• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Link to announcement regarding no MQ2 on Phinigel/Agnarr (1 Viewer)

Ragefiremoney

RedCents
30¢
Hey guys, on the new /r/Agnarr sub-reddit the mod didn't like that I linked to the site saying I had safely bought/sold Krono here with no issue. He wasn't aware of any deal between RG and DBG regarding MQ2 and I couldn't find the announcement on "the deal."

The reason the mod probably didnt like it was because you can get banned from everquest for RMT (real money trading) of kronos, and linking to a site where you can do that is like telling everyone at your work that your bonking the bosses wife even though everyone else is too. It can be a benefit of the job but if you get caught you will get fired!

CMON MAN!

They already know about redguides, straight from remdags mouth

This is what I'm talking about, in specific the deal that removed MQ2 functionality from the true-box servers. And DBG might be completely fucking incompetent but I'm pretty sure that if they had any real interest in wiping RMT other than removing random amounts of kronos from time to time they could take care of a site that's like sixth on the "where to buy everquest kronos" google search. If no one had ever linked to this site there wouldn't be a market for buying and selling. Do you guys run to your bomb shelter for your monthly tornado warning sirens too?

"The deal" isn't official so there's really nothing to link to sadly.

The best metaphor I can think of describing EQ's situation with MQ2 is like marijuana is in america. It's on the verge of being acceptable and most people don't care but some people still get their panties in a knot about it and make a giant fuss and those are the people stopping it from being publically accepted.

The moderator probably removed the link cause of the RMT involvement, not because of the MQ2.

The closest thing you can get to information about "the deal" is the fact that DBG doesn't say NO THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE for live servers here: https://www.everquest.com/news/true-box-progression-server-faq-phinigel

It's essentially them saying MQ2 is allowed without saying MQ2 is allowed.

This has been hashed out in other threads, but I believe you're the only one interpreting the statements in the FAQ that way.

That's honestly the only way to interpret it. If you try and say they're banning for MQ2 (or their stance is that it isn't allowed) then you still need to explain why it doesn't say it's NOT allowed. (Tongue twister cause of all the negatives but yea) -- I have not seen anyone offer a valid explanation of that point therefore the only correct way to read what the FAQ said is how I have read it.

We know they've worked with EQmule to make those True Box servers. We know that they know he uses MQ2. So.... why isn't he banned? When people log in without seeing the "Your integrity has been preserved message" why aren't they banned? Why can people turn off the whole anti-MQ2 detection plugin and not be banned?

Maybe you could say they wouldn't ban EQmule... cause they like him and he helped them or whatever. But that doesn't hold true for what happens when you log in without having the anti-MQ2 detection plugin on. I've done it accidentally before and I am still here which means other people have done it before too accidentally just like me. They're still here. We're all still here too despite it being quite easy for them to take us out if they decided that MQ2 wasn't allowed. After all, we put files into the client folder when we install MQ2. We're all caught red handed already.

Finally, EQmule posts as EQmule on the official EQ forums saying MQ2 is allowed and... isn't banned - isn't suspended from the forums, his post isn't deleted.... nothing.

I'm not trying to be rude or argue, but you'd need to have a solid explanation for all of these points in order for that to mean the opposite of how I read it.

Normally I say I would be happy if you could prove me wrong, but in this case I wouldn't be considering the only way you could prove me wrong is by getting me, you and everyone else here banned from the game for using MQ2. That wouldn't make me very happy at all =P

From RadarX's keyboard:
As we've stated in the past, unattended gameplay using third party software is against the rules. While there is certainly more enforcement on Phinigel no one should mistake this for sanction on all servers. Those caught doing it can be suspended or banned.

A dev would not post without combing over their comments, since they know everyone will. So I think it is important to note he does not mention third party programs being the reason for suspension/ban. Like it has been discussed and analyzed ad nauseam here, unattended play will get you.

Ive had a few gm's pop up and talk to me in eok they never said a word about me botting my 5 other toons so long as I didnt mess with any one else game play, IE some one come up and asks how much longer ill be there.... if ive been there more than 2-3hrs and im not farming a specific drop i usually let that other person have the camp... sorry to say u can look at 99% of people and can tell if there botting or not its just common sense... if you like mq i suggest u play nice with the people who dont use it, as they are the people the gm is gonna side with first due to them not breaking rules.... last note to add is i know mq is a privledge you all should too, we may donate/pay certain people for there work but as far as ive ever seen/read mq2 doesnt pay daybreakgames so id just keep all that in mind when u piss some one off with a camp b/c u feel that u can sit there and bot the camp for 15+hrs.

Question - Link to announcement regarding no MQ2 on Phinigel/Agnarr

Users who are viewing this thread

Back