• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Breather Not Working Consistently (1 Viewer)

RedCents
455¢
Hello all,

I'm having trouble on my rogue getting Breather Rk. II to work consistently. It works occasionally (when End <=24) but I'd like it to fire off every time the conditions are right.

This is what I have in the [Buffs] section of my INI file.

Buffs1=Breather Rk. II|End|24

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance for your help. :)

Also, an observation. I noticed that when my rogue's endurance was at 0 during combat, MQ2 kept trying to cast Barrage over and over. Shouldn't there be something in the software that checks for enough endurance, like:

IF End < RequiredEnd then SKIP​

Seems like it's wasting a lot of cycles trying to do something that can't be done.

Just thought I'd mention it. Thanks again, Sam

Last edited:
RedCents
164¢
You can set a conditional or what I do as I haven't had time to tinker with the new kiss is used a downshit to fire it off. Also remember breather can only be triggered when not in combat. Depending on what is triggering barrage if it's kiss then setup conditions if it's a holy or mq2Melee itself triggering then you need to get your settings set right in mq2Melee.

Razkle

Single-handedly keeping Daybreak in business
Creator
RedCents
2,963¢
um breather is 20 or less? so
Rich (BB code):
Buffs1=Breather Rk. II|End|20

also it is in the BUFF section, so it will have to wait for buffs and rebuffs to be called..... that is why I usually run it in the holies

RedCents
455¢
um breather is 20 or less? so
Rich (BB code):
Buffs1=Breather Rk. II|End|20

also it is in the BUFF section, so it will have to wait for buffs and rebuffs to be called..... that is why I usually run it in the holies

Breather Rk. II can be used when less than 25% endurance, I've seen others set it to 24 and I can manually press it then so I know it works.

Not sure how to set up the holy you're talking about. I tried setting up a regular conditional in the buffs section which I think I got right; at least no syntax error from it.
BuffsCOn=1
Buffs1=Breather Rk. II|End|24
BuffsCond1=${Me.CombatAbilityReady[Breather Rk. II]} && ${Me.PctEndurance} < 25​

It's still not working but I'll continue to mess with it. If you have an example of how you set up your holy that would be a huge help.

Thanks!

Razkle

Single-handedly keeping Daybreak in business
Creator
RedCents
2,963¢
Rich (BB code):
downshit0=/if (!${Melee.Combat} && ${Me.CombatAbilityReady[Breather Rk. III]} && ${Me.PctEndurance}<21) /disc Breather Rk. III

this is what my war uses and it works perfect, but only at 20....

RedCents
455¢
Has been working much better since setting it to Buffs1=Breather Rk. II|End|20. It should have worked at 24 but oh well, better to have it work at 20 than not at all. Thanks!

Also, how do you set up a holy? Any guides out there for that?

Maskoi

old and salty
RedCents
81,336¢
Quickens the rate at which you regain endurance, but only if your reserves are lower than 21 percent of your maximum. Your endurance will be restored most quickly when the ability begins.

It also MAXES OUT AT 21%. It will not raise your endurance any higher than 21%.

For best results set
Rich (BB code):
Buffs1=Breather Rk. II|End|10

kaen01

I am not a complete idiot!..some parts are missing
Creator
RedCents
27,941¢
the rank 2 version, in the aa screen says under 25%

but i noticed alot with mana that it will jump up and down before settling on a value, when regenning, so mq2 thinks it has mana to cast but then it dont, had that happen alot with downs and holies

if you want it to check the buff faster change the rebuff setting value to like 10 or 5, set up a condition that tests of its in relax mode before using it etc.

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/spell.html?spell=43001

Maskoi

old and salty
RedCents
81,336¢
I just saw the rk2 and 3 are higher. I never bother with those but i can see where a higher % would be better.

It would still work the same. Breather can't raise your endurance higher than its stated %. So setting it to 5 or 10 you will eliminate a lot of down time.

Also you can't have like 7th wind line in your ini file either because they ae on the same timer.

Maskoi

old and salty
RedCents
81,336¢
This is redundant.
Rich (BB code):
Buffs1=Breather|End|20
Does exactly the same thing as
Rich (BB code):
BuffsCOn=1
Buffs1=Breather|End|20
BuffsCond1=${Me.CombatAbilityReady[Breather].ID} && ${Me.PctEndurance} < 20

you don't need a condition its built in.
Also if your toon is Free to play Rk2 becomes Rk1 and 24% becomes 21%

Question - Breather Not Working Consistently

Users who are viewing this thread