• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Tech - Extreme Memory Usage Problem (1 Viewer)

RedCents
360¢
Hi everyone, I could seriously use some help here. My in EQ system usage, as per the HUD is Sys Mem: 29,826/32,722 MB (92%) and EQ Mem: 2732/4095 MB (66%). That is with ONE ACCOUNT logged in. My computer did the windows 10 update and too much time passed to do the free reset to my previous windows, and ever since my computer has been screwy. How the heck is it possible to use 92% of 32 gigs of RAM with one account up? I have made all system/EQ settings changes as per Fanra or whatever, and it's still showing this usage.

What's even more strange is that if I go into task manager it shows CPU 4% Memory 8%. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the in game HUD shows the USED % and not the FREE %, right? If that's the case, I have a pretty significant contradiction in information between task manager and EQ HUD data usage indicators.

Can anyone give me some guidance here as to what may be going on and how I can resolve it?

Thanks!

Tech - Extreme Memory Usage Problem

Users who are viewing this thread

Back