• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Request - cheapest PC to run 1 instance? (1 Viewer)

janktron

RedCents
751¢
anyone have some links for the cheapest pc they can find that will run 1 instance of EQ? :)

i'm looking to box 3 on phinny or agnarr and need a good enough 3rd box. My wifes 8 year old shitty dell isnt cutting it.

*edit looking for pc, not laptop. absolute must for me to be able to set resolution to 1440p, so will be running headless

EQ is 18 years old. That must be one crappy Dell. LMAO

well, it's one of the ones that you can get in all the cute girly colors......that should let ya know the kinda hardware inside it. lol.

it "runs" EQ. but when i'm connecting to it on RDP and i cant go full screen b/c the resolution it supports is shit, and then add to that the mouselook issues over RDP and its impossible to move :bang::bang:

well, it's one of the ones that you can get in all the cute girly colors......that should let ya know the kinda hardware inside it. lol.

it "runs" EQ. but when i'm connecting to it on RDP and i cant go full screen b/c the resolution it supports is shit, and then add to that the mouselook issues over RDP and its impossible to move :bang::bang:

www.NewEgg.com always has some pretty nice deals. Just find a good system with free shipping and you will pay considerably less for it than going to Best Buy etc.

I bought a Laptop for $200.00 - AMD6 (Quad core), 4 GB Mem, 500 GB HD, Radion HD 4. This system could probably run 2 or 3 instances seen as most of the graphics is handled by the CPU.

That might give you an idea for the specs needed for a desktop.

As for minimum specs, 2GB mem would probably run your windows + 1 instance, but 3 or 4 GB would be better. 32 GB SSD HD might start running out of room so I'd go with a minimum for 64 GB.

There is a laptop on New egg for $115.00 that has AMD CPU, 2GB Mem, 32 GB SSD, Intergrated HD graphics, with Win 10. It is possible this machine could run one instance of EQ. This basically shows you just how little you need to run the game. If you don't install anything but EQ on the system, the 32 GB SSD should be enough - Win 10 (64) takes up about 20 GB. You wouldn't be able to run anything but the OS and EQ though with 2 GB mem.

Request - cheapest PC to run 1 instance?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back