• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Is there anyway to send a /command to a client autonomously? (1 Viewer)

RedCents
9,012¢
This may be an option with EQBC or an option somewhere in MQ2 but I honestly don't know what to search for to find what I need. My best guess is EQBC would do it but I read a few FAQs for EQBC and I didn't see anything that matched what I wanted. I had considered MQ2Melee to do it, however, I think it would just spam the shit out of the command and it would probably make things worse not better.

Essentially what I want is to have my boxes /hidecorpse all every 5 - 10min to reduce CPU load on a computer. I want this /command sent to their clients AUTONOMOUSLY. If I have to input the /command on even 1 char every 5 - 10min that isn't what I want. I already have a key I spam (Ctrl F7) every so often that hides all my corpses. I want a way to automate this and simplify it.

Off the top of my head, couldn't you do a spawncount of the corpses with in X radius? and when it is over X amount, have your macro/MQ2Melee hide corpse.

Not ingame to test but I would think something along the lines of

Rich (BB code):
/if (${SpawnCount[corpses radius 300]}>10) /hidecorpse all

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.redguides.com/wiki/TLO:SpawnCount

http://www.redguides.com/wiki/Spawn_search

My fear of using MQ2 melee would be the second it meets the qualifications it will spam the ever living shit out of the line of code. I don't know if it will still count corpses in the spawn radius after they've been hidden or not - and what about zones that have objects that are flagged as corpses(If any - I am not sure if MQ2melee defines a corpse the same way /hidecorpse all does)? As an example, Ocean green Hills (The SoD zone off the void) has corpses all around the northern fortress. They don't get hidden with /hidecorpse all - but they may get flagged with MQ2Melee as a corpse. If not there are other times it could be an issue. Like if it counts a "downed player" as a corpse.

I would be quite annoyed if I was in the middle of a raid event or something and all my characters got stuck in an indefinite loop of spamming /hidecorpse all.

Of course, it wouldn't hurt to test it - but I would be worried about using it as a permanent fix because editing 36 INI files to remove it if it wipes me will be even more frustrating than just spamming a key when I need to hide the corpses.

Wouldn't it be more prudent to put it into the macro you are using then?

You could for instance put a timer on it, to insure a delay. Say

Rich (BB code):
   /if (!${CorpseTimer}) /call CorpseCheck
/Sub CorpseCheck
   /if (!${Defined[CorpseTimer]}) /declare CorpseTimer timer outer
   /if (${SpawnCount[corpses radius 300]}>10) {
      /hidecorpse all
      /varset CorpseTimer 3m
      }
   /return

- - - Updated - - -

Then you only have the one place to do any editing, and it would filter out to all the toon using that macro.

Last edited:
Wouldn't it be more prudent to put it into the macro you are using then?

You could for instance put a timer on it, to insure a delay. Say

Rich (BB code):
   /if (!${CorpseTimer}) /call CorpseCheck
/Sub CorpseCheck
   /if (!${Defined[CorpseTimer]}) /declare CorpseTimer timer outer
   /if (${SpawnCount[corpses radius 300]}>10) {
      /hidecorpse all
      /varset CorpseTimer 3m
      }

- - - Updated - - -

Then you only have the one place to do any editing, and it would filter out to all the toon using that macro.

Hmmm........ HMMMMMMMMMmmmmmm.

That should work for about 95% of my situations actually.

I don't always run a macro while I play on each char, a lot of the time I control them manually but during those times I can always just use the hidecorpse button I got. Putting it in the macro should be easy peasy - only downside is when shit gets updated!

Thanks, this should work great!

I do have one last question about EQBC if you or someone else could answer.... Is there anyway to send a keypress to each client? I naturally use Isboxer for everything but it has been having problems with windows 10 recently so I have been experimenting on my laptop with EQBC incase I ever have to switch over to it. From all the reading I have done on EQBC it seems like it can only send text based commands to clients, is that true? Is there no way to broadcast a key like Isboxer?

Interesting. I actually didn't think it was going to be so simplistic. I kept looking for a way to turn on key broadcasting or a more complicated eqbc /command that did it. Figured it would have ${Keypress} in it or something.

That's great =)
Thanks!

You can likely set up the timer/hidecorpse as a single downshit/holyshit.

Rich (BB code):
downshit#=/docommand ${If[!${Defined[HideCorpseTimer])],/declare HideCorpseTimer timer global 5m,${If[(${HideCorpseTimer.Equal[0]}],/multiline ; /hidecorpse all;/varset HideCorpseTimer 5m,}}

Pretty much, if the variable isn't defined, declare it. If it is and has counted down to 0, /hidecorpse and reset timer to 5m. I'm dead tired atm, so syntax may be off on part of it, but should work in theory. Could also turn it into a /bcaa or /bcga //hidecorpse all and having it turned on for just one toon instead of adding it to all toon's shits.

/hidecorpse always

Hides everything when it dies. just do it on each character I think it even saves the setting so no need to do it everyone you log on.

is this a thing that i can fit into Kissassist.ini...or possibly my toon ini(if i only wanted the tank or healer to follow through with)

if all you need is to hide corpses the last response to this post gave me what i wanted with a command already built into EQ that I didn't know about;

/hidecorpse always

Otherwise someone else would have to assist you about adding it to a KA ini

Question - Is there anyway to send a /command to a client autonomously?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back