• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Regarding P99 EQemu accounts, buying/selling - not having email vs having SMS lock on (1 Viewer)

archaeic

RedCents
I am in the process of purchasing an account, and since I only have one phone # I can't test it with this. The seller is straight forward, I played with him some on emu. He quit for another EQ server I think one of the new progression servers. I do trust him, he let me check everything out before payment(in the process of securing that now before I take over full account control) but one problem i have ran into in the last few weeks upon looking for 1 account to buy, many people have either registered the account with a email they cannot part with, or it has been tied to their SMS phone link. This account in question is linked to his main email that he uses for work/daily stuff, but SMS is not attached. I tried reading and looking through everything to best my knowledge but wanted to ask plain and simple just because you never know if someone will get the itch to come back even though I believe him.

Once I own the account, If I attach the SMS to the account but he still has the email to the emu and gives me the login info can he still reclaim any account in the future? or can he simply only change the eqemu account password over and over(from what i understand, it would be a back and forth battle just over the eqemu account, having SMS attached gives you access to also reset the eqemu password. and login server account passwords cannot be changed without the SMS) therefor If for some reason something did go bad in the future, I could still keep my own account passwords and they would be unable to be changed by someone with the email BECAUSE I have the SMS? Can anyone verify this, or shed some more light on it?

Here are some pictures from the eqemu site, when you go to change a login server account(unattached to sms, just a random account to test)

CFlYalD.jpg

and if you click reset password:

bnY1A5E.jpg

and finally:

sYo0Dvp.jpg

There is no way to currently change email accounts on EQemulator so that is still out of the question. Basically, I fully understand wanting to get away from a game but some time later there's always the chance you are itching to come back. From what I can tell, as long as I link SMS no account can ever be taken back by anyone who owns the SMS. But if the email is still owned by another person, is it like I seem to think it is and you would simply both be resetting eqemu password over and over(if one person owns the email, it can be sent there for a reset. and the other owns the SMS, it could be sent there. or would SMS supersede it all and there would no longer be a use for the email?

Once I have access to the emu, and I change the account password once to nothing but I know. The only way to retrieve it by resetting is by SMS if linked? I want to know if anyone else has ran into this, or can tell me by checking it out with a SMS linked account. It boggles me because if you fail to login, and you want to reset the eqemu password(not anything loginserver related just the eqemu) it asks for your email and a way to prove your not a bot.

This may have gone in a few circles already trying to get my question across properly. It may appear that in fact the person who owns the email can reset it entirely, locking out anyone with the previous info but that they would be unable to change the loginserver account passwords(#1 it would require knowing the existing account password for that login, #2 due to this requiring SMS auth once linked) so if for some reason you ever had the eqemu login changed on you, you would NOT ever able to be able to change your loginserver account passwords again unless you got in contact with the original email owner.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't suppose anyone knows the answer to this then? I know of no other way to figure this out.

Question - Regarding P99 EQemu accounts, buying/selling - not having email vs having SMS lock on

Users who are viewing this thread

Back