• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - MQ2 Vanilla max melee range (1 Viewer)

RedCents
589¢
Hello, I run MQ2 vanilla, out of the box, so to speak. OK, I've tweaked a *few* things but mostly MQ2 does everything for me when I use /assist (I love this madly).

However, I don't know how to automate a max melee range request. Obviously just trying to move the toon where I want it does nothing as it snaps back to very close to the mob.

So my question is this: what .ini file do I need to edit so I can have it be max melee? And what would the number be for this?

Right now if I use any hot keys (/stick melee=0 or something like that), it then messes up all future awesome beautiful automation of vanilla assist, meaning now my toon won't position itself where it needs to be on the mob otherwise. It won't even run to the mob on assist.

I am not a programmer so I can really only understand it if it's in an .ini.

thanks for helping this perplexed fan of RG!!

Yea. There is more to max melee range than just the weapon you are using. Finding the sweet spot can be tough when you are in a zone with mobs that have varying hit boxes.. There is a /stick command you can play with in kiss, if that is what you are using. KA does change the distance to stick to a mob in the combat routine, so it doesn't always work as you would think it would. It all has to do with kiss trying to work in every situations, and everyone knows that is almost impossible..

I am unclear exactly what you are asking. However, most plugins and macros use the movement functions in MQ2MoveUtils. The wiki for MQ2moveutil is HERE.
It appears you are using the MQ2Melee plugin to automate combat. The wiki for MQ2Melee is HERE.
To adjust your max melee range you need to edit one or both of the ini files created by plugins.

My personal favorite commend for melee range is /stick loose 90%
/stick without any other parameters causes you to stay with your target at max melee range
/stick 90% causes you to stay with your target at 90% of the max melee range
/stick loose cause your adjustments for your target moving to appear less automated
so
/stick loose 90% maintains a distance of 90% of max melee range and makes adjustments of that range appear less automated.

Question - MQ2 Vanilla max melee range

Users who are viewing this thread

Back