• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Question about potential suspension (1 Viewer)

jy1052

RedCents
76¢
Hello

I was just curious about suspension for potential verbal abuse. I was invited to a group and was needed to kill certain mobs. I was given no opportunity to roll on anything and there was 0 communication about anything just get there and keep people alive and buffed all the time. When the main person was killed we needed for quest items the leader just assigned them to his friends and everyone left and disbanded immediately. I messaged the group leader and called him C**T a few times and F*** U. The group leader claims i could be getting banned for that and saved screenshots... Is that a stretch or what? Anyone have any insight? I couldn't find much information so thats why I'm asking. I never have a problem with people so this is a first for me.

EDIT: Thank you to everyone who responded with their experiences I feel much better now!

Last edited:
So is a suspension possible yes banned fuck no if it's your first time. Or most likely nothing will happen

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Hello

I was just curious about suspension for potential verbal abuse. I was invited to a group and was needed to kill certain mobs. I was given no opportunity to roll on anything and there was 0 communication about anything just get there and keep people alive and buffed all the time. When the main person was killed we needed for quest items the leader just assigned them to his friends and everyone left and disbanded immediately. I messaged the group leader and called him C**T a few times and F*** U. The group leader claims i could be getting banned for that and saved screenshots... Is that a stretch or what? Anyone have any insight? I couldn't find much information so thats why I'm asking. I never have a problem with people so this is a first for me.

Thanks i appreciate it

A suspension would be possible but extremely rare. Only time I ever got suspended for "foul language" in all of my years playing EQ is when I typed the N word to the wrong channel.

I just briefly explained but they were looking for a healer and when i joined it was only the group leader and me, then the rest joined within a few mins of me joining. I'm not sure what you mean by getting involved in something i didn't discuss prior. If you mean the quest drops from the named then yes it was discussed but the loot was assigned to 3 members of the group (who happened to be in leaders guild) then those 3 ran off and disbanded. I asked why that happened and got no information and was kicked from the group then i proceeded to throw some expletives towards the leader. If i knew I had no chance of getting the item and wasting almost an hour and a half to help people who didn't even say thanks. I was mainly posting for clarification because the everquest website says its against the rules to say bad words, which is pretty shocking honestly. So basically I felt like i was invited to help them and had no chance to get the item.

bad words are only against the rules if u typed it in some way to bypass the filter system, highly doubt u get suspended at all for this unless u personaly attack them in tells and even then id still give it a .001% chance of happening. The gm's have bigger crap to deal with.

GMs will laugh at the petition.

And then possibly take action. Depends on their whim

Sounds like you had a bad group. Rather than stay longer and longer until you have a temper tantrum at the end, assuming you asked about the loot to try to deal with it... just leave the group. Can't get suspended or banned for leaving a group of assholes.

its been my experience in the past they will only suspend if you do it in open channels rarely do you get suspended for tells unless your harassing someone via tells for hours and hours. never had it happen to me but i know folks it has happened too.

And then possibly take action. Depends on their whim

Sounds like you had a bad group. Rather than stay longer and longer until you have a temper tantrum at the end, assuming you asked about the loot to try to deal with it... just leave the group. Can't get suspended or banned for leaving a group of assholes.

I definitely agree as it achieved nothing at all. I've always had people be fair so i think I was a little bit in shock which turned to anger. I doubt anything will happen either but if something does come of it, I will add that information to the post for others to learn from my mistake.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't care about being suspended so much as being banned which honestly if I was banned I probably wouldn't come back.

Ive dropped some pretty big bombs in ooc rampages in the past, then took it to tells with the viciousness of a pit bull in rage infused expletives...never got any suspension for that. You'll be fine, carry on citizen!

I know a guy that had several run ins with GM about different issues, I think every GM knew him by name, anyways his last straw that got him permanently banned was tell the GM to F*** OFF.

Haha way to go all out before getting banned.

- - - Updated - - -

Ive dropped some pretty big bombs in ooc rampages in the past, then took it to tells with the viciousness of a pit bull in rage infused expletives...never got any suspension for that. You'll be fine, carry on citizen!

Thanks surfdog21 I appreciate it man.

I think suspension is possible but ban isnt unless they find something crazy investigating your account. Lots of people will try to escalate things with responses trying to get a juicier /report or multiples (after they zone)

No offense to anyone, but this I just had to laugh at. Carry on! :xd:

Funny story is it primarily happened because my friend didn't have "R" bound to reply to the person who sends you a tell. and he had his primary chat window to default to /1 which happened to be general chat... (who does that??!?!)

So I did... ryou <N word> in the main chat window when attempting to reply to that same friend who was sending me a tell on another character. And yes, that means I got his account suspended for it and not my own. He actually wasn't that frustrated with me since he knows I don't use WASD on my home computer - so I would be used to "R" replying to a tell.

And of course I will put a disclaimer - I would never directly call someone a racial slur, that would be rude and immature. It's just a word that meant 'ignorant' up until 2015 when they changed the dictionary definition of it to what we know now. However I will jokingly say it to my friends (usually) in private chat channels. This time happened to be an exception =X

Hello

I was just curious about suspension for potential verbal abuse.
EDIT: Thank you to everyone who responded with their experiences I feel much better now!

I would say the odds are about nil. Ever hear of a guild called Spirit Council on Xegony? Their leader Zokaniz was one of the worst. This dude harassed the leader of another guild mercilessly. She put up with it for almost a YEAR! Petitioned multiple times with screen shots from several people for proof.
He turned general chat into a school ground name calling zone.
He had dozens of alts he would use.
GM's finally got tired of it and banned ALL of his accounts.
He posted a whinny message on FB, and moved his entire crew to WOW.
But like everything else in EQ, your mileage may vary.

Think about it this way...if they were going to suspend everyone for using bad language they wouldn't have put in a filter system for editing it out...

The guy was right, you COULD get suspended for using bad language, but not unless your a repeat offender, are doing it over and over to someone that has asked you to stop, or this guys is buddy buddy with an unscrupulous GM. So, in reality, you wont see anything come of this except maybe a GM saying you shoudn;t fo that, and I doubt that will even happen.

I would have told the guy off too if not even given a chance to roll on the items or told before the kill how the distribution was going to be handled.

I usually tell people that join my groups what I am after, and call dibbs (seeing as I usually drop out a toon to let them join) but even then, I will at times let them have the good stuff first seeing as I can camp the spot and get it again, and again, and again......

I would say the odds are about nil. Ever hear of a guild called Spirit Council on Xegony? Their leader Zokaniz was one of the worst. This dude harassed the leader of another guild mercilessly. She put up with it for almost a YEAR! Petitioned multiple times with screen shots from several people for proof.
He turned general chat into a school ground name calling zone.
He had dozens of alts he would use.
GM's finally got tired of it and banned ALL of his accounts.
He posted a whinny message on FB, and moved his entire crew to WOW.
But like everything else in EQ, your mileage may vary.

No I have never heard of them until now but that's just asking for trouble treating people like that. Thanks for your input!

- - - Updated - - -

Think about it this way...if they were going to suspend everyone for using bad language they wouldn't have put in a filter system for editing it out...

The guy was right, you COULD get suspended for using bad language, but not unless your a repeat offender, are doing it over and over to someone that has asked you to stop, or this guys is buddy buddy with an unscrupulous GM. So, in reality, you wont see anything come of this except maybe a GM saying you shoudn;t fo that, and I doubt that will even happen.

I would have told the guy off too if not even given a chance to roll on the items or told before the kill how the distribution was going to be handled.

I usually tell people that join my groups what I am after, and call dibbs (seeing as I usually drop out a toon to let them join) but even then, I will at times let them have the good stuff first seeing as I can camp the spot and get it again, and again, and again......

I agree Meistro that it wouldn't make sense to have a chat filter if that was the case. I think some or all of the frustration I experienced was from that group was the 4-5 time i've been in a group to get the said items and it didn't work out. If i lost the roll fair and square then no problem It would have been a different situation. I should have just stay with grouping with my guild in these situations. Thanks for the insight.

Uh... what dictionary is that? Is there a different Websters for the deep South?

Every dictionary in the whole world actually =P

They changed it because modern culture doesn't use that word for its real meaning anymore... Like ever.

Merriam Webster even has a tidbit on their page about it, although they try and claim the word never meant ignorant which is kinda funny considering the whole fact that they made a seperate section to explain this confirms that it did.

"There is a widespread belief that the original meaning of <N word>, as defined in dictionaries, was "an ignorant person," and a related belief that current dictionary definitions describing its use as a hateful, racist epithet are a recent change. We do not know the source of those beliefs, but they are not accurate. "

When you googled the word 10 years ago it came up as "an ignorant person" - if you google it now you can find wiki discussions about the word and people talking about their dictionaries saying it meant "an ignorant person" growing up. There are some people on that same wiki disputing the fact that it ever meant "an ignorant person" - however there are enough people claiming it never meant what it means now/evidence on google that you can tell there's something fucky with the definition of this word and it being changed in modern day/culture. Even if you are reading this in disbelief you must admit the amount of evidence suggesting a different definition is quite interesting. If it never had a seperate definition... Why so many claims of it, why so many google searches of it? Why does google autocorrect you to say "<N word> MEANS ignorant> when you type in <N word MEANT ignorant>?

Growing up I read a few dictionaries cause school was boring and I was weird with nothing better to do. If you find an older dictionary published before 2010 I can almost guarantee you it'll have the older definition of the word in it.... I know this for a fact cause we had one kid in my school who would tease the black people after I showed him what it said for the <N word> in the dictionary. He thought it was funny to call them a <N word> then throw a dictionary in their face and tell them they were wrong to be upset. Come to think of it, shit like this is probably why it got changed in the first place.

Every dictionary in the whole world actually =P

They changed it because modern culture doesn't use that word for its real meaning anymore... Like ever.

Merriam Webster even has a tidbit on their page about it, although they try and claim the word never meant ignorant which is kinda funny considering the whole fact that they made a seperate section to explain this confirms that it did.

"There is a widespread belief that the original meaning of <N word>, as defined in dictionaries, was "an ignorant person," and a related belief that current dictionary definitions describing its use as a hateful, racist epithet are a recent change. We do not know the source of those beliefs, but they are not accurate. "

When you googled the word 10 years ago it came up as "an ignorant person" - if you google it now you can find wiki discussions about the word and people talking about their dictionaries saying it meant "an ignorant person" growing up. There are some people on that same wiki disputing the fact that it ever meant "an ignorant person" - however there are enough people claiming it never meant what it means now/evidence on google that you can tell there's something fucky with the definition of this word and it being changed in modern day/culture. Even if you are reading this in disbelief you must admit the amount of evidence suggesting a different definition is quite interesting. If it never had a seperate definition... Why so many claims of it, why so many google searches of it? Why does google autocorrect you to say "<N word> MEANS ignorant> when you type in <N word MEANT ignorant>?

Growing up I read a few dictionaries cause school was boring and I was weird with nothing better to do. If you find an older dictionary published before 2010 I can almost guarantee you it'll have the older definition of the word in it.... I know this for a fact cause we had one kid in my school who would tease the black people after I showed him what it said for the <N word> in the dictionary. He thought it was funny to call them a <N word> then throw a dictionary in their face and tell them they were wrong to be upset. Come to think of it, shit like this is probably why it got changed in the first place.

Of course, when LurkMcGurk says the N word, he of course means . . . .

Nincompoop

Not the racial word! =D

nin?com?poop
&#712;niNGk&#601;m&#716;po&#862;op/
noun
noun: nincompoop; plural noun: nincompoops

• a foolish or stupid person.

; )

Of course, when LurkMcGurk says the N word, he of course means . . . .

Nincompoop

Not the racial word! =D

nin?com?poop
&#712;niNGk&#601;m&#716;po&#862;op/
noun
noun: nincompoop; plural noun: nincompoops

• a foolish or stupid person.

; )

Ninny works too!

I know the word is taboo in some people's eyes. A mod can remove my posts if they don't want to offend anyone - it wouldn't bother me one bit. I don't look at the word and see something racist, I look at the word and see a word. I can understand how the public views it differently though.

I think juding anyone based on skin color alone is retarded. You have people who voted for Trump just cause he disliked Obama and they disliked Obama too - cause he was black/muslim. So... we're essentially stuck with a shitty president now because of how racist the USA is. It's kinda childish if you think about it.

lmao if insults were bannable I would be banned LONG ago! They are not, there is a language filter for a reason, now racial slurs and hate speech is different. But calling a Dick a Dick or a Douche a Douche is 100% acceptable. There is no way that guy will report and if he is that dumb he will prolly get an earful from the GM for being a Douche!

just join zek general LOL the chat there proves theres no bans for verbal abuse.
ive called people every name in the book plus a few that ive made up.
multiple times
training
any type of griefing
done it for years to people

Question - Question about potential suspension

Users who are viewing this thread

Back