• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Ton of Krono missing. Should I petition? (1 Viewer)

Skyjet2000

RedCents
555¢
When the Ragefire server first released some 2 years ago, I purchased about 50 Krono from Redguides. I had planned on using these to purchase goods in game that I couldn't get on my own, but got into 12 boxing and ended up able to get anything I wanted for myself without spending Krono. I kept mY Krono stash on a single account, and over time added more to the stash as I sold stuff in game. I've never sold any Krono online for cash, nor have I purchased any outside of the initial 50 I got from RG in the first few months of Ragefire.

I logged in the other day and checked my krono stash, to find everything gone. No one else has access to my krono account, and I have no reason to believe I was hacked. I had a friend who was in a similar situation, and when he petitioned he got the account banned for RMT he said ( don't know if he was an active RMT'er or not), so suggested I not petition it, or risk the account being banned.

So now I'm missing nearly 100 krono. I don't know exactly when they went missing, but some time in the last few months.

Looking for suggestions on what I should do next. Do I just suck it up and eat the L? Or should I inquire via petition.

This reminds me of surfing in the shallows in mexico at the wall over purple sea urchins in about 3 feet of water with no booties....

- - - Updated - - -

I am not sure but I think purchasing kronos from any third party source ie not from DGB store or another player in game is against the law so I probably wouldnt do it if it is on or was, on an account you dont want to lose.

- - - Updated - - -

Forever.....

Aside from the lost Krono, how valuable is that account to you? Would it be worth it to transfer a main toon off of the lost Krono account to a different account in case it does get banned when you inquire? 100 Krono + curiosity of what happened = a lot in my mind!

lets get one thing straight:

not against the law, he could purchase them from the man in the moon if he wanted to.

but that said, it might be against the terms of the game, which is kinda stupid, the krono has come from somewheere, meaning someone put money in at some point.

i would not petition, but i would call them during buisness hours, have your infos ready, as losing atleast 50 kronos your made legit, does correspond to a bit of real world money.

if its because they have a flagging system where they remove them from accounts that have to many, that is kinda a serious issue i would think.

but i would definately call their offices.

Does every krono in game have its own unique item number?

Pretty sure there is a hidden (to the player) value they tag. Similar to a transaction id every time you purchase. Also, there is an escrow, so they are easily able to track if new ones are being added to the total escrow pool from outside their norm (i.e. duping them).

Does every krono in game have its own unique item number?

Yes it does. The number is documented and saved each time you trade a krono too. That's where there's a pause and it gives you "Your tansfer has been successfully completed" message or whatever it says. At least now adays they keep pretty good track of the things

lets get one thing straight:

not against the law, he could purchase them from the man in the moon if he wanted to.

but that said, it might be against the terms of the game, which is kinda stupid, the krono has come from somewheere, meaning someone put money in at some point.

i would not petition, but i would call them during buisness hours, have your infos ready, as losing atleast 50 kronos your made legit, does correspond to a bit of real world money.

if its because they have a flagging system where they remove them from accounts that have to many, that is kinda a serious issue i would think.

but i would definately call their offices.

They dont have phone support anymore. Have to email =(

i called a game that did some silly stuff with money on my card, they dont have phone support either, but i got em to fix it, to me when it about real value, like real money bought items, i demand a voice to talk to, but thats just me maybe.

I can articulate my thoughts more through text. Phone calls don't give me enough time to think about what I want to say and how I want to say it. I'm more of an email guy, I have some clients that hate talking through text and insist on calling though so I know there's people on both sides.

That said though, I remember some people on these forums saying Daybreak just straight up doesn't accept phone support anymore. Razkle I think is someone here who has mentioned it that I remember. I've never called Daybreak before so I don't know how it all works but I am 100% sure people here have and I *think* I remember hearing they got an automated message saying to file a ticket online.

It was during the "chargeback" shit last year if you wanna forum search it

Just to add my .02 to this, a buddy recently sold some krono on here, and accidently sent them to the wrong person while completing the transaction. He petitioned and didn't get them back, but I've know someone else who has got krono back from an incorrect parcel. I think the outcome of your petition can vary greatly depending on the GM that receives it. I'd say put in a petition, because, although this situation isn't exactly like your case... there's some fuckery w/ krono going on, and in neither of these cases did the account in question get banned.

What the hell, no way they can take that from you. Petition right away, and keep sending a ticket until they respond...even if it takes weeks. You could have done a thousand and one things for those krono and they have no way of tracing that. For example you could have PLd 50 newbs for a krono each or one really dumb newb for 50 krono... you could have promised some raid loot, or that you would camp something for days etc.

Get your items back, you earned them.

I agree, I would petition it. These are items that have (at one point) been purchased from DBG, and as yet have not been consumed.. That means they are still valid, and since DBG made them a tradable item, HOW you came to have them is of no consequence..

If they deleted them, you need to find out why.. and if they are deleting items that are the equivalent of purchasing monthly sub, that's highly IMMORAL on their part (hehe, a bit tongue in cheek, but meh)...

A friend had same thing happen. He petitioned and requested their reason. They first said it was suspicious to have so many Kronos and he must be an rmt-er. He responded by asking them to list a single rule he's broken by having many Kronos stored on his account. They had nothing on him and reimbursed him but he stuck to his guns. It's an educated "bluff" on their part with no actual proof

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A friend had same thing happen. He petitioned and requested their reason. They first said it was suspicious to have so many Kronos and he must be an rmt-er. He responded by asking them to list a single rule he's broken by having many Kronos stored on his account. They had nothing on him and reimbursed him but he stuck to his guns. It's an educated "bluff" on their part with no actual proof

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Typical moronic DBGs mentality.

The reality is that people who RMT Kronos get them and sell them. If their account gets banned, they don't have a large stock at risk.

Someone that accumulates Krono is typically not a Krono RMTer. For the most part, people were accumulating Krono from the TLP servers.

However, DBGs has been targeting people with large amounts of Krono - not because they think they are RMTers, but because they don't want large amounts of Krono in circulation. If they can find a reason - any reason to get rid of the krono they will attempt to do it. Traders that buy low and sell high are some of the people with the most risk associated with their accounts - makes no difference if they are doing anything against the rules or not.

I also find it difficult to believe so many people are being targeted and banned, and yet Ourplat is transferring more Krono than most sellers combined and is still using the same character to buy and deliver plat and Krono.

I've heard of people having issues with stacking krono (over 9999) so I doubt they would see 50 and have it raise eyebrows.

Over 9999? That's insane. How is that even possible? lol .. and these are multiple 'people' making close to $100,000 in EQ?! If so, I need to quit my day job and re-prioritize where my time is being invested! haha

its a red flag when one account sends 50 krono to another account at one time. stockpiling on one account isnt wrong or illegal. but when one account is sending kronos to many accounts flag raised as RMT, and if that account that sent you 50 is that kind of an account then may want to be quite.

there is nothing wronig with PLn for krono, but then kronos are coming from different accounts. same with selling gear for krono. The only bulk purchase of krono that will be over looked is being in barter mode, anyway else is flagged.

I do know DBG has been cracking down very hard on RMT transactions to the point of banning any account associated with the primary seller. So, if kronos were involved w/ said seller, then that might be a cause for them to do that. Just a thought. I still will petition and find out what it going on. You cannot be blame for possible "tainted" krono considering krono is barter daily on the servers.

Good luck.

I didn't see/know this guy directly, but someone I've been hunting with for almost a decade said it was something with one of the TLP servers letting Xfer's come in from Zek? That would be quite the score.

Question - Ton of Krono missing. Should I petition?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back