• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Resolved - /startforage on crashing the game. (1 Viewer)

Zincfling

RedCents
32¢
This has happened alot lately. Whenever i use /startforage on my ranger/bard, it eventually crashes the game. I think it has something to do with it trying to forage while in combat, at least every time it happened that i was watching, thats how it went.

well... if it helps..., I use MQ2Melee to forage (/melee forage=1) and MQ2cursor to control what to do with the foraged items. Have no issues with crashing from foraging here

But that is just me =)

Ill try that and see how it goes, thanks for the suggestion!

edit: holy mama, it works super fine man! only problem is mq2melee waits too long between forages, my character is a ranger so his cooldown is 40s but it waits for the full 1m30s or something, is there a way to fix this?

Last edited:
That part I o not know off hand, never needed to know how to adjust it in there. (but hey, no crashes!) will research some when I get home tonight, I am curious.

Rich (BB code):
public:
    long   ID;          // Ability ID
    long   TYPE;        // Ability Type
    CHAR   NAME[128];   // Ability Name
    int   SEARCH;      // Ability Searched

int Avail() {
        SEARCH = 1;
        EFFECT = 0;
        if (ID > NOID) {
            if (TYPE == SKILL || TYPE == UNKNOWN) {
                if (SKCheck(ID)) {
                    strcpy_s(NAME, szSkills[ID]);
                    REUSE = (ID == i_forage) ? 101750 : delay * 3;
                    TYPE = SKILL;
                    return true;
                }
            }

is the section I see that looks to handle "reuse".

How ever, not a clue how to adjust it =/

I was hoping to find a way of seeing if forage was ready for reuse, like is done with spells, but I haven't found one.

One of the folks with plugin code knowledge will have to take pity and offer up a suggestion =/

Curious if anyone is having an issue with the third foraged item remaining on cursor using MQ2Autoforage ?

Thinking this is causing a crash when so many items are loaded on the cursor and not being dealt with by the plugin.

Resolved - /startforage on crashing the game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back