• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Newb Question: Just so I understand the big picture (1 Viewer)

Ruffhaus

RedCents
18¢
Disclaimer: I've never used a bot... ever. I am looking into this for all the same reasons the rest of you do. No surprise. I'm very casual but would like to maximize my time. This seems to be the way.

I've watched some youtube videos and read several threads. I just want to clarify a couple seemingly simple points.

1. Do I understand correctly that my only financial responsibility is the $6.65 per month and I'll be able to bot a full group of 6?

2. I make heroic toons. I saw a video with cookie cutter ini files based on levels that included heroic characters. Am I right to assume I can get up and running with those with little to no editing or maintenance?

3. Speaking of maintenance. While I've never been one to bot, I've had friends who did. They spent hours after every patch updating ini files.... I can't take the time to do that. Lack of time is the main driving force behind my desire to bot. How much maintenance will be involved?

Thanks in advance.

1. For the RG compile, the only cost is the level 2 membership, which can be purchased via the monthly USD sub or via redcents as well which are earned by being "thanked" by others for posts that are helpful/funny/whatever. Any donations to EQMule or macro writers are generally voluntary.

2. There are ini files posted in the ini wiki for (i believe) every class' heroic.

3. The only time you'll be needing to edit ini files post-patch is when spells are removed, added, combined, et cetera. Otherwise, your ini files will generally transition from patch to patch with no maintenance needed. When new features are added to KissAssist, you may need to edit the ini files to take advantage of those new features.

The RG compile is designed to be usable out of the box with little setup/maintenance required. If you do have issues with it, this is one of the largest EQ communities, and one of the more helpful as well. Can always post questions after reading the manual, and someone will generally have an answer for you.

$6.65 is for the 12 month I believe. If your month to month it's more like $9~.

Well worth it!!

We can help you get rolling. I like to help anyone that accepts it and doesn't mind learning. I personally stop helping when the person refuses to learn though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most of your ini maintenance is going to involve updating your spell/skill sets every couple levels as they change. You do have to download a new compile every time EQ is patched, but the auto updater makes that quick and painless.

cookie cutter ini files are available for every or at least almost every class, but you should spend enough time to gain a least a basic understanding of what they do and how they work. one size fits all has never been my preference. I think its more accurate to say "one size really fits no one very well, but all can sorta use it."

There are a very few macro/plugin writers that "charge" or accept donations for their creations. The vast majority are a collective part of redguides and freely available to every member.

It isn't quiet as easy as plug-n-play, but it's pretty close. Read the manuals, READ THE MANUALS and posts about the macros / plugins you plan to use. A little time spent reading and understanding will save you huge amounts of frustration.

$6.65 is for the 12 month I believe. If your month to month it's more like $9~.

Well worth it!!

We can help you get rolling. I like to help anyone that accepts it and doesn't mind learning. I personally stop helping when the person refuses to learn though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i stop helping when the person drops to refuseing to open a web browser and google there problem/ look for 5 mins bf asking...

Well if that's all, we're good. Does it have to be my addresses, bank account numbers and PINs? ;) I'm out for the night... but I'd love to take you up Darkie. At least until I figure out my PayPal situation. I'll pay it forward as well.

Have a good one.

Newb Question: Just so I understand the big picture

Users who are viewing this thread

Back