• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Guide - How to Launch/Login to EQ on multiple accounts with one step. (1 Viewer)

RedCents
60¢
The following guide is designed to teach you how to launch and login to multiple EQ accounts with a single double click of an icon.

It takes a little bit of time to setup, but once done, you'll cherish the ability to login to all your accounts (lauuch your entire bot army) with a single icon.

What you will need:
1) MQ2 (obviously), but more to the point... using the MQ2AutoLogin plugin.
2) WInEQ2 Lite (Light version is FREE and fully functional and is available to use once you create a forum account on the Lavish Website: www.lavishsoft.com/#WinEQ2).
3) A simple free program you can find almost anywhere, to convert windows BATCH files to .exe programs. (I've included a freeware one).

Ok, lets start with installing anf configuring WinEQ2 .....
Once you follow the lavish guide on setting it up.... and creating a profile.... you need to login once manually to EACH of the configured accounts so it creates a eqlsPlayerData.WinEQProfile#.ini file for each configured account in WInEQ2 you have.
This is a one time deal for each account.... and this data is part of the important files that gets backedup via my EQ_Backup.exe utility.

Alright ... so now you have a method to select the game and account you want to launch via WInEQ2.

Now, lets get MQ2AutoLogin to login to the account.. select server.. and select toon.. and enter world !!!!

Follow the guide on this site to setup the plugin ini according to the StationName method required for WinEQ2 usage ( ISBoxer / WinEQ2 Section ) within the MQ2AutoLogin.ini file.

What you are concerned about are the settings to use StationName instead of the session,

Rich (BB code):
[Settings]
KickActiveCharacter=1
UseStationNamesInsteadOfSessions=1

[YourStationName]
Password=ChangeMe
Server=ChangeMe
Character=ChangeMe

This will get you to the point that once you launch an EQ session (via WinEQ2) ,.. you will auto login to the account... select the server... select the character you want to use.. and log in to the world. GREAT.. right?????

Well this is only great if you want to manually launch each account ...... one at a time.... (Blah)

This is all fine and dandy... but now for the final step .... launching ALL the accounts you want to run by calling the Configured instances of WInEQ2 all in one step.

This involves creating windows BATCH file.... for those who don't know how... here is an example of what I use to launch mine (attachment will be included ).
I use a seperate program called countdown to enter a hard coded delay between opening each program / launching each toon.

Rich (BB code):
 Echo OFF
REM Show custom text without linefeed
SET /P "=Counting down: " < NUL

REM This line will start RedGuide MQ2 ...   alter the path to match your install path.
start /d "D:\RedGuides-MQ2" MacroQuest2.exe

REM Countdown 5 seconds to give MQ2 time to fully load.
CountDown 5

REM Launch WinEQ2 now....    remember to alter the path to reflect where you have WInEQ2 installed.
start /d "D:\WinEQ2" WinEQ2.exe

REM Countdown 8 seconds to give WinEQ2 time to fully load.
CountDown 8

REM Now lets call each configured WinEQ2 profile instance we want to lauch.
REM "Profile Name #" represents the WinEQ2 profile NAME you configured for each character profile.

start /d "D:\WinEQ2" WinEQ2.exe /plugin:WinEQ2-EQ.dll "Profile Name 1"

start /d "D:\WinEQ2" WinEQ2.exe /plugin:WinEQ2-EQ.dll "Profile Name 2"

start /d "D:\WinEQ2" WinEQ2.exe /plugin:WinEQ2-EQ.dll "Profile Name 3"

start /d "D:\WinEQ2" WinEQ2.exe /plugin:WinEQ2-EQ.dll "Profile Name 4"

start /d "D:\WinEQ2" WinEQ2.exe /plugin:WinEQ2-EQ.dll "Profile Name 5"

start /d "D:\WinEQ2" WinEQ2.exe /plugin:WinEQ2-EQ.dll "Profile Name 6"

start /d "D:\WinEQ2" WinEQ2.exe /plugin:WinEQ2-EQ.dll "Profile Name 7"

Quotes and spaces need to be exact....

Ok.. so. now.. you have a batch file that will start MQ2.. start WInEQ2 ... Launch all your toons... and have MQ2AutoLogin get them all into world...

NOW... just convert the batch file to a .exe program and launch that in administrator mode.. BOOM.. your done..,,,

I've included the freeware version of Bat_To_Exe_Converter.exe program to help you out making the exe program, as well as the countdown.exe that needs to be included (embedded) in the final exe program when converting the batch to exe.

Hope this helps..... THD

Attachments

• Bat_To_Exe_Converter.exe
    1 MB · Views: 101
  • Launch ALL EQ Toons.zip
    12.3 KB · Views: 110
Last edited:
This is what I did via powershell, when I stopped using InnerSpace/IsXboxer
I've since created my own app that is a combination of launching + mq2autologin... hopefully this time back I get it to a point I can actually release it outside of myself

Rich (BB code):
function Launch-MQ2EQBCS()
{
	param([int] $port)

$path = "C:\MQ2\"
	$arguments = "-p ${port}"

cd $path
	Start-Process -FilePath $path"MQ2EQBCS.exe" -ArgumentList $arguments
}

function Launch-WinEQ()
{
	param([string] $character)
	$path = "C:\Program Files (x86)\WinEQ2\" 
	$arguments = "/plugin:WinEQ2-EQ.dll ${character}"

cd $path
	Start-Process -FilePath $path"WinEQ2.exe" -ArgumentList $arguments
}

function Launch-Everquest()
{
	param([string] $character, [string] $account, [string] $group)
	$path = "C:\Users\Public\Daybreak Game Company\Installed Games\EverQuest\"
	$arguments = "patchme /login:${account}"

cd $path

$process = Start-Process -FilePath $path"eqgame.exe" -ArgumentList $arguments -PassThru
	$process.WaitForInputIdle()
	[Win32Api]::SetWindowText($process.MainWindowHandle, "${group}-${character}")
}

- - - Updated - - -

Usage: (I'd make a group specific function that would call the MQ2EQBCS port I wanted and the 6 characters I needed.)
Right click Run As Administrator on the .ps1 file gets you the same effect.

Rich (BB code):
	Launch-MQ2EQBCS -port 2112

Rich (BB code):
	Launch-Everquest -character "MyToon" -account myaccount -group groupname

I used to have a similar setup to TreeHuginDruids way of logging in multiple chars (with a bat-file) but switched to mq2autologin (Right click -> load all). However with the latter way it takes forever to get from character select. Sometimes minutes (I start load all, take a shower, make coffee and if lucky, toons are logged in when I am back :xd: ). Any way to make this faster? Maybe there is a setting I am missing? With batfile its just the 3 secs delay at char select.

I used to have a similar setup to TreeHuginDruids way of logging in multiple chars (with a bat-file) but switched to mq2autologin (Right click -> load all). However with the latter way it takes forever to get from character select. Sometimes minutes (I start load all, take a shower, make coffee and if lucky, toons are logged in when I am back :xd: ). Any way to make this faster? Maybe there is a setting I am missing? With batfile its just the 3 secs delay at char select.

I have all 6 to 7 toons loaded in world in less than a minute using my method... the EQPlayNice feature literally saves me a ton of time loading and running all the toons on my not so new laptop.

It's the only reason at all i use WinEQ2.

The following guide is designed to teach you how to launch and login to multiple EQ accounts with a single double click of an icon.

It takes a little bit of time to setup, but once done, you'll cherish the ability to login to all your accounts (lauuch your entire bot army) with a single icon.

Tree - I have set up everything like yours. I can't live without the ctrl alt 1/2/3/4 etc for switching, which I do not believe MQ2Autologin has, so this is perfect for me.

I do have a few questions. It seems like when I get to the step where it loads the windows, it does not pause between each, just loads all at once, and while it still logs them all in, it does it out of order. I am assuming the pause would help that.

Where do I embed the countdown in the bat > exe converter? Is it just as simple as the "include" tab, then search for the countdown.exe? When I do that, and go start the program, the below error is what I get. It will run a pause between loading MQ and WinEQ2, but when it gets to loading the windows, the cmd.exe window closes and all the windows pop up at once.

countdown.PNG

Finally, below is my bat file, edited out the names

Rich (BB code):
@Echo OFF
REM Show custom text without linefeed
SET /P "=Counting down: " < NUL

REM This line will start RedGuide MQ2 ...   alter the path to match your install path.
start /d "C:\Users\XXX\Desktop\MQ 10.21.15" MacroQuest2.exe

CountDown 5

REM Launch WinEQ2 now....    remember to alter the path to reflect where you have WInEQ2 installed.
start /d "C:\Program Files (x86)\WinEQ2" WinEQ2.exe

CountDown 8

REM "Profile Name #" represents the WinEQ2 profile NAME you configured for each character profile.

start /d "C:\Program Files (x86)\WinEQ2" WinEQ2.exe /plugin:WinEQ2-EQ.dll "XXX"

Any thoughts on where I'm going wrong? Should there be a "Countdown 8" between each line at the bottom to start the profiles?

Yes.... countdown.exe is embedded in the new exe you make using the batch to exe converter.. under the INCLUDE tab.. you select it to be included in the compiled exe.

2017-06-12_062833.png

Last edited:
I just recently started using mq2autologin for the first time about 4-5 months ago. I'm a bit obstinate on entering my login info manually for each account, so that I mentally remember the login info by typing it out each time, only took me about 12 years to convert over!

I finally submitted, as logging in toons was taking 15-25 minutes of my time!

I'm liking it a lot but the problem I have is when I hit the END key to deactivate the login, sometimes it just doesn't register in time before the toon gets logged in. As sometimes, I don't like to login the same 5-9 accounts in that order, and would like it to stop the process. Wish there was a better solution to end the process of the autologin.

I just recently started using mq2autologin for the first time about 4-5 months ago. I'm a bit obstinate on entering my login info manually for each account, so that I mentally remember the login info by typing it out each time, only took me about 12 years to convert over!

I finally submitted, as logging in toons was taking 15-25 minutes of my time!

I'm liking it a lot but the problem I have is when I hit the END key to deactivate the login, sometimes it just doesn't register in time before the toon gets logged in. As sometimes, I don't like to login the same 5-9 accounts in that order, and would like it to stop the process. Wish there was a better solution to end the process of the autologin.

THere is ...

WinEQ2 ... like i mentioned.... choose what account to login manually if you do not want to launch the same accounts in the same order all the time...

Or.. you can get funky.. and make an interactive batch file that prompts you for what account to login... CHOICE.com works nicely with the batch file for more efficient error level sorting and execution.

I have a personal plugin that creates predefined groups, sets group roles, and once everyone has joined has everyone starts their macro. If your interested I could throw it up after the next patch.

I would LOVE to get my tree sap filled hands on that plugin.... ( evil grin ).

Share the knowledge wealth!.. lol

I have a personal plugin that creates predefined groups, sets group roles, and once everyone has joined has everyone starts their macro. If your interested I could throw it up after the next patch.

Damn... I'd like that, as well.

Install WinEQ2 in the default directory C:\Program Files (x86)\WinEQ2
Copy MQ2 to whatever directory you use C:\macroquest2

Setup your profile names for each character in WinEQ Prefences\Options\Everquest\Profiles and change the name of the profile to match your character's name
Also add your character's name to the Window Title section so the window has your character's names and when you need to switch windows you will know exactly which character you are selecting

Copy the code listed below into a new empty TXT file and rename it EQStart.bat

Modify the batch file with your paths and character names and save it.

Right click on the EQStart.bat file and select Run as Administrator, click YES.

Enter your password for each account.

I modified the original batch because Countdown is not a DOS or powershell function but TIMEOUT.exe is.

Rich (BB code):
 @Echo OFF

echo Starting MQ2
start /d "c:\macroquest2" MacroQuest2.exe

timeout 5 /NOBREAK

echo Starting WinEQ2
start /d "C:\Program Files (x86)\WinEQ2" WinEQ2.exe

timeout 8 /NOBREAK

echo Starting Name1
start /d "C:\Program Files (x86)\WinEQ2" WinEQ2.exe /plugin:WinEQ2-EQ.dll "Name1"
timeout 1 /NOBREAK

echo Starting Name2
start /d "C:\Program Files (x86)\WinEQ2" WinEQ2.exe /plugin:WinEQ2-EQ.dll "Name2"
timeout 1 /NOBREAK

echo Starting Name3
start /d "C:\Program Files (x86)\WinEQ2" WinEQ2.exe /plugin:WinEQ2-EQ.dll "Name3"
timeout 1 /NOBREAK

echo Starting Name4
start /d "C:\Program Files (x86)\WinEQ2" WinEQ2.exe /plugin:WinEQ2-EQ.dll "Name4"
timeout 1 /NOBREAK

echo Starting Name5
start /d "C:\Program Files (x86)\WinEQ2" WinEQ2.exe /plugin:WinEQ2-EQ.dll "Name5"
timeout 1 /NOBREAK

echo Starting Name6
start /d "C:\Program Files (x86)\WinEQ2" WinEQ2.exe /plugin:WinEQ2-EQ.dll "Name6"

This thread is old, but looks to answer my question from yesterday. Anyone know if it still works/the free bat to exe software still exists etc, and/or if there's been something newer that does this? It does appear mqwire of course would do what wineq is for my purposes(having stickfigures and decreased graphics on background chars, and presumably nami g the diff will does can be done somewhere as I know the too names already show up on some, but a custom name idk. I'm also kinda hesitant until after the next patch we see if all the mule stuff gets updated as usual or not, to spend the money just to avoid typing six easy passwords a day.

Mq2eqwire is awesome but I can understand you hesitating in paying over for it at this point as mqnext when it launches produces similar end result apparently.

I just launch my box group right clicking the mq2 icon and using autologin from there.

Don't think wineq will achieve the same results as mq2eqwire, not sure if there's any need for wineq but it can set up loading different ini's but there are other ways to achieve that also like copying your eq folder and setting different's path to the eq folder in autologin for certain accounts. Haven't used wineq in over a decade though so don't take my word as gospel about it.

Guide - How to Launch/Login to EQ on multiple accounts with one step.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back