• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Gearing new 105 Wizzies (1 Viewer)

levox

RedCents
866¢
Hi All,

With the recent heroic promotion I've made a war/clr/bard/wiz/wiz/wiz group after hearing so much about them. Just recently got 105 and starting 105 gear and using EOKNuke 1.5. Their damage is awesome, but I seem to be running out of mana constantly. I bought as much reasonably priced 3-4k gear and was hoping to farm eok T1 for the rest. The one thing I'm not sure about is augs. Does anyone have a guide or guidance on augs that would help? I've read a few posts that talk about it in general terms having a mana return set and also a dps set of augs, but nothing specific. Also, is it just something that will come with time and better gear?

I've played mostly on TLP since I returned after a 15 year break so the fundamentals may be new to me. Another Q: Are mana return procs based on the mana of the spell you cast or total mana pool (i.e. more mana pool, more mana back each proc), etc. Any info or pointing me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

on a mount? that helps a ton..

I used ethereal incandescence, ethereal skyblaze, claw of the flameweaver, cloudburst stormstrike and ethereal fuse as my spell line up..

but I used force of will, ice and flame as well since those are AA nukes..

but those spells are older so im sure newer ones are out that are better

Thanks for the replies, I did think about transferring out bard for ench and adding a bst for a wiz. I have extras from all the free heroics I got, but unfortunately I bought EOK on those 6 before really thinking about it, guess I can go ahead and buy some more though.

I'm specifically looking for augs that help with mana regen in some way if anyone help with those

Last edited:
Maybe consider going for more accounts and make them FTP. Once you get the initial cost over with, it's like having a far more useful merc. If your computer is current, it will probably have no problem running 10+ accounts. My new heroics stayed FTP till 105, now gold till max aa's and will go back to FTP once maxed. T1 EoK gear is pretty decent and easy to get.

I run enchanter, bard, beast and mage. Mage can mass summon mod rods and everyone near him gets all the rods whether in group or not. Not to mention group CoTH.

You will need to hang out in EoK T2 zones, and farm the gear there for the bigger mana pool. It will help, but if you are killing non stop you'll find your wizzys will be lom alot until your KA stops your pullertank to allow some med time.

The Heroic Character only aug quests in Feerott provide decent augs. They are non-prestige, which is a big selling point for me. Don't forget the magician created augs for head, shoulders, legs and feet.

Hi All, Does anyone have a guide or guidance on augs that would help? I've read a few posts that talk about it in general terms having a mana return set and also a dps set of augs, but nothing specific. Also, is it just something that will come with time and better gear?

Augs will help some, at this point you just need as much mana as you can get, 1 hInt ~=21.5 mana, just prioritize based on mana+(21.5*hInt). Mostly gonna come from better gear etc.

I've played mostly on TLP since I returned after a 15 year break so the fundamentals may be new to me. Another Q: Are mana return procs based on the mana of the spell you cast or total mana pool (i.e. more mana pool, more mana back each proc), etc. Any info or pointing me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

Mana return procs give a set amount back. Don't use manareturn procs, with a fury running DD procs are gonna do way more damage than you could do with the mana you got back from manareturn procs.

in my experience eok nuke drains mana faster than it should, specially if your gear isnt that good. imo youre better off with KA running a well set .ini that makes use of your GoM procs optimally and with the correct lineup of spells for sustained damage. Vortex>Claw>Burst>Wildflash. Use the big ones like fuse>ethereals on GoM procs or when youre burning, with bard/chanter in group you should be getting enough GoM procs to make it viable.

P.S: Get your synergy ASAP on the wizzies.

Question - Gearing new 105 Wizzies

Users who are viewing this thread

Back