• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

News - FREE Heroic Character!! Until March 31, 2017 Now Live! (1 Viewer)

Darkmax

RedCents
1,239¢
281.jpg

Our anniversary gift to EVERYONE who has ever played EverQuest is a FREE level 85 Heroic Character. All you have to do to claim this is log in before Friday, March 31, 2017 @ 11:59PM PDT.

Heroic Characters are a great way to get a head start when playing a new character, or get to caught up to friends when you come to join them on their server.

Never played EverQuest before? No problem! This promotion is also available to new accounts if they have an All Access Membership! Being a member has its perks, and you can learn more about membership benefits here.

Special Note: Heroic Characters can NOT be redeemed on progression servers. This feature unlocks on a progression server after that server unlocks Call of the Forsaken.

Coming back to EverQuest after a vacation from Norrath? Learn more about what Heroic Characters are here.

FREE Heroic Character - Until March 31, 2017https://www.everquest.com/news/free-heroic-character-eq-18th-anniversary

Note: In order to see your new Heroic Character slot you must log in and camp back out.

Last edited:
Re: FREE Heroic Character!! Until March 31, 2017

According to the live feed the Heroic Characters go live at 12:00 pst.

Also confirmed that as long as you have played EQ prior to today on the account it can get a Heroic Character! Only new accounts must have gold for the reward - still cheaper than buying one.

Anyone figure this out yet? I tried 2 accounts (both years old), one silver and one free, one that I may have done the free heroic before on, but the other I did not. Still no heroic showing unless it is a /claim? I did not try that.

Log in any toon, log out, check and you have 1 heroic available, I know I just finished almost 200 of them!

So I've read on the forums and I've tried to figure it out but can't. I have multiple very old accounts (2002 or earlier start dates) that I logged on yesterday to create characters to get the free heroic. I create the char, log on it, and there's no green upgrade button. I've logged out (to desktop) and tried again - no dice. My regular accounts that were created last year and are currently gold had no issue, just my old accounts. I wonder if there's a cut-off for account date. Can anyone with really old accounts confirm if they were able to get it to work and if so, how? Unfortunately the only accounts I have other than my main accounts are very old.

My original account from 2000 created a heroic fine. I logged in, it said I now have a heroic available, I logged to character select, clicked on a character, and hit the upgrade button.

My original account from 2000 created a heroic fine. I logged in, it said I now have a heroic available, I logged to character select, clicked on a character, and hit the upgrade button.

Weird, maybe Ill have to keep trying or put in a ticket. Thanks for confirming.

So far all of my accounts (1999-early 2017) have had no problems getting the Heroic Upgrade.

I even had a blank account with no character at all from 3 years ago that I got the Heroic Upgrade after I made a new char.

Only limit that I understand is for completely new accounts. Sadly you can't use Krono to pay for All-Access to get the Heroic, you have to pay with a credit card. Not sure on the distinction since it would be in DBG interest to get the Krono spent.

anvil said: ↑
?Can anyone please confirm that you can use this "free" heroic slot instead of your saved "paid" heroic slots? As in, is there a prompt asking if you want to use your "free" upgrade so that you will know it's not using a paid one? ( it's best to know ahead of time, right?) Many thanks to anyone who can verify this for me. o_O?

For all intents and purposes, the Heroic Character you get during the 18th anniversary promo works like one you've purchased. If you already have a Heroic Character count waiting to be used, this just adds one to it.

Huzo said: ↑
?If you log in and get the free char, does it have to be created and or used by the 31st??

As long as you log into a character on a server during the promo, you'll get the Heroic Character added to your account. Similar to the previous question, the Heroic Character earned during this promo functions like a paid Heroic Character. There's no expiration date on it, once it's on your account.
Roshen, Yesterday at 4:09 PM #43

Ok, NOW the only question is ... do you have to use it before the event is over or lose it?? It doesn't seem that way, but last time they gave away free heroics, you used it within the promotional time period or you los it...

Ok, NOW the only question is ... do you have to use it before the event is over or lose it?? It doesn't seem that way, but last time they gave away free heroics, you used it within the promotional time period or you los it...

According to the EQ forums it's a "Free Paid Heroic Character":

As long as you log into a character on a server during the promo, you'll get the Heroic Character added to your account. Similar to the previous question, the Heroic Character earned during this promo functions like a paid Heroic Character. There's no expiration date on it, once it's on your account

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...ntil-march-31-2017.239044/page-3#post-3516836

Can u delete ur heroic toon and get another?? i made a mistake and made a war instead of a bard lol

Edit: ok u can delete, transfer 15k b4 that, and created another lol (but u wont get another 15k on the second one)

Hmm, was just going to make druids for foraging and mages to leave buried in hard to reach areas for coth on accounts I use. Didn't even consider I could just do that on accounts I don't use at all.

FYI you can just create an entirely new account and heroic is still available... yeah you're ftp and 21/23 xpac but still it's a totally ftp heroic toon.

Thanks. I found one but it is just giving me errors when I try to reset the password. I think I might have to wait 24 hours.

I had one account acting weird. Did not know the password so tried a password reset, but that kept failing, after I put new password it would say to contact support.
Thought it was because I had just reset 2 other passwords on other accounts. So I tried it on my phone and same issue.... Then I just did the 'request password change' email a 2nd time on my phone and it worked. So not sure what was going on, it could have been because same IP or that the browser cookies messed up the password reset link, no clue. I recommend trying a new IP address and a new password reset email.

Also if you can log in to the website but not into EQ make sure you log in via the launcher so you can accept EULA.

FYI you can just create an entirely new account and heroic is still available... yeah you're ftp and 21/23 xpac but still it's a totally ftp heroic toon.

As soon as you log in to a char (many were newly made toons on old account) and camp back to char select you can see that you have a heroic char available

However on 2 accounts I created some years back when I logged out to char select it said 0 heroics available

I assumed this was because a toon was never created on those accounts but if it is true that new created FTP accounts are working... I dont know what is going on

update--- 3/29
  1. Created a new account
  2. input login+email+pass+DOB (NO email verify notice, NO security question notice)
  3. went to launcher, accepted EULA
  4. created new toon on FV
  5. camped to char select
  6. Heroic=0/0

So I think it does need to be an older account....

Anyone else make a new daybreak account and get a heroic? What server did you create the toon on? Or did you do anything different?

I have some old accounts that I reset passwords on to recover and logged in but cant get a heroic upgrade. I dont know if I ever made characters on these accounts or not or if I had just made the accounts.

Would it go by if there was a character already on the account or should I be getting them as long as account was created before they announced it?

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

I just logged into an old account with a lvl 100 monk on it and it showed 0/0 at character select. Once I logged that toon into game, though, and opened up his inventory window, the heroic was showing as an option. I camped out, created a new heroic toon, and all is good with the world.

Can't comment on whether or not this works with brand new accounts, but if you have an established account and it isn't showing anything at character select, try logging in and out.

Is there any way to tell which servers have characters on an account other than logging in and checking all of them?

I have, made lvl 1 and logged into tutorial and without tutorial and neither worked.

News - FREE Heroic Character!! Until March 31, 2017 Now Live!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back