• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Tech - Etherium (1 Viewer)

rhiza

RedCents
342¢
as with anything crypto, collect information and make a decision for yourself. never do something because someone else tells you to.

boohm10

RedCents
I'm surviving off of neo/ans. Look into them, China govt backed, i think it will be the new eth soon. I think hardware mining will slowly die too much energy, but then again its pretty safe being like that. Pos staking or the dbft is the future Imho.

Also marginal trading is dumb unless you want liquidated....again....remember the great flash crash of eth lol! /CRY

Also I would recommend going asec and buying btc miners...stay away from gpu and leave them to the gamers ;(

Razkle

Single-handedly keeping Daybreak in business
Creator
RedCents
2,963¢
I have a few hundred in the top 3 and got in at a good time, up 80%.... Bitcoin, Etherium and Litecoin... putting it in as a savings account, like it does not exist anymore....

nyghteyes

What is a macro??
RedCents
1,437¢
I ended up getting into mining about 2 months ago. Producing about 3 to 3.5 Ether a month. We plan on keeping them (ether) for a very long time (years) before considering selling. Should be able to mine with my equipment until about the end of 2019 before the DAG gets to big. There will be many more price bubbles, just ride it out.

RedCents
8,490¢
I ended up getting into mining about 2 months ago. Producing about 3 to 3.5 Ether a month. We plan on keeping them (ether) for a very long time (years) before considering selling. Should be able to mine with my equipment until about the end of 2019 before the DAG gets too big. There will be many more price bubbles, just ride it out.

The Difficulty is rising drastically, and I'd be surprised if you are able to keep mining through the end of the year. I got out and sold off all my mining equipment. When the next major update hits for ethereum, mining rewards will be cut in half, and the update after that it will be removed altogether.

The good news is for gamers, GPU stock should be returning to normal in the next couple months.

RedCents
8,490¢
I'm surviving off of neo/ans. Look into them, China govt backed, i think it will be the new eth soon. I think hardware mining will slowly die too much energy, but then again its pretty safe being like that. Pos staking or the dbft is the future Imho.

Also marginal trading is dumb unless you want liquidated....again....remember the great flash crash of eth lol! /CRY

Also I would recommend going asec and buying btc miners...stay away from gpu and leave them to the gamers ;(

I really hope PoStake takes over, but so far Decred and a couple others using it have just seen the currency devalued by its implementation. So not a good sign, but hopefully it turns around.

Dretski

RedCents
1,175¢
So, I just noticed. I was running my mining rig on Windows Remote Desktop and I couldn't figure out why one card was constantly doing 3-5% less than the other one suddenly, which they weren't before (when I had an actual monitor plugged in). I just changed my remote software to VNC, and the loss went down to 1% instead. Do NOT use remote desktop software at all while you are mining if you're looking to max profitability, and do certainly not use the one built into Windows!

Now, I need to figure out how to remote connect to the built in Intel Graphics card instead, which disappeared when I connected the external cards. I'm planning a maintenance session in about 7 days, when my new graphics card comes.

Edit; Which I just fixed by enabling integrated graphics in the BIOS!

Last edited:
RedCents
81¢
If lots of individual miners get out of the game because its not profitable who will continue to mine, especially down the road when there are no more coins to be made? Only fees? The mining has to take place to calculate and process transactions which is what completes the block chain process right?

What's a good way to track purchases for tax purposes on the coins gain/losses? How are y'all tracking it, if you even are?

RedCents
8,490¢
If lots of individual miners get out of the game because its not profitable who will continue to mine, especially down the road when there are no more coins to be made? Only fees? The mining has to take place to calculate and process transactions which is what completes the block chain process right?

What's a good way to track purchases for tax purposes on the coins gain/losses? How are y'all tracking it, if you even are?

For Taxes: http://www.bitcoin.tax

Too many miners = not profitable
Not enough miners = very profitable

You see it never gets to 0 because as people leave the profits rise, as more jump on they drop. Its a self correcting market. Example: Right now its crowded and I can only draw about 1-2 dollars a card per day, back in June... 8-10 dollars per day. At that price EVERYONE jumps on board and starts mining.

Dretski

RedCents
1,175¢
From my limited experience (shit, I'm totally drunk at less than 10 dollars, that's Portugal for ya, thoughts get way out there), the profits are there to make. However, to compensate for a normal job, it takes a lot of investments. American people (and swedish) have a very special way of considering "profitability". To me, profitability is profitability. If I can make a dollar a month from hanging a blue flag outside my bedroom window, I will. To most people it takes too much time and effort -to be worth the money- that they will tell you it's not proftable (profitable is profitable, remember?) to say that it's worth time.

Do it if you can afford it and if you have the time to look after it because it WILL be worth your time. If you don't, it's not.

RedCents
419¢
another option for you guys might be Bitconnect, I'm messing around with it on the lending side, but they offer mining, staking, and lending. so far the lending is doing EXACTLY what they state, and as is shown in numerous youtube vids. I'm not here to sell you on it, but please research it on your own and if you have any questions at all I'll be glad to answer them. If you're interested, i'd surely appreciate you signing up under my referral link, although even that isn't required at all, I'm totally content with the money I'm making so far without a single referral, and will continue on my path regardless. if it continues as it has gone so far i'll be retired in 3 years or so!

Dretski

RedCents
1,175¢
I have my investments in a swedish ETF for tax reasons. I pay 0,25% on my total amount of money quarterly and a 2% annual fee to the ETF firm instead of a capital gains tax of 25% which is way worth it to me.
And I'm investing in the mining business, I'm too lazy to work and the returns are good. I just have to figure out the tax issue on this part yet, around 65% of the profit goes to taxes if I choose to do it as a swedish person, and probably just 20% in Portugal.

Dretski

RedCents
1,175¢
Even when the DAG turns too big, you can easily mine Equihash or Neoscrypt on the same rigs. I just bought a couple GTX 1050 2 GB's and a 1060 3 GB to try out, as I heard they can sometimes reach a better hashrate than the versions with more memory at a better price. The reason for the 1050's is that I have 2 slots in my gaming computer but no extra PCI power cable, and they give a hashrate/watt that's quite decent.

I'm not saying it can't happen, but I think it will take a long time until enough currencies move to PoS for it to not be profitable to mine anything with GPU's. How do you reduce your electricity bill? Buy solar power for the profits, that would be a good investment in most places anyways over time, even if you decide to quit mining.

nyghteyes

What is a macro??
RedCents
1,437¢
Hope everyone here has been having fun in the crypto world. I stuck it out and continued to grow. I don't get much time to game right now as setting aside hours at a time doesn't fit my life,(special needs child) but mining has been good as once a new rig is stress tested and up it requires very little maintenance.

Against suggestions to get out of this late last year, I went the other way and am now at capacity (9000w @ 32 GPU's is all my service can handle). Now needing to determine how big of a building to put up to continue the growth. The security system ect set me back a little ways but worth it imo. I have built 9 rigs and house 4 of them myself.

If you dont mine, you should atleast consider playing around in the exchanges as the adoption rate is climbing at an alarming rate, most exchanges are only letting in so many people per day. If you need a referral to bypass new user registration you are welcome to use mine, message me and I'll happily share it. I dont suggest day trading as it has ruined more people than you can imagine but buy and hold, set up stop limits to ensure you catch that high swing, or pump and dump group so you can scalp it to get the capital back for the next investment.

Heres the baby,
Rack.jpg

PetrolHand

RedCents
50¢
another option for you guys might be Bitconnect, I'm messing around with it on the lending side, but they offer mining, staking, and lending. so far the lending is doing EXACTLY what they state, and as is shown in numerous youtube vids. I'm not here to sell you on it, but please research it on your own and if you have any questions at all I'll be glad to answer them. If you're interested, i'd surely appreciate you signing up under my referral link, although even that isn't required at all, I'm totally content with the money I'm making so far without a single referral, and will continue on my path regardless. if it continues as it has gone so far i'll be retired in 3 years or so!

Bitconnect is a Madoff-style Ponzi scheme and you should stay as far away from it as possible. The SEC is already on to them.

https://twitter.com/fortworth_sec/status/949317164867219457

rhb

RedCents
457¢
Hope everyone here has been having fun in the crypto world. I stuck it out and continued to grow. I don't get much time to game right now as setting aside hours at a time doesn't fit my life,(special needs child) but mining has been good as once a new rig is stress tested and up it requires very little maintenance.

Against suggestions to get out of this late last year, I went the other way and am now at capacity (9000w @ 32 GPU's is all my service can handle). Now needing to determine how big of a building to put up to continue the growth. The security system ect set me back a little ways but worth it imo. I have built 9 rigs and house 4 of them myself.

If you dont mine, you should atleast consider playing around in the exchanges as the adoption rate is climbing at an alarming rate, most exchanges are only letting in so many people per day. If you need a referral to bypass new user registration you are welcome to use mine, message me and I'll happily share it. I dont suggest day trading as it has ruined more people than you can imagine but buy and hold, set up stop limits to ensure you catch that high swing, or pump and dump group so you can scalp it to get the capital back for the next investment.

Heres the baby,
View attachment 13473

What a Beaut! Wtg the setup looks very clean, keep her cool! :cool:

nyghteyes

What is a macro??
RedCents
1,437¢
Yeah currently pumping in 1400CFM constant air exchange through the room. It was a huge relief shutting the AC off for the winter.

I guess I didnt state the exchange the referral is for "Binance.com"

Last edited:
RedCents
419¢
Bitconnect is a Madoff-style Ponzi scheme and you should stay as far away from it as possible. The SEC is already on to them.

https://twitter.com/fortworth_sec/status/949317164867219457
to each their own, i put in $2300 in november, and as of today have made $2100 of it back already from interest alone, not a single referral, or any work done on my part aside from logging in and moving the money around where i see fit. could it disappear tomorrow? sure, anything can. once i cross back over that $2300 mark i cant lose anyway since i'll already have my initial investment back, so from there im just making whatever money i make from them.

theres so much misinformation in the cease and desist letter its laughable, but those that actually do read farther through can clearly see that NOTHING about it is promised or guaranteed, you may make 0% interest every single day, or 2% every single day, or anything in between.. god knows christmas and new years weeks were pretty shitty... but even shitty days have paid better than leaving that money in a savings account (for a month much less a day). i researched it for several months before throwing my money into it. and the funniest part was literally every single person saying its a scam, or a ponzi, has obviously not done their own research at all. they look at it and say oh that cant be right, must be a scam! its the same scam as your 401k, or a cd that you buy into. theyre just paying you better on the money you "loan" them. they get a cut, you get a cut... omg the world is gonna end cause i invested my money somewhere that could make me more money and not the bankers of the usa!!! thats what it REALLY comes down to. would i put my life savings into it? hell no, i wouldnt put it in the hands of all the crooked ass bankers and investors playing the game either. but ill sure as hell take my little chanve with a few thousand and see how it comes out. so far its been excellent and every single thing i've seen from bitconnect says theyre in it for the long haul.

if you want to take a chance with me get in touch or check it out. https://bitconnect.co/?ref=Happypants

if not i totally understand and wish you the absolute best, nothing on the face of this earth is for everyone, the sooner people realize that we're all different and quit trying to tell others what to do(or not do), the sooner we can all just be happy and enjoy our lives

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

PetrolHand

RedCents
50¢
Ignoring the part about it being a scam or not (we're obviously not going to convince each other), if you're only up 100pct in USD since November you are getting smashed by BTC, ETH, cryptocurrency as a whole etc, all up > 100pct!

RedCents
419¢
Ignoring the part about it being a scam or not (we're obviously not going to convince each other), if you're only up 100pct in USD since November you are getting smashed by BTC, ETH, cryptocurrency as a whole etc, all up > 100pct!
absolutely correct, which is an absolutely great arguement for diversification :). being new to crypto i took the safer route (in my opinion), being that even once my loan is over my money comes back to me along with whatever that money made me (wether 0 or 10k or whatever). i do however intend to get into other currencies as well. i've started mining to a small degree, and am currently kind of "practice trading" to see how i will do before sinking some money into that. my end goal is of course retirement before im too old to enjoy it, which appears very possible in crypto currency from numerous different avenues. so i'm doing my best to learn all i can and apply all that knowledge toward my end goal

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

rhb

RedCents
457¢
Yeah this isn't even that drastic. Crypto goes up, crypto goes down. Both happen quickly :toot:

BTC and it's alts have seen 50-85% drops in the past...

Last edited:

mudbug

RedCents
180¢
Ive yet to find what the true intrinsic value of bit coin is. It seems too similar with the tulip bulb rise and crash. If your not familiar with the Tulip Bulb crash, I would highly recommend you research it.

PetrolHand

RedCents
50¢
The intrinsic value is the decentralization of money. Throughout the history of humanity, centralized currencies have fared very, very poorly. The average lifespan of a money is ~27 years. This probably isn't apparent to you if you're from an established Western country that uses the dollar or pound or euro etc. If you're from Venezuela or Zimbabwe you're very aware that human governments are pretty shitty at issuing currencies, they fail way too often. With crypto you have intrinsically deflationary currencies that the government can't fuck you over with by printing a bunch more of.

mudbug

RedCents
180¢
While its a nice idea to help the smaller nations, I have to wonder how does the volatility of cryto-currencies help these nations/countries? In essence they are no better off with their own currency in that regard.

My biggest concern, there is no regulations which leads to manipulation. I will stick with Warrn Buffett on this one.

PetrolHand

RedCents
50¢
In the same breath that he stated crypto will end badly, Warren Buffett admitted he doesn't know anything about bitcoin/crypto. I'm not going to attempt to get you to invest in crypto. In no universe am I qualified to give anybody other than myself investment advice, and even that is pretty questionable! But, I think *everyone* would do well for themselves if they 1) attempt to learn what bitcoin/crypto is (these 2 links--"Explain Bitcoin Like I'm Five" and the bitcoin whitepaper--take a total of around 15 minutes total to read and digest):

https://medium.freecodecamp.org/explain-bitcoin-like-im-five-73b4257ac833

https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf

And 2) buy a small amount of some major crypto and learn how to successfully store/safeguard it. There's a non-zero chance this stuff becomes a massive part of human society in the future. Doesn't take much time or effort at all to put yourself light-years ahead of the general population.

After doing those things you or I or anyone were to decide investing in cryptocurrency is a bad idea, I'd support the decision! At least they'd know more about crypto than Warren Buffett! But I have to urge you to make an *informed* decision by learning a bit about crypto rather than an *ignorant* one.

RedCents
356¢
heat rises. get those puppies closer to the floor. will help with temps, things only cool when the ambient air around is cooler than the air being blown at it. being up that high its stuck in higher temp air.
(used to go to the top of the shop i used to work at to get warm during the cold months, the floor area was ice cold. but up top it was literally 70+ :P

Tech - Etherium

Users who are viewing this thread