• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - changing your toon's face (1 Viewer)

timmy

RedCents
1,363¢
I bought a mage from Raz (great toon, great purchase, shameless plug) and when I changed his race I lost the ability to change his face. I know this is super stupid, but I can't bring myself to log this mage in with the face he currently has.

I've done some googling and this seems to be a known problem. it may be related to the age of the character created or the account. or, there seems to be some thought that it might be related to old graphics.

anywho, i'm just curious if anyone has had this problem. I've tried a dozen combinations of logging in, doing race illusions, trying to use the face button. trying to the use the /face command.

my next step is to log in with luclin graphics on and change the face 1 step at a time and then log out turn graphics out and hope it sticks. but i'm at work and can't do that right now so I thought i'd ramble on endlessly and see if anyone else has any experience with this.

Sounds like a job for a brown paper bag.

PS - I have nothing constructive to add. Sounds like a terribly bizarre bug. That said if you need to do luclin graphics to face change perhaps that's just how it is nowadays.

I bought a mage from Raz (great toon, great purchase, shameless plug) and when I changed his race I lost the ability to change his face. I know this is super stupid, but I can't bring myself to log this mage in with the face he currently has.

OH MY GAWD! I just laughed so hard I spit coffee everywhere! So funny!

Navigate to this folder :
F:\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\EverQuest\LegendsOfNorrath\data

then delete the Archtype folder and repatch

wts an account with a 105 cle, 105 rob, 105 sk and a 105 mage with a stupid face. I spent an hour trying to match things up with luck in graphics on with no luck. Is this data stored Client or server side. I'm seriously thinking of going to wherever DBG is now with a giant fruit basket and a check for a charity of their choice to fix this. My OCD will not be denied!

Also, I did attempt the deletion of the LoN files even though I assume that was a joke of some sort that I didn't get. I'm desperate!

wts an account with a 105 cle, 105 rob, 105 sk and a 105 mage with a stupid face. I spent an hour trying to match things up with luck in graphics on with no luck. Is this data stored Client or server side. I'm seriously thinking of going to wherever DBG is now with a giant fruit basket and a check for a charity of their choice to fix this. My OCD will not be denied!

Also, I did attempt the deletion of the LoN files even though I assume that was a joke of some sort that I didn't get. I'm desperate!

How often do you actually LOOK at your toon's face?

Also, what's a "rob"? I don't want one of those!

How often do you actually LOOK at your toon's face?

Also, what's a "rob"? I don't want one of those!

My rog will rob you! I look at their faces all the time. I line them up in a row while I'm killing. It satisfies me in some way. Each race/sex character I have has the same face. Human males always get the black hair and stasche. We called that the rapist face on the nameless. Wood elf males always get the blonde hair because they look like eleven surfers. Half elf males get the tiny stasche so they look like a Latin gangster.

I know this must sound nuts but I can't the only crazy person out here can I?

My rog will rob you! I look at their faces all the time. I line them up in a row while I'm killing. It satisfies me in some way. Each race/sex character I have has the same face. Human males always get the black hair and stasche. We called that the rapist face on the nameless. Wood elf males always get the blonde hair because they look like eleven surfers. Half elf males get the tiny stasche so they look like a Latin gangster.

You are.

But you're still welcome here. Crazy people are entertaining! :)

Was no joke , I had issue years ago that when I tried and alter my face it would just vanish before I could hit save , and gave me no options for functionality , it fixed my issue . sorry didn't fix yours , could always pay for a race change to same race to try and fix

...would just vanish before I could hit save , and gave me no options for functionality...

there was / is an issue that the /face window closes randomly. I've read but not tested that it's being driven by people coming into the zone. If the window closing before you can save your changes is driving the issue you might try to find a deserted place and see if the window stays put long enough to work.

if the issue is some other technical glitch, sorry.

You are not the only crazy here. I can NOT play the game if my group does not load (login) in the proper order. If one session (box) crashes or even hiccups to hard I have shut everything down and start over...

You are not the only crazy here. I can NOT play the game if my group does not load (login) in the proper order. If one session (box) crashes or even hiccups to hard I have shut everything down and start over...

ISBoxer will fix that OCD :)

You are not the only crazy here. I can NOT play the game if my group does not load (login) in the proper order. If one session (box) crashes or even hiccups to hard I have shut everything down and start over..

AMEN BROTHER! Ive really got to look into the auto login...

Question - changing your toon's face

Users who are viewing this thread

Back