• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Tech - building a new rig (1 Viewer)

RedCents
280¢
The last time I built a PC was in May of 2014. That's the rig I currently run EQ on. It's a Z97 w/ 24gigs of RAM, a Nvidia 780 6GB video card.

Now that's I've gotten into MQ2 and Red Guides...I realize I could operate 2 6 box teams. So I want to build a second PC, but would prefer a server type of system.

Does anyone here run 1 or 2 6 box teams on a Windows server platform?

What's the performance like?

How you do handle keyboard input for 2 separate ISBoxer processes?

thanks!

So I use one pc for 12 accounts right now. Currently CPU is running 80% average. I use mq2fps on all but the 2 tanks they are set to 50fps normal and 50 background. Memory usage on all accounts lowest and everything else disabled in actual EQ options. Running a liquid cooled I5 4670k @ 4ghz its only a quad core so more core's are set up as 2 tanks on cpu 1, the rest spread between 2-3 while cpu 0 is just base system stuff. Never really any issues besides advance loot crashes with MQ2. using a GTX 960 4gb and 32gb of ram. SSD drive.

Just my input in case you don't go with the windows server.

Tech - building a new rig

Users who are viewing this thread

Back