• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

News - Level 105 Old Sebilis (1 Viewer)

RedCents
141¢
Just a reminder, Hardcore Heritage is set to kickoff this Wednesday (06/07) as per the Event Calendar located on EQResource.com and Fanra's website.

Blackburrow, Cazic-Thule, Unrest and Lower Guk will all be released Wednesday (06/07) as well.

https://events.eqresource.com/

Old Sebilis is the zone I'm more so interested in. I'm very excited to see if the gear is prestige or not and if there are any zone wide rares.
An example of what the gear should look like is listed on EQResource as well;

https://items.eqresource.com/items.php?id=146284

I have a mage and rogue already camped in there for coth, and a wizard bound right outside the entrance.

The gear is not prestige on lucy. (Lucy seemed to have the item tags correct WRG Prestige)

I agree with your excitement on the possibility of ZW Rares

LMAO Same

And I'm not even one of those huge OS dudes who lived for that shit on TLPs. I have no idea what named spawn where... it'll take a minute for me to learn.

I spent days / months down there. That and revamped Cazic Thule was one of the main reasons I got into legit 6boxing pre MQ days.

The darkened fungi tunics look pretty cool. Too bad lvl req is so high

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The turn in visible are tradeable just like previous HH zones. There are plenty of class only pieces, gear is about eok t2. Make sure you have a CC with you...These mobs hit like trucks.

Anyone see a ZW rare from OS on test? I would have thought we'd have seen it posted at some point already.

I expect all the good camps (aka fungi) to be completely camped 24/7 by both real groups and bot groups. I'm just hoping to get a few hours in there at some point to get some items for my casters/healers who are FTP. Even /picks may not be reliable. Best we can hope for is the population in the zone on live will be large enough for multiple picks.

The mobs are tough, this won't be a zone where everyone will be able to prosper unless they come well geared... minimum gear req to properly handle this zone is probably eok t1... if it gets too crowded there will be new picks. I suspect heirophant camp is the one which will be the most contested/reported/argued in ooc etc about. On test the zone is littered with corpses cause people think they can go down there with a merc and molo stuff...

The mobs are tough, this won't be a zone where everyone will be able to prosper unless they come well geared... minimum gear req to properly handle this zone is probably eok t1... if it gets too crowded there will be new picks. I suspect heirophant camp is the one which will be the most contested/reported/argued in ooc etc about. On test the zone is littered with corpses cause people think they can go down there with a merc and molo stuff...

Yea, my SK is running around with over 200k hp buffed now, thanks to T2 EoK group visibles and a good number of ultra-rares. I think I can handle tanking. It'll be interesting to see how the other toons handle it, especially if the named have interesting effects that I'm not expecting.

Agree on the heirophant camp. I think everyone will be looking to score that camp. I'm thinking about skipping work tomorrow morning lol.... just to get in their quickly and get a few PH'ers down. But I hope you're right in that few will brave it.

What even is this HH zones etc?

Cant say i've ever did one!

Hopefully it'll be an opportunity to get some grouping done :)

200kish HP 5400ish AC Warr was able to tank with a Bard CCing in there as long I didn't get more than 4-5 adds on test. A bit rough in there. Also, picks start around 30 peeps in zone. Bring lock picks for heiro camp as always hehe.

OMG Im giggling with visions of when that zone first came out and the humongous trains coming from cr's down in disco, people running them to zone in not knowing any better that zone out isnt there hehe! Not to mention the see invis golems on the way out!

Was hoping everything would just be no-drop and people would just get what they want and go do something else. But if the gear is a tradeable turn-in item, that place is going to be camped by all sorts of farmers. At least pick threshold is low.

I guess we'll find out in a few hours, but just exactly how hard do these mobs hit, don't need numbers but a comparison to lets say Korsha Lab mobs.

Does everything see invis?

Does the visible armor drop of trash?

I just stuck my third mage down there, so I'm set, I think. I also camped a group out in what I assume is a semi-safe spot. I'll find out when I log in if the mob density changed much from the original OS. If so, I may have more issues lol.

Here's the skinny:

- Augs drop from any mob (I've seen 2 of the 3 so far).
- The tradable visible gear turn-ins drop from named mobs (my experience is one visible turn-in item AND the mob's unique item drops every time).
- Picks open at 30 (thanks, William12).
- It's tough to move around if you didn't pre-stage rogues/mages. I haven't run across anything that sees through SOS (including named), but plenty of undead mixed in to the usual live mobs to make traveling slightly more difficult.
- Mobs hit pretty hard and the pathing is TERRIBLE in spots. The king camp/mushroom area seems particularly shitty.

People have been surprisingly civil, I have only come across one obvious afk pick zoner jerk so far and I guess that's to be expected but for the most part it's been nice. The armor drops of nameds only. It is tradeable and will turn into non prestige eok t2 gear.

The zoneout in lower jail is still broken, I was hoping that would be fixed before it went live, so only way out if you either fall into the water or actually go down to like king camp or whatever is gate out...

I haven't tried the zoneout upstairs.

Got my 3 rogues parked in a safespot in case of a perfect storm so I can quickly drop a campfire and get back up.

I gotta say, this is my favorite zone, I spent the last 3 weeks preparing my guys for it, gearing up, getting some hc rogues created, placing coth mages, etc. login profiles, I'm glad I prepared.

If someone is eager to go try this out, it's not too late, just spend a few days gearing up in eok first so you can handle the mobs here. (or buy some of the armor that drops, I'm pretty sure it's going to be sold at reasonable prices soon enough as it's fairly common)

As for rots, people ooc that stuff all the time so it might be worrh it to just sit at zone and grab some nice gear.

Omg I had so much fun. Didn't go to bed until 6am. Had to do an 8am call and then went right back in. Gear for days

On my server I was able to pick hop a few camps. Was late at night with 2 picks. Today there are a couple picks up and it feels icky to do it with that many people around so I've stayed to 1.

Is pick hoping allowed by DBG? There was a guy in herophant and I was in crypts. We were both doing it and talking for a couple hours. It almost felt too powerful.

Last edited:
People have been surprisingly civil, I have only come across one obvious afk pick zoner jerk so far and I guess that's to be expected but for the most part it's been nice. The armor drops of nameds only. It is tradeable and will turn into non prestige eok t2 gear.

The zoneout in lower jail is still broken, I was hoping that would be fixed before it went live, so only way out if you either fall into the water or actually go down to like king camp or whatever is gate out...

I haven't tried the zoneout upstairs.

Got my 3 rogues parked in a safespot in case of a perfect storm so I can quickly drop a campfire and get back up.

I gotta say, this is my favorite zone, I spent the last 3 weeks preparing my guys for it, gearing up, getting some hc rogues created, placing coth mages, etc. login profiles, I'm glad I prepared.

If someone is eager to go try this out, it's not too late, just spend a few days gearing up in eok first so you can handle the mobs here. (or buy some of the armor that drops, I'm pretty sure it's going to be sold at reasonable prices soon enough as it's fairly common)

As for rots, people ooc that stuff all the time so it might be worrh it to just sit at zone and grab some nice gear.

Seems crazy anyone would risk AFKing in there. Was so many people and camp check calls I was hesitant to pee break lol

You only need 1 mage and 1 rogue, and then drag 2 toons in same campfire as rogue to w/e spot you want to go. Having more mages rogues just makes it convenient if you don't know your way around the zone. If you get stuck on lower level you are going to need to make sure rogue is bound outside the zone.

You only need 1 mage and 1 rogue, and then drag 2 toons in same campfire as rogue to w/e spot you want to go. Having more mages rogues just makes it convenient if you don't know your way around the zone. If you get stuck on lower level you are going to need to make sure rogue is bound outside the zone.

I drag a bard / mage with my rogue. Rez the bard twist invis song... Then begin the COH train

Not sure about this yet, but doesn't it seem like the exp is really lousy? I'm comparing to eok zones now and the solb hh as well, it seemed like it was much better, I leveled a few alts while acof hunting last year, now I brought a cleric alt in to have her soak up some aa's and it's slow as heck...

Maybe it's because mobs take a bit longer to kill, but not sure. It seems I've been at it for hours and still only gotten like 40aa's

News - Level 105 Old Sebilis

Users who are viewing this thread

Back