• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - DIY combo (1 Viewer)

huronworker

RedCents
58¢
Hello, i was wondering does anyone know of a good DIY combo kit to build a pretty decent gaming computer?

Looking for:
16gb memory
good video card
quad core processor
SSD hard drive
with a decent power supply/motherboard.

Any insight or suggestions?

I've always just gone to newegg or amazon and picked the pieces I wanted based on reviews. I know MMO-Champion does a monthly pc setup guide with 4 different tiers to pick pieces from. Otherwise Toms guide has a heirarchy chart for deciding what you want to get for CPU, video card, etc.

Im partial to intel i5 or i7 cpu, nvidia 1070 or higher video card, and have had good luck with ASrock motherboards. Asus and gigabyte are also good from my experience.

The last computer I bought was from staples off the shelf. Dell Inspiron desktop, model 3656, AMD FX-8800P processor, 16 GB memory, AMD Radeon R9 360 graphics card. Now before anyone asks or comments, realize I have only the faintest clue what all that means. What I do know is I can run 12 characters with minimal lag/stuttering. I do use the MQ2Cpuload plugin and did turn down the spell effects a bit, mostly because I don't like the spell effects too bright. Can't remember the exact price but it seems like it was about $600 or $700.

Question - DIY combo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back