• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Discussion - I got screwed (1 Viewer)

dhew

RedCents
500¢
So I just had a GM suspend my character for 3 days for name violation. Here's the kicker: all the items that were in transit to the toon via parcel were deleted by the GM and I was told I would never get them back. These are items that were sent from my other toons to twink with and never yet claimed by the suspended character. How fucked up is that? Mithril Helm, Cloak of Flames, belt of the great turtle, blade of insanity, 10k plat, all deleted by the GM on top of the 3 day suspension and loss of name change pot. I'm fuming.

Sorry to hear that. That really sucks. Maybe create a separate ticket in a few days and hopefully get a different GM.

There is probably more to the story than just having a name that needed to be changed, otherwise they would just rename you without incident.

ya know years ago I took a break from EQ and played Wow, Me and a friend named our characters Vagisil and PreperationH, people gave us shit all damn day, every day and I am SURE the GMs were sent ticket after ticket, but we never were forced to change our names. You know you are having a bad day when a rogue names PreperationH gets your from behind! lmao! sorry to hear of your troubles!

- - - Updated - - -

I was not aware that NAME and PARCEL were connected, I thought if you changed your name your parcels just followed you. Server transfer no, but name change is just name change. I would send a ticket from the SENDING character that the items were sent to the wrong toon and you want them returned as they will never be claimed.

I was not aware that NAME and PARCEL were connected, I thought if you changed your name your parcels just followed you. Server transfer no, but name change is just name change. I would send a ticket from the SENDING character that the items were sent to the wrong toon and you want them returned as they will never be claimed.

Now there's an idea!

I had one guy send me 40 items one day to my character named Caulder. I know there is a bazaar trader on my server named CauldOr, with an o not an e. So I politely sent all the items back and said "Sorry you have the wrong person".

Two days later all the items were sent back to me again.......... So I deleted every single fucking one and put him on ignore. YOU GET ONE MISTAKE MR THAT'S IT - RECEIVING AND SENDING 40 FUCKING PARCELS TAKES LIKE 5 MINUTES OF MY GOD DAMN TIME.

Now there's an idea!

I had one guy send me 40 items one day to my character named Caulder. I know there is a bazaar trader on my server named CauldOr, with an o not an e. So I politely sent all the items back and said "Sorry you have the wrong person".

Two days later all the items were sent back to me again.......... So I deleted every single fucking one and put him on ignore. YOU GET ONE MISTAKE MR THAT'S IT - RECEIVING AND SENDING 40 FUCKING PARCELS TAKES LIKE 5 MINUTES OF MY GOD DAMN TIME.

Made me laugh so hard thank you sir!

The name was Mycox Afloppin

Such a shame a good name went to waste.

I'm out of thanks currently or I'd hit you with one. They banned me back in day for the name Fourtwozero Smokehouse..... So when I had to change it I did Fourtwenty Smokehouse.... They banned for 3 days.

I'm gonna give it a few days and re petition. I don't see how they can just delete items in the parcel system just for a name violation. Item deletion isn't listed as their punitive actions for name violations.

Keep in mind that its against their rules to make such names and everyone should know that. Also keep in mind that their short staffed and I would guess over worked. Then take that into account when you made them enforce an obvious rule. I doubt they would want to help you out. As you said though you might have more luck with another GM.

I would start the petition with " Ok, I know what I picked for a name was funny and an interesting play on words, but was not aware it was an offense" then "I am sorry for any trouble I have caused" then ask for help...

a little sugar....

Or you could just tell them the truth that you dedicated your EQ character name to your late computer science teacher Marielle Yeung Cox (Yemen refugee that moved to the US and married for a better life) and her late bunny Aflopin.

Tragedies are hard man.

Briann Gragg, it's not the enforcing of their rule I am pissed about. It's the additional deletion of items in the parcel system I'm oissed about. The arbitrary deletion of items is not mentioned anywhere in their penalties for viilating a name policy.

Everyone needs to keep in mind a GM is the judge, jury, and executioner. What is or isn't in their rules doesn't really matter when they hold all the power.

Not saying it's right or wrong. Just don't expect them to be nice or caring when they have to institute disciplinary actions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, if I were you, I would suck up to that GM and make sure he knows that you are sorry and you won't do it again... Otherwise u might as well kiss your items bye bye ;-* :angel: ... Anyway, I wish you the best of luck in getting them back.

Update: I changed the email on my account to make it look different to the trouble ticket viewers. I resubmitted and played stupid asking for some lost items in the parcel system to be returned. Within about ten minutes, a different GM responded and gave all the items back. How bou dah

Haven't seen it said, but be careful what you post as GMs do read this forum. I guess if they wanted to find and ban you they could..

Ain't nobody got time for dat dho.

rofl you deserved it. Sorry, but you KNEW that name was against policy, and decided to do something stupid. Dont expect people to feel sorry for you because of it. I know Im not.. Im laughing fit to bust.

Petition and hope for the best -

I was banned for 7 days recently - I hadn't played in a while and was camping an old old quest mob ... Went to the kitchen to finish dinner and forgot to passive merc ... I'm 105 in a lvl 60 zone... Camping an insta afro mob ... The last thing I want is afk killing. Was away maybe 10 min.

Petitioned from another charector and ended up chatting bit via email - he helped with some settings.

Few days later the mob popped, but the script was fux0red. I got nothing. Petitioned - why not... same GM responded , said give him a bit ...gave me my drop 15 min later.

It's not old eq by any stretch ..

My last name was squarepants, and some little shit petitioned for name violations .. Seriously .. Who does that?

GM sent me the whole spongebob on song in texts with EQ variants ...

Again, I'd petition in a calm and detailed fashion and push

No grey area on that name ... But steep penalty all the same, lot of time to get that stuff

Another old timer tale - Guildie had the last name sugyrtyts and was summoned to the dead spot in Karnors by a female GM, forced him to ooc Alantis Morrisete lyrics until the zone Forgave him ...

Nazgull2k1, this thread has nothing to do with trying to get compassion. I'm letting people know that GMs are now deleting your items in addition to normal punitive actions.

This reminds me of when Rift came out. I was first 60 Cleric on server. My name was "Aids" because I aid people... *cough* about a minute after dinging 60 with my friend, GM popped up and told me I had to change my name.

That name is awesome. I have a necro named Bigwang who somehow has dodged the banhammer for years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Keep in mind that its against their rules to make such names and everyone should know that. Also keep in mind that their short staffed and I would guess over worked. Then take that into account when you made them enforce an obvious rule. I doubt they would want to help you out. As you said though you might have more luck with another GM.

I have a female drakkin cleric with red hair/tattoos named Chairi Poppens

Discussion - I got screwed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back