• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • EverQuest (live servers) were patched today and MacroQuest developers are putting in time for their own update. Please show them your appreciation. Per brainiac, ETA is 11pm EST

Tech - laptop recommendations? (1 Viewer)

ac1dgenocide

RedCents
743¢
what's a laptop that I could 5-6 box on and (not at the same time) maybe do some photo editing (lightroom).

Hoping to not break the bank. I'm not expecting something that will cruise through boxing or editing but one that would keep me from bashing my head against the wall.

You didn't mention price range, but this is probably the best gaming Laptop you can buy under 800 http://a.co/hWkBljB. I have this one myself and it has been great. I run VMs on it for work, play WoW, EQ and steam games and do some video and audio editing with it as well and it handles all of it very nicely.

The one complaint I have is that the trackpad on it is pretty bad. Feels cheap and flimsy and took some messing with to get it to the right sensitivity level. I really only use the track pad though when I'm doing something quick. The rest of the time I have a wireless mouse I plug in.

What was the price range you were looking for?

Basically any laptop with a 6th or 7th gen i5 and 8Gb of memory will do what you are asking

Go to best buy and look at what they have in open-box laptops, if you say what city you are in I can check craigslist and recommend one as well.

FYI a top model Microsoft Surface Pro 4 was running 12 toons for me with a bit of tuneing.
They are expensive but it is a nice form factor/size for someone that is very mobile.

Last edited:
Tech - laptop recommendations?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back