• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Tech - Etherium (1 Viewer)

heat rises. get those puppies closer to the floor. will help with temps, things only cool when the ambient air around is cooler than the air being blown at it. being up that high its stuck in higher temp air.
(used to go to the top of the shop i used to work at to get warm during the cold months, the floor area was ice cold. but up top it was literally 70+ :P

The amount of cold air I am moving through a 250sqft space is the same that is used to heat/cool a 2500sq ft house. I agree if the heat were able to actually have enough time to rise to the up they should be all in line. The cold air is being brought in at ceiling level. Being brought in and moved out so quickly it does not have time to transfer heat upwards. None of these cards have seen temps higher than 64C Avg temps are 54-57C

I am putting up a steel building as soon as the ground thaws as we have 24 more cards to put in, this location only needs to suffice for another few months. Anyone else care to show their rigs? I love seeing others.

My first 2 at the top are not the greatest frames as it was scrap material I was able to re-purpose with the only cost being rivets. Now the newest frame at the lower left was so inexpensive ($80) it doesn't pay to make them from scratch like the top 2. The one in the lower right is actually 2 tier and has 12 cards, I would not build one like that again.

This has sure been fun so far, but I really miss EQ.

I am in the process of finishing off my first rig. Been running 1x 1080ti for about a week, 2 more arrived this morning and the last 3 are scheduled to arrive Monday. Will post pics etc when I'm done.

0125180101.jpg

0125180100.jpg

asdf.png

Not the cleanest looking in he world but we're up and running and stable. Might could squeeze another 2-3pct hashrate out if it with a few more tweaks will keep trying. Mining nist5 right now.

Last edited:
Tech - Etherium

Users who are viewing this thread

Back