agnarr it's unlikely to be mq2. (Not impossible, cause nothing is, but it's unlikely)

Last edited:
It is possible that some people have working MQ2 where they had an older version and knew how to update all of the offsets then compile it and make it work no one is actually releasing a working copy for agnarr. You have to be careful about doing what some people do on agnaar because if someone watches you and reports you the gm's actually will suspend/ban. I don't think most of the people you see out there are doing it and very few people would know how to make it all work and then I dont think it would work with a bunch of the plugins that get updated.

Now with that said, I suggest no automation but use MYseq . It's a program that shows you where spawns are on the map but its not in game its an application outside of the game. Here's a post eqmuel made about it in the public section of the forums. Just this alone can give you a pretty big advantage over the average user on Agnaar.

Also if you've never played normal EQ with macroquest2 yet, I suggest you give it a try a normal sever with MQ2. MQ2melee and KISS can help get rid of the ridiculous button mashing that is level 105 and help automate some stuff to improve your quality of life in the game and for me it's made the game so much more enjoyable.

I'm torn on how I feel about this. On one hand, I hate seeing any part of an otherwise open source project (MQ2) become closed source (MQ2Ic). Rather than stopping MQ2 use all together, it's pushing it underground so that some people are able to take advantage of it while others are not. At the same time though, Eqmule puts his personal time in to keep MQ2 up and running for the rest of us, so I can't really complain that this is the direction he took it. The box armies of MQ2 or key-clone controlled wizards/mages/whatnot is not at all missed on Agnarr either though, I must say.

I have had conversations with several 6 boxers on Phinny/Agnarr and the majority have six separate PCs/Laptops and use programmable gaming keypads (i.e. http://a.co/hdQxkH3) or even just regular numpads. You can actually do a fair amount of basic automation with just keybinds and the in game macro system. If you add in a programmable keyboard and mouse, you can pull off just about anything.

I have had conversations with several 6 boxers on Phinny/Agnarr and the majority have six separate PCs/Laptops and use programmable gaming keypads (i.e. http://a.co/hdQxkH3) or even just regular numpads. You can actually do a fair amount of basic automation with just keybinds and the in game macro system. If you add in a programmable keyboard and mouse, you can pull off just about anything.

Personally I like the nostromo game pads

Question - Question before I buy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back