• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
The Red Guide to MQ2Nav

Guide - Article: The Red Guide to MQ2Nav (1 Viewer)

Redbot

🖥️💖
RedCents
88,152¢
Pronouns
He/Him
Let me know if you have any ideas for making this guide better

Last edited:
Redbot, could you add the link to the article in the MQ2Nav plugin post? Also, I think it would be a good idea to include what roles MQ2Nav works in with Kissassist.

Love the post though, so much easier to just link that article to people rather than trying to explain each step one by one haha. :bang:

Sorry for the stupid question - but how does it interact with KA? For example, if i set it up per the above but make no other changes/settings etc, would it assist my puller find a path around an object for a pull?

Sorry for the stupid question - but how does it interact with KA? For example, if i set it up per the above but make no other changes/settings etc, would it assist my puller find a path around an object for a pull?

Build the mesh, then type /nav reload, it should say "mesh successfully loaded for "xxxx" zone." Then it will make it's own path and pull.

when i try to make a nav mesh for just the area i am camping it always says fail to find start point, i figured with a small mesh it would work better and have more complete mesh but it seems its impossible to do this?

Try using the "/nav ui" command and turn on "show mesh." It will let you look for missing tile areas and find a better place to start your puller.

If that doesn't work, you can try resetting/adjusting the sliders in the MeshGenerator and rebuild your mesh. Camps with a lot of obstacles nearby like fences/rocks/cliffs are more work to make work.

I have recently discovered MQ2Nav and Mesh Generator and I LOVE IT.

I did some searching(which I admit I suck at), is there a detailed guild to Mesh Generator? I mean what is do each of the settings under Tiling, Agent, Bounding Box and so forth do?

I was building a mesh for Arcstone and it took me forever to figure out how to adjust the height it would capture as it was only capturing the area below ground level since the zone height is huge.

I have recently discovered MQ2Nav and Mesh Generator and I LOVE IT.

I did some searching(which I admit I suck at), is there a detailed guild to Mesh Generator? I mean what is do each of the settings under Tiling, Agent, Bounding Box and so forth do?

I was building a mesh for Arcstone and it took me forever to figure out how to adjust the height it would capture as it was only capturing the area below ground level since the zone height is huge.

I am still learning the mesh generator as well. These two links have some info that got me started but I am still mainly learning through trial and error.
https://github.com/brainiac/MQ2Nav/wiki/Screenshots
https://www.redguides.com/community/threads/50965-MQ2Nav-Release-Thread?highlight=mq2nav

Guide - Article: The Red Guide to MQ2Nav

Users who are viewing this thread

Back