• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

News - Level 105 Old Sebilis (1 Viewer)

Not sure about this yet, but doesn't it seem like the exp is really lousy? I'm comparing to eok zones now and the solb hh as well, it seemed like it was much better, I leveled a few alts while acof hunting last year, now I brought a cleric alt in to have her soak up some aa's and it's slow as heck...

Maybe it's because mobs take a bit longer to kill, but not sure. It seems I've been at it for hours and still only gotten like 40aa's

The xp is shit... it's only like 20% aa a kill vs like 50-70% in EOK

Yeah it's a lot less EXP than EoK, However I'm excited to farm the gear. I've been doing the Hierophant camp since I logged in at 1PM; with some downtime however I've killed at least 20 cycles and just got the Hierophant named, and got Duke named 3x haven't seen any others.

Yeah it's a lot less EXP than EoK, However I'm excited to farm the gear. I've been doing the Hierophant camp since I logged in at 1PM; with some downtime however I've killed at least 20 cycles and just got the Hierophant named, and got Duke named 3x haven't seen any others.

I was having a lot of luck with the King camp (king seemed to spawn at least once an hour). I also moved to the Hieroplant camp and had similar spawn rates, except this time it was spread out around a few named rather than just the one.

And yes, the experience SUCKS. I tossed a lvl 103 mage in the group just to see if I could get him some exp, and his bar was not moving very quickly. Much better exp in TDS for his level and gear.

- - - Updated - - -

Not sure about this yet, but doesn't it seem like the exp is really lousy? I'm comparing to eok zones now and the solb hh as well, it seemed like it was much better, I leveled a few alts while acof hunting last year, now I brought a cleric alt in to have her soak up some aa's and it's slow as heck...

Maybe it's because mobs take a bit longer to kill, but not sure. It seems I've been at it for hours and still only gotten like 40aa's

My experience is the same.

The ratio of named to ph spawns seems to mirror the original Seb zone in my last 48 hours of sleepless grinding in the crypt and other places. King in the old zone you might not see for days so this is surprising;
I was having a lot of luck with the King camp (king seemed to spawn at least once an hour). I also moved to the Hieroplant camp and had similar spawn rates, except this time it was spread out around a few named rather than just the one.
I've been watching the map and havent seen a great named spawn rate at other camps either.

But if you want to gear up any freshies for 105, this is hands down the best place so far. The amount of EoK T2 equivalent gear, whether its weapons, visibles or augments is staggering! Get it while you can!

The ratio of named to ph spawns seems to mirror the original Seb zone in my last 48 hours of sleepless grinding in the crypt and other places. King in the old zone you might not see for days so this is surprising;
I've been watching the map and havent seen a great named spawn rate at other camps either.

But if you want to gear up any freshies for 105, this is hands down the best place so far. The amount of EoK T2 equivalent gear, whether its weapons, visibles or augments is staggering! Get it while you can!

I haven't seen anyone actual link any of the gear from the turn-ins. Is it class-specific or general?

I think Sum1 was just getting real lucky with the spawns. I went to Seb, saw King was already up and no one there, but opted to just /pick to a practically empty version and spawn him there thinking it'd be common. 6 hours later, not once did King spawn. /pick back over to regular Seb and King was still up. Pulled him and had king +6 trash at once. Luckily I roll with a heal team some raids would be jealous of and enough DPS to make quick work of everything.

It seems like the gear is mostly a wash. It looks like a tiny bit better version of eok tier 1 but with less ac in most cases, and lesser sidebar bonuses. It is non prestidge though, so thats a plus. Seeing them do that always makes me happy.

There appear to be a few choice items that are worth it, aka random trash dropping augs that are nice and def prestige, and or the few pieces of gear that offer clickies or are just randomly better.

Looking at this vs eok gear its a tough call. I probably would not bother if I already had t1 eok aside from giving myself something to do + the zone is just strait awesome so....

It seems like the gear is mostly a wash. It looks like a tiny bit better version of eok tier 1 but with less ac in most cases, and lesser sidebar bonuses. It is non prestidge though, so thats a plus. Seeing them do that always makes me happy.

There appear to be a few choice items that are worth it, aka random trash dropping augs that are nice and def prestige, and or the few pieces of gear that offer clickies or are just randomly better.

Looking at this vs eok gear its a tough call. I probably would not bother if I already had t1 eok aside from giving myself something to do + the zone is just strait awesome so....

Best perk is getting toons EoK t1-t2 gear without even having EoK bought on the accounts.

Ive spent about 3 weeks in OS on Test. Exp is horrible, mob HP is up there (I'm guessing EoK level), loot is plentiful.

Some notes:
- Bards can pick all of the doors.
- Toljuampi (sp?) is on a 2.5 hour respawn.
- Selebite Protector does not spawn.
- Class specific stuff I saw: Singing Steel, Jaunced Bone, Myroklar, Cobalt, Donal's, Deepwater, Tolans. Can't recall anything else at this time. Never saw a Cobalt Bracer or Helm.
- If you're hunting for Sebiliisian (tradable/turnin) stick with the Crypt if you can find it open. Only red/yellow "nameds" have dropped the turn in stuff for me. I am pretty sure I've killed in disco1 and pox scarab for a while and while I got nameds I didn't get any of the turn in armor. Crypt will provide you with 5 named spawn chances.
- The zonewide rares drop (at least some of them). I had ODS drop 3x. There are some decent plate/chain wearer non visibles out there as well Belt and Neck specifically.
- No jewelry that I know of drops.
- There are three different types of aug str/sta, agi/dex, int/wis. These drop a lot.

I don't have EoK so I did this all with fully geared TBM (Crypt Hunter's) group with EoK chase loot weapons. My group setup was WAR/CLR/BRD/MAG/WIZ/WIZ and also rotated in my PAL rather than a WIZ when doing undead stuff. It was very manageable in this gear.

Last note, there are so many, the Juggs have a TON of HP. 3+ minute fights. Emp wasn't easy to break (7 mob pull) in TBM gear.

It's been a really great HCH event for me. Hope ya'll enjoy.

Best perk is getting toons EoK t1-t2 gear without even having EoK bought on the accounts.

This year I made sure not to buy expansions for a lot of toons, only bought 12 expansions, well cause, frankly, I was just wasting money. Last year, I bought TBM gift codes at 2 Krono per account for 25ish accounts, the year before that I bought TDS for 9 accounts since I actually had to pay off Daybreak directly, the year before that I bought CotF for 36ish accounts and I played about 6-8 accounts (which was partly the reason why I didn't splurge on buying TDS for that many, and also the fact that expansion content has pretty much sucked as well as lacking over the last few years, wru tradeskills recipes).

I'm going to do the same this Fall on the next expansion, not going to buy more than 6 to12 and go from there, cause I don't end up playing that many or just flaking out of playing after a few months.

I am going to hold off on buying expansion so early too , until its verified that there is some non-Prestige gear like in EoK, if the non-prestige gear is not usable in the current content its meant for then I probably might even stick with just 6 accounts bought this Fall.

This year I made sure not to buy expansions for a lot of toons, only bought 12 expansions, well cause, frankly, I was just wasting money. Last year, I bought TBM gift codes at 2 Krono per account for 25ish accounts, the year before that I bought TDS for 9 accounts since I actually had to pay off Daybreak directly, the year before that I bought CotF for 36ish accounts and I played about 6-8 accounts (which was partly the reason why I didn't splurge on buying TDS for that many, and also the fact that expansion content has pretty much sucked as well as lacking over the last few years, wru tradeskills recipes).

I'm going to do the same this Fall on the next expansion, not going to buy more than 6 to12 and go from there, cause I don't end up playing that many or just flaking out of playing after a few months.

I am going to hold off on buying expansion so early too , until its verified that there is some non-Prestige gear like in EoK, if the non-prestige gear is not usable in the current content its meant for then I probably might even stick with just 6 accounts bought this Fall.

Non prestige EOK Tier 1 is capable of anything in EOK.

Does anyone know if any named drop any certain armor piece often?

I've noticed a lot of wrists from Brogg and Duke named, Hierophant, Baron and Crypt-caretaker (sc?) were dropping Hands and Heads often.

Does anyone know if any named drop any certain armor piece often?

I've noticed a lot of wrists from Brogg and Duke named, Hierophant, Baron and Crypt-caretaker (sc?) were dropping Hands and Heads often.

I think it's random. I've gotten a ton of bracers, and the other visibles seem completely random.

What I did find though was the blue con named did not drop glowing seb stuff...they dropped 2-3 other items each time though.

Didn't even know there are blue con named.... interesting. All the ones I've been schwacking are reds.

Had Brogg and the Froglok Commander last night, Got glowing chest and bracer which on handing in was T2 EoK group similar items

Also the 440hp aug (Darkened trakanon thingy) dropped simply from a trash mob

going back later, nice zone but yeah shame about the XP !

damn.... did not see prestige listed on the EQR links. Maybe I'm just blind to it, or it really is not there.

Thank you for correcting me Sym! To my chagrin.

~TheFiddler~

- - - Updated - - -

I see it says Prestige on the Zam site /sigh

damn.... did not see prestige listed on the EQR links. Maybe I'm just blind to it, or it really is not there.

Thank you for correcting me Sym! To my chagrin.

~TheFiddler~

- - - Updated - - -

I see it says Prestige on the Zam site /sigh

No worries... I found out the hard way because my looter autolooted one of the augs on my free to play toon before I caught it.

eqresource would be alright for looking at loot if they would listen to the people who subbmit stuff to them instead of just ignoreing them, ie thats y i quit sending emails to them listing drops/spawns got ignored for 2 weeks so got fed up with it

News - Level 105 Old Sebilis

Users who are viewing this thread

Back