• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - My turn to ask a question. (1 Viewer)

ctaylor22

RedCents
24,986¢
I am looking for a way to control Z-Axis movement in the water. I have tried the normal Move Down control key, but that only works when you have levitation on. When leved in the water you have a tendency to slowly float to the surface.

Is there a way to control Downward movement without having Levitation on while in the water?

You asking about manual movement or via mq2 commands?

There's a unique mq2moveutils way to specify exact locations, which included a z-axis. I'd have to look at the plugin for the exact syntax, but it's floating around in some of the threads talking about how shitty movement through water is.

I know how to use the moveto commands to move to a location using z, but I have not figured out how if your directly above your x,y location and all you want to do is move down. Like you can do when you have levitate on and want to float straight down.

I have tried the standard EQ defined movement keys. Move Down only works if you have levitate on. When in the water I would of thought Move Down would of had the same action, but it doesn't..

in water your facing determine if you go up and down dont it?

is why the uw on stick faces you in the direction your moving.

its like flying a plane.

but yeah it be neat to have other means of control, like move up and down. without moving forward.

hmm i wonder, cause i had a friend that couldnt do anything in water either, if there is some in game options, like mouselook or mouselock or something that prevents you from diving in water?

You are correct in this, but when macroing there are a couple workarounds that do work in water.

First develop a loop for it and put this in while loc > 10
Rich (BB code):
/face loc y x z
/moveto loc y x z
/delay 5

Second Way - Use MQ2Advpath with a predetermined path

You are correct in this, but when macroing there are a couple workarounds that do work in water.

First develop a loop for it and put this in while loc > 10
Rich (BB code):
/face loc y x z
/moveto loc y x z
/delay 5

Second Way - Use MQ2Advpath with a predetermined path

Yea I know about AdvPath working, but not really needing this for my puller, but more for my Tank. he has the most tendency to move up when fighting mobs. I am trying to find a way for those hanging around camp to move back down to their proper depth.. I will check and see if the code example you gave above can be incorporated easily. I had something similar in the works.

May only need to do the /moveto loc y x z at the beginning and put the /face loc y x z in the loop.

FYI...

/Face x,y,z does not work if z is negative. /face -821,782,-102 and /face -821,782,102 face to the same Direction. Does not work in the water when the z axis is always above you. Not sure what the issue, but in the water using /face x,y,z always faces up.

Maybe something for the powers that be to look into..

If I target a mob below me and do /face it will face in the correct direction, but if I do a /face loc ${Target.Y},${Target.X},${Target.Z} it will face in the direction of the target, looking straight up..

Last edited:
Question - My turn to ask a question.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back