• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Problem - chase not wroking in latest version of MQ2? (1 Viewer)

RedCents
50¢
Hello folks just returned last week to Everquest and MQ2. Installed the lastest version of MQ2 and made sure my files are up to version 10.0.3/ I then did the standard /targeting for my group which is of course /bcga //target (warrior) Then of course //bcga //Mac Kissassist. Everything loads no errors and they all run to the warrior since chase assist in everyone elses file is set to 1. Then i find a spot and do /camphere to set them there and that is suppose to shut off chase and make them not follow but they still do. Here is my warrior and one of the other 5 toons INI. They are all the same in the general category. Only one i don't use the INI for is my cleric. Who uses auto cleric. Which in that toons case you have to use /follow to stop autoclerics following of MA.

Magicians INI

[General]
KissAssistVer=10.0.3
Role=Assist
CampRadius=10
CampRadiusExceed=50
ReturnToCamp=0
ChaseAssist=1
ChaseDistance=10
MedOn=1
MedStart=25
MedCombat=0
LootOn=0
RezAcceptOn=1
AcceptInvitesOn=1
GroupWatchOn=1
EQBCOn=1
IRCOn=0
MiscGem=7
HoTTOn=0
CampfireOn=0
CharInfo=Magician|44|GOLD
CastingInterruptOn=0
MiscGemRemem=1
DPSMeter=1
ScatterOn=0
MiscGemLW=0
ConditionsOn=0

Warrior INI

[General]
KissAssistVer=10.0.3
Role=Tank
CampRadius=10
CampRadiusExceed=50
ReturnToCamp=0
ChaseAssist=0
ChaseDistance=10
MedOn=0
MedStart=25
MedCombat=0
LootOn=0
RezAcceptOn=1
AcceptInvitesOn=1
GroupWatchOn=1
CastingInterruptOn=0
EQBCOn=0
IRCOn=0
MiscGem=8
HoTTOn=0
CampfireOn=0
CharInfo=Warrior|44
MiscGemRemem=1
DPSMeter=1
ScatterOn=0
MiscGemLW=0

I did some reserch on the foroms and found this post.

https://www.redguides.com/community/threads/53749-EQBCS-and-chase-off?highlight=chase

I checked ech character and all have the EQBC=1.

and in the [Aliases] section of the MacroQuest.INI i have the following regarding chase

/cha=/channel
/chase=/echo toggle ChaseAssist
/chase=/togglevariable ChaseAssist
/chasedistance=/changevarint General ChaseDistance
/chaseoff=/echo Reset General ChaseAssist 0
/chaseon=/echo Reset General ChaseAssist 1
ConditionsOn=0

Also having the same issues with the Return to camp which i assume its still /camphere to toggle it. Sorry for hte long detailed post but thanks in advance for the help

Are they still acting normal beside the camp/chase?
If not maybe Posse is on and not all toons are added.

Do they respond with the proper echo after toggling?

Did you run the remove_alias.mac before upgrading to kiss10?

1) They were acting fine before kiss 10. I believe my previous verson I was using was i think 9.24. But not exactly sure.
2) No i did not run Remove_alias.mac before upgrading.
3) Don't think i've heard of this Pose and how it works. So i'm going to say it's on and no one is added.

If you could give me the steps for this pose thing to get it fxed i'd appricate it. And also do you know of a way to increase the font size in the MQ2 in game window. A Bit small for my visual taste. Thanks !

Last edited:
Followed the directions in this thread from folks and in the 10.0.3 update thread which are basically

1) Run the remove macro
2) Change version number to 0
3) Run Kiss as normal.

When i do that first time and do a /chase I get the message in the mq2 window that says MQ2 >> Settings (Chaseassist) to On and do a /chase again same thing but to Off of course. Same thigh with the camphere and such. Then when i log out for the ngiht and return the next day and just start up kiss and do the chase commands get things like MQ2 toggle Chaseassist or MQ2 toggle Chaseassist 1. Same thing happens with the camphere and other such macros. It seems every day i have to run the remove Alias macro and then edit the file change the version # to 0 then Rerun kiss 10. That doesn't sound right. If anyone knows what is causing this and how to fix it so i don't have to do this every day i'd appricate it

No, you have another character running something that is redefining the aliases. The aliases are stored in the Macroquest.ini file which is global, so something is being run after you start the one character that is changing the aliases back.

This same thing happens to me when I run an older version of kiss by accident. I have to re-run the Remove_Aliases.mac and reset the MacroVer=0 and run kiss to fix the issue.

Also if you are running an older version of any of noobs auto macros you will basically be doing the same thing as running an older version of kiss..

No, you have another character running something that is redefining the aliases. The aliases are stored in the Macroquest.ini file which is global, so something is being run after you start the one character that is changing the aliases back.

This same thing happens to me when I run an older version of kiss by accident. I have to re-run the Remove_Aliases.mac and reset the MacroVer=0 and run kiss to fix the issue.

I just tested that theroy with his latest version of autocleric 3.3. and his auto macro. I deleted my verson of autocleric which was 3.2. and reinstalled the current aut.mac zip. game closed Mq2 unloaded then did the install and loaded everything back up and i have the issue again. I use no other macros other than the autologin macro and the autotracking macro. So do you have a work around t hat or any other macro's i should look at that might cause the probem. I thank you for your help.

Also if you are running an older version of any of noobs auto macros you will basically be doing the same thing as running an older version of kiss..

But make sure you have the latest version of noob's autosubs.inc that is where he defines the aliases.

Here is the sub from his latest version and the aliases are fine:

Rich (BB code):
Sub AliasSetup
	/squelch /alias /camphere       /togglevariable ReturnToCamp
	/noparse /alias /campoff	    /togglevariable ReturnToCamp 0
	/squelch /alias /campradius     /changevarint General CampRadius
	/squelch /alias /chase          /togglevariable ChaseAssist
	/squelch /alias /chaseoff       /changevarint General ChaseAssist 0        
	/squelch /alias /chaseon        /changevarint General ChaseAssist 1 
	/squelch /alias /meleeon        /togglevariable MeleeOn
	/squelch /alias /meleeoff       /togglevariable MeleeOn 0
	/squelch /alias /mezon          /changevarint Mez MezOn
	/squelch /alias /mezoff         /changevarint Mez MezOn 0
	/squelch /alias /slowon         /togglevariable UseSlow 1
	/squelch /alias /slowoff        /togglevariable UseSlow 0
	/squelch /alias /returntocamp   /togglevariable ReturnToCamp
	/noparse /alias /instantrelease /togglevariable InstantRelease
	/noparse /alias /usefellowship 	/togglevariable UseFellowship
/return

Go edit your Macroquest.ini file and see if your aliases are correct there, if they are not then you have something that is changing them back to the old definitions.

Problem - chase not wroking in latest version of MQ2?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back