• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Tech - Intel X299 prices revealed! (1 Viewer)

x299 is the bullshit... Depending on the MB/CPU combo you might get less PCIE lanes. Intel failed hard for the first time in quite a while. I've jumped off the intel ship and riding high on AMD now.

Very cool - thanks for the info. I wanted to like AMD and gave them too much my money in recent rigs. It's going to have to be some crazy good stuff for me to build and AMD rig after wasting a grand on a 295x2 and hating every minute of it because of driver issues galore. Always software issues! Did they spend more than $5 on driver support developers this year, or is it just new cheap high performance hardware?

Very cool - thanks for the info. I wanted to like AMD and gave them too much my money in recent rigs. It's going to have to be some crazy good stuff for me to build and AMD rig after wasting a grand on a 295x2 and hating every minute of it because of driver issues galore. Always software issues! Did they spend more than $5 on driver support developers this year, or is it just new cheap high performance hardware?

My first build was an AMD build, but I always had software/driver issues, which has been severely lacking for years, not sure how it is presently. Ever since I got frustrated with driver issues with AMD, I've been on the Intel bandwagon. Never had any driver issues with Intel mb/cpu or Nvidia. I've had horrendous issues with AMD gfx in the past as well. And just decided to stick with Intel/Nvidia for the peace of mind even though they are expensive.

Will wait to see how much prices drop before deciding on which way to if I decided to build a new pc in the next year or so.

they have a 16c 32 thread processor coming out, and a 12c 24 thread one as well if i remember right.. from AMD

I'll clarify, their gfx cards are still shit, (unless you like crypto mining), but the new Ryzen CPU line has far exceeded my expectations. I bought Ryzen 1700 right at release and haven't had an issue since. I did patch the bios since a lot of folks were saying the performance increased, but I haven't had any driver issues. I just download what is available for the manufacturer without issue.

I've loaded 24 chars on the 1700x and only used 50% of the CPU. I cant imagine how many groups you could run on threadripper. You would probably run out of Memory on your GPU before your CPU started to become an issue.

I'm sure intels new I9s could run just as many maybe more but at what cost ? If the 16c threadripper is only $850 you could literally build 2 Threadripper systems for the price of one intel system. Maybe more since we all know intel MBs are extremely overpriced let alone the $2000 you will spend on the 18c CPU.

Tech - Intel X299 prices revealed!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back