• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - GMs Replacing Items (1 Viewer)

dhew

RedCents
500¢
Anyone have luck with GMs replacing items lost to crashes? Our guild crashed today while raiding immediately after downing a boss. Item lost. Just wondering what the feasibility is, or if there is any way I should be wording the petition.

nope they will tell you to wait for the respawn and kill it again. Items lost like that are impossible for them to verify so they simply give you the "please go away, we are sorry" email... try again next time...

sorry but that's how it works. People petition after every rollback or server down or ddos attack and there is nothing the GMs can or will do about it.

my old raiding guild had that happen a few times and GMs went and checked the log to verify we killed the boss and even checked who all was in zone and told us what loot we could get and who was eligible.. as long as their logs reflect the kill and no one looted anything they SHOULD be able to help.

this was PRE new ownership of EQ so it could have changed though

my old raiding guild had that happen a few times and GMs went and checked the log to verify we killed the boss and even checked who all was in zone and told us what loot we could get and who was eligible.. as long as their logs reflect the kill and no one looted anything they SHOULD be able to help.

this was PRE new ownership of EQ so it could have changed though

I would concur.

It all depends on when, what, and why...If its a fairly quick redo, or they consider it an easy kill or note you have killed it many times before...maybe not, but if its a rare spawn and they can note you having camped it for like forever, they will...sometimes.

It all kind-of depends on the GM that is responding to your petition and the mood he/she is in at that time...and if the petitioner is on the "naughty list", or has a history of "losing items".

Yeah its not a easy task to get them to replace items thats for sure. If its a raid target though most have a week lockout so unless they respawn them for them they will have to wait another week before they get another chance.

DBG doesn't replace items for crashes, accidental deletes, whatever. It is somewhere in their policy on their website, there was a big uproar a year or two ago when they announced it. There is no longer a thing called customer service with DBG - you're unfortunately out of luck.

DBG doesn't replace items for crashes, accidental deletes, whatever. It is somewhere in their policy on their website, there was a big uproar a year or two ago when they announced it. There is no longer a thing called customer service with DBG - you're unfortunately out of luck.

Not 100% accurate, I had my Rogue epic replaced when I borked the quest. Since new ownership.

Raids, yeah different story.

In the top tier raid guilds(with a few gms in them) I have seen them do this, But for anything not on the leading edge of content they will tell you to get stuffed.

I've seen them claim that they cannot actually see what was on the corpse until it is physically looted though.

So, they may not replace the items if there is no log or other evidence they can use.

Though, if for example a glitch or something prevents you from looting an item that has been awarded to you in the advanced loot window, they may have a log of the award message, and show that it was not looted, and award you the item for that reason.

Question - GMs Replacing Items

Users who are viewing this thread

Back