• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Tech - Desktop and Lock Workstation Shortcuts (1 Viewer)

RedCents
60¢
For those of you who are interested:

I am posting shortcuts for two functions in the Windows 7.x through Windows 10.x operating systems to make your life a bit easier.

1. Lock Workstation - Click on this shortcut and it will immediately lock your workstation,

2. Desktop - Click on this shortcut and it will immediately bring your desktop up (in case it is hidden behind and application or a screen hogging app).

I keep them in my c:\Windows directory ... and pin them to my taskbar (which is set to always be up on bottom of my screen).

This allows me the ability to bring my desktop to the foreground no matter what is currently up in the foreground, or to lock my computer immediately.

I use them in conjunction with "Classic Shell", which gives me back my much loved menu navigation system from Windows 7.x / 8.x

They come in handy.

Attachments

• Desktop & Lock Workstation Shortcuts.zip
    1.7 KB · Views: 3
Or you could press the windows key and d or l to show the desktop or lock your computer. May be easier than a shortcut.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Tech - Desktop and Lock Workstation Shortcuts

Users who are viewing this thread

Back