• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Reset Device failed () crash (1 Viewer)

aspire2008

RedCents
2,825¢
Has anyone figured out how to avoid this when you load up another game with EQ1 accounts running in the background, particularly one that doesn't use directx9.0 All my EQ1 accounts crash with this problem when I load up lets say EQII (which I think is actually a dx9 game) as an example. Although it happens with DOTA2, Skyrim, Witcher, etc a lot, too. Quite annoying.

Been happening for over 14 years, would love to know of a work around for this thats easy other than loading EQ1 after the other game as a work around.

I don't have this problem and I'll run 12 accounts and play dota2, paladins, the division, even overwatch, A.C. black flags

Sent from my SM-J327T using Tapatalk

does the game try to load in full screen while you have the other in the background?

if so, there is your problem lol

Has anyone figured out how to avoid this when you load up another game with EQ1 accounts running in the background, particularly one that doesn't use directx9.0 All my EQ1 accounts crash with this problem when I load up lets say EQII (which I think is actually a dx9 game) as an example. Although it happens with DOTA2, Skyrim, Witcher, etc a lot, too. Quite annoying.

Been happening for over 14 years, would love to know of a work around for this thats easy other than loading EQ1 after the other game as a work around.

Two of my computers do this, it's a problem with the newest update of MQ2 nav and direct X. It only occurs when MQ2 is running with mq2 nav, unloading mq2 nav fixes it entirely - so I'm positive it's an mq2/mq2 nav issue.

William12 made a post about it recently in the MQ2nav thread in level 1 as well. I am glad that this issue is becoming more common that way EQmule will hopefully fix it. I reported it to him on the first day it started happening (around the time he updated MQ2 nav in the mq2 release this issue started occuring - so around the last big patch).

So far I only know a single way around it and that's unload MQ2 nav on all your characters before you run a program as admin or resize the window. That will make it so they don't crash with ResetDevice failed ()

does the game try to load in full screen while you have the other in the background?

if so, there is your problem lol

Sorta, how do I get around this. Well I have DOTA in windowed mode and in still happens, and EQII in windowed mode and it still happens.

Sorta, how do I get around this. Well I have DOTA in windowed mode and in still happens, and EQII in windowed mode and it still happens.

it only ever happens to me when a game tries to load into full screen first then switches to windowed mode after, Honestly id load up the other game first and then load up EQ after. I only have those issues when a game tries to force full screen and EQ then tries for some odd reason as well.. or it changes some refresh rate or screen size on EQ because the other game loaded full screen.

if any of that makes sense lol

it only ever happens to me when a game tries to load into full screen first then switches to windowed mode after, Honestly id load up the other game first and then load up EQ after. I only have those issues when a game tries to force full screen and EQ then tries for some odd reason as well.. or it changes some refresh rate or screen size on EQ because the other game loaded full screen.

if any of that makes sense lol

That does make sense. Thats exactly the issue. The games start in full screen then switches over to windowed mode. Wonder how to avoid it. When you have 12 ore more accounts loaded already, kinda sucks.

Device Reset Falied is a EQ bug. It can be reproduced by for example locking the screen with windowskey + L while eq is running. or by starting another program as admin so it popup the UAC dialog. if launching EQII pops up the "do you want to run this program as admin" dialog, that would be the reason.
As a workaround u can start a commandprompt as admin and always use that to start other stuff, like eqii... then it wont display the dialog and the device reset wont fail..

I'm not gonna spend any time fixing this, cause well, it would be complicated without source access so this one is up to dbg.

Question - Reset Device failed () crash

Users who are viewing this thread

Back