• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Tech - Asus laptop boot issues Win10 (1 Viewer)

deziel

banned
BANNED
RedCents
44¢
Hey, I'm having issues with my Asus RoG 670 laptop. Ever since I installed windows 10 on it, it works fine for a day- 3 days, and then out of no where when I restart it, it gets stuck in this boot loop, and I end up having to reinstall windows again. I've got 3 different hdd thinking that was the issue, but nope. Same symptoms with each one. I'm really frusterated about this, because the laptop is seriously flawless when its working, but these boot issues make me want to throw it out my window. If you have any ideas what it could be, I would greatly appreciate your imput, thanks in advance.

If I remember correctly, every time I've reinstalled windows it updates automatically updated it the first restart/shutdown so not sure if the update is the problem or not. Is there a known issue with the automatic updates?

If I remember correctly, every time I've reinstalled windows it updates automatically updated it the first restart/shutdown so not sure if the update is the problem or not. Is there a known issue with the automatic updates?

There's always an issue with all updates (in my personal experience).

When a computer works I turn off updates in services - ESPECIALLY windows 10 computers. Unrelated to your issue, however, Windows 10 has major issues with EQ and it draws more CPU power from your computer per EQ client with a fully updated windows 10. The september patch is the one that broke Win 10 for EQ (Same patch that added in the Windows Gamebar, Windows game capturing, Nvidia Geforce panel etc etc). This isn't the same issue you're having but it's the exact reason i turn off all automatic updates on windows 10.

If it worked before you updated it then just install windows on your machine and google how to go into Services and disable all automatic updates for it.

I'll try that and see what happens. I just don't understand how the machine can work flawlessly, but it is incapable of booting.

I'll try that and see what happens. I just don't understand how the machine can work flawlessly, but it is incapable of booting.

If you tried multiple harddrives and you fully updated them each time my only guess would be the most recent windows patch probably is corrupting something as it installs.

All my windows 10 comps usually hang at start up and say "Ipv4 is loading..." or something like that. Sometimes (once or twice every other month) they hang there for a few minutes and it always spooks me. However they do boot up fine immediately after that.

Okay, well worst comes to worst I'll just reinstall windows again, but this time immediately turn off windows update before I restart/shutdown. I hope that is it, although doesn't really make sense why other folks who leave it on aren't having the same issue. Although I don't pretend to fully understand the intricacies of windows by any means,

I hope that is it, although doesn't really make sense why other folks who leave it on aren't having the same issue. Although I don't pretend to fully understand the intricacies of windows by any means,

Every computer is different just like the human body =P

I don't really like pasta, pizza, ketchup or anything with tomatos in it because it's too acidic and completely trashes my stomach. Most people on the other hand fucking love pasta and pizza and ketchup too

Tech - Asus laptop boot issues Win10

Users who are viewing this thread

Back