• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Tech - EQ on a tablet? Here's how. (1 Viewer)

teslatrader

RedCents
599¢
We have discussed high-end platforms for massive boxing, but what if you just want to run 1 toon while at work or on vacation? (Or waiting in the car, for that matter.) Today's small tech can kick booty compared to EQs modest requirements. I wouldn't be surprised to find someone playing EQ on a smartphone these days. In any case, I wanted to use my tablet and was pleasantly surprised with the results.

An Intel Atom Z8350 processor with 4GB of ram does work well once you use some EQ performance tweaks. It was laggy in POK until I turned off the advanced models, etc. as shown here: http://everquest.fanra.info/wiki/Graphics_and_performance_settings_guide. I've been doing farming, XP'ing, etc. with no performance issues.

I use the Asus T102 Transformer 10" tablet, which comes with full Windows 10 (Not the tablet version OS). I bought mine last December for $250, but you can find them for $280 even when they're not on sale. I'm sure you can find even cheaper Atom tablets if you don't mind getting a lesser-known brand.

Note that Steam won't even show EQ in your inventory or allow you to install it because it doesn't meet the official minimum hardware requirements. However, simply copy the EQ directory to a thumb drive and then to your tablet. You have to create a shortcut directly to LaunchPad, but after that everything works like normal with MQ2, etc.

Have fun playing EQ on the go...

Cent me if this helps you out in some way.

Last edited:
Yeah I regularly 5 box on my Microsoft Surface Pro 3, which is for work :airquote:

All I ever added was a wireless mouse. Granted, it's not the cheapest of tablets but it's probably around $500 now. I like this cheaper route, would be great if I was buying a tablet solely for throwing in some extra box crews.

The ONLY thing you might ever have to add on top of the out of the box setup to run EQ on any machine built in the last 5 years is RAM. Put 8GB of RAM in there and you're gtg.

Tech - EQ on a tablet? Here's how.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back