• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Discussion - how to squeeze the most out of a rogue? (1 Viewer)

ac1dgenocide

RedCents
743¢
I'm talking EVERYTHING, illusion benefits, optimal disc lineups, uncommon augs?
I've been playing my rogue half ass since I came back and I'd like to really see what I can get out of him.
I'm parsing like 50k dps regularly, sometimes bursting up to 260k (with a full burn going)
I just found out I was missing 3 discs...... razorarc, razor edge, and weapons bond...
I'm getting the direwolf totem of battle because why not?

any tips are much appreciated!

Firstly the reason why your dps dropped after burst is simply because you didn't have either of your two long duration discs. Rogues are meant to have a disc up at all times. Rogue's have, by a HUGE margin, the most disciplines that activately most discs that activately use combat ability window. Razor's edge and knifeplay (which is what I think you mean, because razorarc is a crappy idea of a disc, that has recieved many upgrades since its release) give rogue dps its sustianablility. The only two clickies worth getting are either Dragorn war mask +10 to every blunt/piercing/slashing hit. The other is miniature eyepatch, it does the exact same thing as DWM, but doesn't look as cool, imo. You could make an arguement for vanishing point, which is +1 damage to every piercing hit. Now remember these are flat damage modifiers. They get tacked onto whatever hit after any damage modifiers are factored in. And when/if you get buff locked at a raid, that would probably be the first thing to go. Also, don't waste your time on the dire wolf totem of battle. It has no effect whatsoever to dps because ferocity modifiers on even group legs is far more powerful, and I think if memory serves me, ferocity is actually completely capped. And the only thing that makes even new ranks of ferocity focus on leggins better each time is because they started using ferocity to modify triple attack as well. Either way though, the wolf totem was vert cool, and L33t when new, but still obsolete, Best thing you can do is farm all the best augs (hdex, imo) the best trophies/trib, and making sure you are at the rear of the mobs as often as is humanly possible. Just get all the basics down, and it will be more than enough to bring your sustained dps within shouting range of what your burst dps is at now. Take care, and good luck.

Bench vise or huge wine press...
Hydraulic press would be nice but if you are trying to stay in theme....

Playbetter

Razor's edge and knifeplay (which is what I think you mean, because razorarc is a crappy idea of a disc, that has recieved many upgrades since its release) give rogue dps its sustianablility.

yes, that is correct my bad!

also, does anyone have the phone # to the hydraulic press guy!

You should also be staying behind the mob for backstab (unless you can't stay behind for some reason)

Some people think it doesn't matter anymore, but even max AAs you DO NOT HAVE 100% CHANCE TO BACKSTAB FROM EVERY ANGLE.

Max AA is 95% chance to backstab from the front, it should be noted, this BS CAN NOT double or triple. It is a SINGLE attack. Max AA you also are given 65% chance to double backstab from the front (the other sentence is stating that without this additional SPA you can't :P.) No triple.

Also 5% of your frontal backstabs will fail and do a chaotic stab BS which should work out to level * 3 / 2 at higher levels (well, I didn't actually parse all the way to 105 but after level 51 this formula didn't change for the ones I did :P)

Discussion - how to squeeze the most out of a rogue?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back